PDA

View Full Version : easa changes to checkrides [lpc] CAA

md 600 driver
23rd Jan 2012, 08:24
hi
does anyone know if when we start easa rules in the uk

if helicopter check rides {lpc] will have to be completed by examiners or will it be the same as fixed wing where a instructor does the check ride [lpc]

BillieBob
23rd Jan 2012, 08:30
An instructor (who is not also an examiner) cannot conduct an LPC either in a helicopter or an aeroplane and this will not change under the EU Regulation. Perhaps you are getting confused between an LPC and the 'flight with an instructor' required to revalidate an aerolane class rating by experience.

md 600 driver
23rd Jan 2012, 08:45
billie bob
sorry i am getting confused now
in a helicopter it is a requirement that that periodically you need to fly with a examiner i thought that was a lpc [have i used the correct terminology ]

in a fixed wing you can do this same check with a instructor not a examiner [what is this check called ?]

what i wondered is after easa changes will both be the same ?

Whopity
23rd Jan 2012, 08:55
in a fixed wing you can do this same check with a instructor not a examiner [what is this check called ?]No, you cannot do any form of test or LPC with an instructor. There are two methods of revalidating a SEP or TMG Class rating, one is to do an LPC with an Examiner exactly as you do on a helicopter, the other is to revalidate by experience. One of the experience requirements is to have completed a dual instructional flight of 1 hour with an instructor. That is not a test and does not revalidate the licence, it is simply one of several "Experience" requirements. It still requires an Examiner to sign the revalidation. There is no change to this under EASA.