PDA

View Full Version : FB's Thread?

Finningley Boy
26th Jan 2012, 18:25
Anybody know why my Thread "Service Pride ?" got closed off?:(

FB:)

A2QFI
26th Jan 2012, 18:29
It looks to me as thought your post 121 was taken personally in some way then a MOD closed it in post 122.

Finningley Boy
26th Jan 2012, 18:48
I thought that particular post was obviously enough tongue in cheek. I can't believe anyone would think it at all sincere, let alone intended to be taken seriously. But it proves a point about the difficulty in getting a laugh out of this topic!

pr00ne
26th Jan 2012, 18:53
Shame. Some folk are just far too sensitive. Or far too bigoted...

BEagle
26th Jan 2012, 19:18
Probably because it had reached the prudent limit of tolerance for this forum. It might have been acceptable on Jet Blast and most of the earlier comments were fair enough.

But some of those posted later today transcended the bounds of decency, in my view, and I suspect others agreed. Don't forget that anyone might read this forum - whereas at least JB carries a warning.

NutLoose
26th Jan 2012, 20:18
Towards the end, the thread appeared to be taking a bit of a bum steer... Probably because of that..

Seldomfitforpurpose
26th Jan 2012, 20:18
I think it's more likely that the Mod's had sensed that for the first time ever I was about to post in total agreement with Pr00ne than the subject matter may have been upsetting the sensibilities of a few sanctimonious twonks :p:p:p

Pontius Navigator
26th Jan 2012, 20:36
I was going to say it was turning into a cockerel and hen fight.

Rock Hudson, he was girly wasn't he?

When 12(B) dropped in on their South American tour in '64 they got a rather nice photograph of the happy couple.

Rock had his arms around Doris Day so perhaps not all girly.

Airborne Aircrew
26th Jan 2012, 20:50
There is a bit too much "oversight" here from time to time... It was turning into a funny thread...

It could have just been moved or split to JB and have carried on bringing pleasure to some... :}

Finningley Boy
27th Jan 2012, 06:10
I have to agree that the previous thread started to get a tad raucous, but I think that balance was maintained throughout with good natured humour at all times. I think it could have been allowed to continue a bit longer before someone really got out of their pram and said something in a teddy tossing manner:(.....If you know what I mean by that?!:ok: