PDA

View Full Version : RTR Mumbai Attempt

fly2infinity
25th Jan 2012, 19:01
Hey Everyone!

Can somebody please tell me the Last date for application of Mumbai attempt?
I tried wpc.dot.gov.in but somehow the webpage cannot be opened.

Thanks.

cyrilroy21
25th Jan 2012, 19:16
Seems to work for me

The last date for online filing is 19-02-2012
Last date for sending Hard copy is 26-02-2012

Exam fee Rs 500/- . DD should be from SBI only

DD in the name of " Communication Accounts Officer ( Cash ) , Mumbai "
payable at Mumbai

Address where hard copy is to be sent

Assistant Wireless Advisor ,
WPC Wing Regional Licensing Office ,
Ministry of Communication & IT ,
International Wireless Monitoring Station Campus ,
Borivali West , Mumbai 400-091

Schedule for the rest of the year

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/doc20120113033142.pdf

cyrilroy21
25th Jan 2012, 19:24
Save yourself a copy of the above pdf and email it to yourself so that you can access it from anywhere .
As you know the WPC website is not exactly always reliable :hmm:

Takeout a print out of the admit card the day it is published or save yourself a copy . Dont wait for the last day before the exam to access it as the website might not be accessible .

Another suggestion and this is for all those who will be giving the RT exam attempts this year .
Apply for the next attempt even though the last date for applying will be long before the results are released .
No matter how confident you are of passing the exam apply for the next attempt as its quite likely that the result will only be published after the last date is over for the next attempt .

Good Luck :ok:

fly2infinity
27th Jan 2012, 17:29
Thanks Cyril.

va007run
31st Jan 2012, 03:51
Hi,

After i logged in , it showed the date had passed.
Can anyone tell me or send me the link from where i can submit online application form for the mumbai attempt 2012?

issues
1st Feb 2012, 20:33
Online filling of application has started on WPC's website. All the best to all :}

Ankit Kotecha
2nd Feb 2012, 07:17
can anybody share mk singh or any other good tutor's notes.

Ankit Kotecha
5th Feb 2012, 06:14
do we need a new character certificate everytime we apply fir the RTR exam? i have a copy of my character certificate which i made last year for applying for the exam.
can i use the same copy, to scan/upload and then send it by post. or do i need to make a new character certificate? please advice.

coolonu
8th Feb 2012, 08:40
this is what d instruction says when you start filling up your details in the online application.
how can one select blue colour.
I tried copy paste from MS - Word but when I paste it in RTR application it turns in blue in colour .
please advise....

coolonu
8th Feb 2012, 09:23
8527245777 n 9433044765

absolute ceiling
12th Feb 2012, 01:11
i have a query. i hold indian CPL and i did my last flight in march 2009. my indian RTR(c) expires on march 2012. i have a UK RT valid till 2017. can i give part 1 only and renew with my UK RT.? is 30 hrs of recent flying required.?

coolonu
13th Feb 2012, 06:31
u can renew RTR by taking part 1 exam, if u clear part 1 then no need for 30hrs. all d best.

knaik
24th Feb 2012, 04:47
Hi I have a RTR(C) which expired in June 2011.. I have a canadian rt which is valid for life.. I dnt have 30 hours in the last 3 years.. should i give part 1 or both??:hmm:

shivav23
10th Mar 2012, 02:47
hi...

i have a bit of an issue with my initial rtr...

as we all kno we have to submit visa copies...

now the thing is i have 2 visa's one the original one issued for my training and one extension...but with the extension there was some problem with the dept f immigration in austraila..so it was on hold...and i was on a "bridging visa" but i finished my course before they could issue me the visa so i just cancelled my visa and got back...now i dont understand what to tell wpc regarding this and what documents to attach

if someone could help me would be great
many thanks!

ramkiarchu
10th Mar 2012, 03:32
dd has to be made in favour of PAO, DOT, NEW DELHI,right? also how do we start applying for the delhi attempt starting from 30th april 2012? i have registered, but when i go to fill the online application form it says date has passed! what should i do?

Intruder101
1st Apr 2012, 05:48
Hello, has anyone given this time(mumbai) attempt for Part 1.?
Heard that this time they have changed the pattern for 5th question ie:they have replaced it with fill in the blanks which is related to air regulations.?

Anyone familiar with the questions please put up few.?
Thanks.

engineered_to_fly
1st Apr 2012, 07:06
I guess there are some 10 sub-questions under the 5th question which are in the abbreviated form and your job is to convert them into full form using the rspective aviation phraseology.
For eg:
Q.) You must land bfr SS
Ans: You must land before Sunset

I am not sure regarding the "FILL IN THE BLANKS" type questions.Anyone who has given the exam recently could please help us regarding this issue.
Thank You :)

avicon
1st Apr 2012, 08:46
So if you have 30 hrs in the precious 3 years AND RTR(p) issued by WPC, it can be extended without giving part 1 exam. Is this correct.

Rs 5000 DD needs to be sent along with proof of flying, copy of your RTR, CPL etc to Sanchar Bhavan, Ashoka Rd, Delhi?

avicon
1st Apr 2012, 08:49
Also, is valid RTR a requirement if you are going for your Tyoe Ratings abroad.

At the time of submission to endorse TR, isnt it enough to have valid Class I, valid CPL with current IR and valid FRTOL? Someone please clarify.

As far as I understand, the RTR is only required to extend the FRTOL. FRTOL is renewed on the basis of your RTR permit. Is this correct?

engineered_to_fly
1st Apr 2012, 09:58
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR RTR(P/C) HOLDERS WHO ARE FACING PROBLEMS REGARDING RTR(P/C) CONVERSION:

1. RTR(P) can be extended if you have 30Hrs flying in the last 3 years.
If you dont have the required 30 Hrs then you need to give in the RTR Part-1 exam.

2. If you fulfill any one of the above mentioned requirements then you can apply for extension.

3. REGARDING APPLICATION:
(Explained with example)

If your RTR(P/C) is expiring on 2nd September 2012,then you need to have 30 hrs flying between 3rd September 2009 and 2nd September 2012.

Your papers should reach between 3rd June 2012 and 2nd September 2012 because you can apply only 3 months prior to your RTR expiry date(in this case 2nd September 2012).

Along with other papers you need to send a DD of Rs 5000 plus you also need to send in your original RTR(P/C).

RTR(P/C) holders can only extend their RTR(P/C) upto20 years.
If you need a lifetime RTR then you got to give both RTR Part 1 and Part 2 and get the RTR(A) for lifetime.

4. TR GUYS:

Regarding TR guys,your TR sim hours wont be counted towards the 30 hrs flying requirement .

The general requirement which i have found on the TR NOC:

The licence,ratings, and medical of trainee pilot must be current during entire training and checks.

P.S:
If you find any discrepancy or error in my post,feel free to correct me ,your suggestions are welcome.

KEEP SHARING,KEEP HELPING :)

siddhanta_alc
1st Apr 2012, 11:43
i got my rt exam , rather said as 3rd attempt in mmbai on the 9th of april 2012
i need sample questions what evr you remember .. any kind of help.. any smallest thing especially sids n stars please help
[email protected]
thank you

engineered_to_fly
1st Apr 2012, 12:12
Guys please share about the recent RT exam....Any inputs would be appreciated :)

Johny Boy
1st Apr 2012, 13:22
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR RTR(P/C) HOLDERS WHO ARE FACING PROBLEMS REGARDING RTR(P/C) CONVERSION:

1. RTR(P) can be extended if you have 30Hrs flying in the last 3 years.
If you dont have the required 30 Hrs then you need to give in the RTR Part-1 exam.

Correction :

RTR(P) can only be extended if you have Valid Foreign CPL + Foreign FRTOL + 30 Hours in last 36 Months from date of applying.
Validity - Max Validity will be given on expiry date of CPL/FRTOL , which ever expires first will hold true for issued RTR permit expiry date.

RTR(C) can be extended if you have Valid Foreign FRTOL and got RTR(C) by clearing Part 1 in initial issuing of RTR(C).
Validity - Will be on Expiry of your Foreign FRTOL
Maximum will be 20 years, For Canadian FRTOL it is 5 years and For Philippines FRTOL it is 3 years.

First time RTR Conversion - Valid FRTOL + Clear Part 1 exam
Validity - Expiry of your Foreign FRTOL.
Maximum will be 20 Years.

First time RTR Permit - Valid FRTOL + Foreign CPL + 30 Hours in last 36 months.
Validity - Given on expiry date of CPL/FRTOL , which ever expires first will hold true for issued RTR permit expiry date.

Note : Extending Indian RTR on basis of UK RT will be done only " IF " Part 1 is cleared and Validity will be based on Expiry date of UK RT or Maximum of 3/5 Years.( Please confirm from WPC RTR office regarding year of validity )

STABLE extrovert
1st Apr 2012, 14:12
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

RTR(P) can only be extended if you have Valid Foreign CPL + Foreign FRTOL + 30 Hours in last 36 Months from date of applying.

Are you sure about having 30 Hours in last 36 Months from date of applying? I understand it to be 30 hours in the last 36 months from the date of expiry of the permit.

In my case, I have 21 hours flight time from the date of issue of my RTR(P) which was January 2010. As per my understanding, when I apply for extension of the RTR (P) in October 2012, I would be required to show 30 hours in the last 36 months from the date of expiry of the permit which is January 2013. The reason behind confirming the same is that I have around 30 hours of flying done in the 3 months preceding January 2010.

Hope I could make sense and request your clarity on the same.

avicon
1st Apr 2012, 15:27
@ENGINEERED TO FLY

Thanks a lot for the info.

Now for renewal of RTR(P), is the application sent to WPC in Sanchar Bhavan, Delhi?

Whom is the DD supposed to be favouring?

avicon
1st Apr 2012, 15:34
Correction :

RTR(P) can only be extended if you have Valid Foreign CPL
+ Foreign FRTOL + 30 Hours in last 36 Months from date of applying.
Validity
- Max Validity will be given on expiry date of CPL/FRTOL , which ever expires
first will hold true for issued RTR permit expiry date.

Foreign licences have lifetime validity. For eg, the Australian CPL is perpetually valid subject to renewal of class 1

On the basis of this, will RTR (p) be extended for at least 20 years as per the new rule, after payment of rs 5000/-

Johny Boy
1st Apr 2012, 19:26
Are you sure about having 30 Hours in last 36 Months from date of applying? I understand it to be 30 hours in the last 36 months from the date of expiry of the permit.
Yes Stable, i was asked same when i applied for renewal.Generally WPC counts hours from date of expiry and back to 36 months so you should be fine as my renewal was done some time back. Will let you know on Wednesday as i am off to WPC.

Avicon

Foreign licences have lifetime validity. For eg, the Australian CPL is perpetually valid subject to renewal of class 1

On the basis of this, will RTR (p) be extended for at least 20 years as per the new rule, after payment of rs 5000/-

Firstly, you will get RTR(C) when applying for radio license on basis of Canadian CPL + FRTOL and not RTR(P).:)
The subject of Medical renewal doesn't warrant you 20 years of RTR(C).
You will get 5 years of RTR(C) validity on basis of Canadian CPL for direct conversion.

Secondly, 20 years of RTR license validity will be applicable if you clear Part 1 and hold valid Foreign FRTOL as per new rule.

engineered_to_fly
2nd Apr 2012, 01:32
Details of DD enclosed :-( DD should be drawn in the name of PAO (HQ), DOT, New Delhi from SBI and payable at New Delhi branch Code 7687)

Yes,please forward your application to Wpc,sanchar bhavan.

STABLE extrovert
2nd Apr 2012, 08:30
Incase, WPC counts hours from date of expiry and back to 36 months then I would need another 9 hours to renew my RTR(P). I will be fine if they count hours from date of application and back to 36 months as I have more than 30 hours in the last 36 months as required to renew my RTR(P) in this case.

It would be great if you could ask this query on my behalf when you go on Wednesday.

Thanks for your help in advance:)

engineered_to_fly
2nd Apr 2012, 10:24
Now even i have the same doubt as Stable extrovert.
Do they count 30 hours from the date of application or from the date of expiry of your RTR???
When you visit WPC on wednesday,could you please confirm the same from the respective WPC official.
Thanks in advance. :)

Johny Boy
2nd Apr 2012, 13:20
Stable & Engineered

Sure i will ask them about the how they count 30 hours in 36 months.

One more thing Stable as you said you need to renew your RTR(P) then may i ask about the origin of your Foreign FRTOL as different countries FRTOL have slightly different rules of renewal accorded by WPC.

Engineered , You need to submit your renewal application 3 months before your expiry not more than that as they will only process the application some 3 months before expiry so no use sending it right away.You got your PM's reply in this post and i hope it serves to your satisfaction.:)

engineered_to_fly
2nd Apr 2012, 13:58
Hi Johny
Thank you soo much :ok:
We (Stable Extrovert and me) will be waiting for your reply regarding how they calculate the 30 hrs thingy.
Thanks again :)

STABLE extrovert
2nd Apr 2012, 14:00
I have got my RTR(P) on the basis of a South African CPL. We do not have a seperate FRTOL and the RT license has the same validity as the CPL which is 10 years for an initial issue.

In my view, my RTR(P) would be extended for 7 years as per the validity of my SACAA CPL. But, I am not sure if WPC has a different view on this.

avicon
2nd Apr 2012, 15:36
Hi johny Boy

I have an RTR (P) which was issued to me on the basis of my Australia licence. I did not undergo any exams for this. In Aus we have CPL and FRTOL which was issued to me in 2008.

Please can you find out from WPC whether I may submit photocopies of the Ind CPL/FRTOL/RTR as I will need the original to submit at DGCA office very soon.

Also if I pay DD 5000/- what will be the validity period of my renewed RTR-P.

Many thanks in advance.

MIG21KID
2nd Apr 2012, 17:46
@ Johny Boy please check your PM.

Johny Boy
2nd Apr 2012, 23:26
Avicon

Re-read the rules of WPC again be it new or old , it's clearly stated that to get RTR(P) renewed you need following :

1. Valid Foreign CPL.
2. Valid Foreign FRTOL.
3. 30 Hours in last 36 months.

You have choice of clearing exam to get RTR( Conversion ) for max upto 20 years or get all above 3 pointers for Renewal max 5 years.:)

One more thing , best i know is WPC issues RTR(C) for Australian FRTOL and not RTR(P).I am afraid if it's RTR(P) renewal then you need to follow those 3 points.

What will they do with your Indian licenses for renewal purpose ?
And i am pretty sure they will kick me out of the WPC office if i dare to suggest them that:p

Ankit Kotecha
3rd Apr 2012, 11:08
MUMBAI 2012 ATTEMPT.

any sample questions ?? can anybody who has already appeared please share??

and anybody appearing for the same on APRIL 12TH ??

avicon
3rd Apr 2012, 12:05
Thanks Johny Boy

There is no mention of photograph requirements. My original conmversion came with passport size photograph attached. I am guessing it will be required again for renewal.

Also, do WPC require copy of Indian CPL/FRTOL at all? (Along with foreign CPL/FRTOL)

avicon
3rd Apr 2012, 12:09
For renewal is it still Rs5000/- they charge, or is it still Rs 50/- as stated in the instructions page on Form COP 23

A69
4th Apr 2012, 04:12
Still awaiting for my hall ticket and roll number.
Been long time since i had applied.
WPC website is always down, and if working, shows that application still under process.

Anybody else waiting for their roll number and date?

clrd
4th Apr 2012, 06:13
@a69

go to this link Admit Card (http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/rtr/admitcard.aspx)

you will be able to download your admit card. Don't expect it to be received at your address.

A69
4th Apr 2012, 11:20
I know.:suspect::hmm:

i was talking about my application still pending.

Nevermind...

avicon
4th Apr 2012, 11:57
Today is wednesday. Did johny boy go to WPC?

i wonder why they dont ask for photos on form 23 COP

Johny Boy
4th Apr 2012, 18:41
Yes Johny boy visited WPC on Wednesday and it was still jam packed just like old days:*

1. 30 Hours in 36 months from date of RTR Expiry.
2. Canadian FRTOL ( Direct ) will have - 5 Year Validity.
3. RTR(P) renewal -
Valid CPL with Medical
Valid FRTOL
30 Hours from date of expiry of RTR(P)

Avicon - 5000 Rs DD + 2 Photo's + Rest of renewal Doc's.

Did i missed something to ask from WPC ?:O

avicon
5th Apr 2012, 10:35
Thank you Johny Boy. Much appreciated.

Once more doubt---I take t that we are talking about the foreign CPL and foreign Medicals. Any chance these people will bother to ask about INDIAN CPL/Medical?

I take it I wont have to send in my Indian CPL. Is that correct.

Also if Class1 has expired but Class 2 is still valid will they consider that.

P51-Mustang
8th Apr 2012, 07:49
What is the paper pattern like for the Part 1 exam? Anyone who has given this Mumbai attempt?

ayush
9th Apr 2012, 06:23
hey friends. im appearing for rtr delhi in april.

i would appreciate if anybody could post some links where i could find some questions for preparing myslef for this rt paper

SIERRA29
9th Apr 2012, 17:37
Hey there Fellow Pilots and RTR Exam Givers,How are you doing, I'm new to PPrune and this is my First post so all your info and help is much appreciated.

i have gone thru is thread and i am still confused regarding my situationI got a canadian RTR but flew south of the Border and Have FAA Cpl, But lucky me i was able to get a Indian RTR(c) by only giving Part 1 and now it is about to expire.So do i fall in the category were i can submit my Canadian RTR,Rs.5000 and other Documents and get a 5 year Extension/Renewal or The Dreaded Part-1 for me :ugh:

Please do let me know if you have info on this matter as No one in WPC picks likes to up calls and Delhi is around 2000km away Thanks Again :)

sscheema
21st Apr 2012, 11:33
When are the results likely to be out for RTR exams held in mumbai - 2012?

cyrilroy21
1st May 2012, 07:29
Congrats to those who passed the RT exams

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/docfiles/RTR%20Result-%20Mumbai-12.pdf

@sscheema
Congrats , I think they spelt your name wrong though ;)

Intruder101
1st May 2012, 08:49
Hi, i have passed part 1 exam and have a current uk RT. Now to get rtr (P) what all documents i need to submit to WPC for issuing my RT.

Thanks in advance.

vinit
2nd May 2012, 16:03
WPC guys really tested our patience this time. Mumbai attempts results weren't declared and Delhi attempt exams had already begun.

I passed though:ok:

aviator2903
10th Jul 2017, 10:04
Hey everyone.

I need to register for RTR, and one of the requirements is 'Nationality cum Character Certificate'. How and where do I get that from?

Please help!

Thanks.