jimgriff
29th Jan 2012, 11:08
New programme BBC 9pm Sunday5th Feb. Trailer looks brilliant

jimgriff
5th Feb 2012, 21:34
Most watchable.

EGCA
6th Feb 2012, 07:39
Excellent programme, incredible bravery of the Lancaster crews was highlighted. Interesting to see the Atlantic (Atlantique?) DC3's at White Waltham, particularly G-AMRA in which I have flown from Coventry to an airshow late 80's or early 90's. Not sure which without checking, but was probably to West Malling for the Great Warbirds, the year that the Sunderland made a surprise appearance.

Interesting also the flight with the cheery lady who they said was one of only two DC3 qualified instructors in the UK now.

I've lost track of the Air Atlantique DC3 status, but there were two at White Waltham, and we also saw one on military "Invasion" strips, which one was that, the BBMF aircraft?

Any info on the Atlantique DC3 status appreciated.

EGCA

John Farley
6th Feb 2012, 11:32
A very well balanced programme. No difficult topic was ignored and all dealt with very well. Some wonderful interviews. Difficult to know how it could have been done better.

WHBM
6th Feb 2012, 18:33
A very well produced programme, this time the BBC got it right - which in all fairness they do much of the time. Great aircraft shots (they clearly didn't scrimp on flying hours), excellent concept, theme and script, interesting to everyone. Hope to see it do well in the 2012 BAFTAs.

olympus
8th Feb 2012, 15:51
'Cheery lady' = Cathy Burnham with whom I did some Commercial/IR training at Oxford back in the day (1980? She was the instructor, I was the instructee).

Good to see she's still going strong.