PDA

View Full Version : PPL (H) Air Law exam issues

mrspinx
25th Jan 2012, 16:35
Hi,
I recently completed my Air Law exam at a fixed wing school for my PPL (H) which is one of the two exams I have to sit to qualify for PPL (H) under the DHFS accreditation scheme. I have just had an email from the CAA saying that my exam is not acceptable as it is a fixed wing paper!!
I have spoke to the guy at Thruxton and he is not aware of Air Law exam being either fixed wing or helicopter specific.

Does anyone know if there are different exams, surely air law is air law no matter what you fly and secondly if I was a PPL (A) holder converting to (H) I would be exempt the exam presumably because they are the same exam.

Any help would be appreciated before i have to spend more cash doing another exam.

flight beyond sight
25th Jan 2012, 16:51
They are different exams sorry

mrspinx
25th Jan 2012, 16:55
Ok thanks i just thought i would check. Funny enough though i done my exams with two others at the same school both who have now recieved the licence without issue.

RookieCaptain
2nd Apr 2012, 20:35
I only did helicopter principles of flight and flight performance and planning exams as all the others were accredited from my PPL(A) I was told the rest of the exams are the same as fixed wing.

How did u get on in the end?