PDA

View Full Version : International cadet pilot programme

imran_x66
27th Jan 2012, 20:37
Which airline in the world other than Cathay sponsor international cadets?
Know about Etihad and that they stopped now. Any other airline?

AQIS Boigu
27th Jan 2012, 23:48
None anymore and that's the way we like it...

DauphinDude
28th Jan 2012, 11:56
No sharing of love among pilots... Only me, me and me!

SloppyJoe
28th Jan 2012, 12:42
Actually I think most would agree who work here that filling all of the airlines recruitment needs with cadets it the wrong way to do it. They were getting enough locals to join as cadets and that is how it should be and stay, why should CX be allowed to hire unskilled people from outside the SAR. Yeah some people are unlucky that an avenue into an airline is now closed for them but thats life. I am glad they are not offering this anymore, it will hopefully help make it a better airline for everyone who has the experience or ID card to join.

3rd Floor
28th Jan 2012, 13:23
No sharing of love among pilots... Only me, me and me! Stupid statement... you obviously don't work for CX as a pilot and don't understand how it used to be. CX had no problems attracting experienced pilots back then until they changed the terms & conditions. Trying to save $$$. A bad move in my opinion.

AQIS Boigu
29th Jan 2012, 00:20
DauphineDude,

As per my previous post I am only referring to iCadets...I have never had and will never have a problem with local cadets.

imran_x66
29th Jan 2012, 01:13
Since when did Cathay stop it?

boxerpilot
29th Jan 2012, 21:29
apparently from 1st Jan no more ab initio iCadets. Unfortunately what CX 'used to be' is accurate in its description. When you want to join now, it's gonna be the current terms and the new way of business. It's highly improbable that it would ever go back to the old days.