PDA

View Full Version : Premiair/Muk Air rumours

PropsAreForBoats
7th Oct 2001, 14:03
I picked up a rumour yesterday that Premiair is firing pilots with less than 3 years seniority, and that Muk Air is bankrupt. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Temp Hi
7th Oct 2001, 14:45
Hi PAFB, I read somewhere that Premiair was to get rid of their 3 A300, and as a consequence also the 44 pilots operating them - at least that was the way it came out in the newspaper, but I guess that people will be sacked according to seniority-list. Good luck to those unfortunate enough to be among those 44 :( Strangely, however, I know for a fact that until at least last week Premiair was running a typerating-course at Flight Academy for newcomers onto the A320 :confused:
Concerning Muk, I think they have been declared dead a few times over the last years. From having been run by the founder and captain Knut Lindau, the airline was for a period under the management of a company, which I believe had some kind of connection to KLM. Lately, however, they were allegedly sold to a swedish consortium - and that is more or less what I know (or should I say believe to know, since all this is unconfirmed hear-say). Does anyone know, what happened to the (was it ?) 3 VFW-614 which Muk inherited from the german Luftwaffe ???

brgds & good luck

LN-PILOT
7th Oct 2001, 15:21
Last Friday, Muk Air flew their last flight to Bornholm/Rønne and back with their ATR-42.

The aircraft was returned to France(I do believe), Saturday.

Concerning VFW, the plan is to get them flying soon, either VIP or freight.

DoctorA300
7th Oct 2001, 23:59
OY-CNA/K and L are the 3 A300´s in question, and to my knowledge they have been sold a number of times since ´92. I don´t belive they will actually disapear this tim either.
Brgds
Doc

Kaptein Max
8th Oct 2001, 00:45
MUK is working to get the FWs airworthy.

DAT will operate one or both ex-MUK ATRs. DAT will fly the mail.

Rumour: All of MUK's ATR captains have been offered jobs by DAT.

captaink
9th Oct 2001, 03:12
Instead of being