PDA

View Full Version : revalidating on foreign aircraft

mauntown08
22nd Jan 2012, 17:51
I'm looking to revalidate my UK JAA/EASA multi and IR later on this year. I'm currently in the Caribbean and have an JAA (French) rated examiner willing to help me out.

My question is can I do this on a foreign registered (VP) aircraft, or must it be done on an aircraft registered to a JAA/EASA state? I will doing this in July so EASA will be in operation by then.

Thanks for your help

VJW
23rd Jan 2012, 00:40
Email or call the UK CAA

[email protected]

+44 1293 573700

The reason I say this is because say someone on here says you can do it and it turns out that you can't then you've wasted a lot of time and money. On the flip side if someone says you can't when actually you can, then again maybe you'll waste a lot of time and money doing it somewhere else.

Easiest and correct thing to do is get the answer from the horses mouth. I use to work at the CAA myself and I can't remember the answer to yor question. My gut says you can't, after all a successful LST/LPC goes down as PIC/us in your logbook, and how are you able to be PIC on an aircraft you actually aren't allowed to be Pic on with a JAR licence. Again I can't remember the official answer, and even if I could it wouldn't be official!

Make a phone call/email, easiest way to avoid making a mistake.