PDA

View Full Version : FAA PPL training & Flight time crediting

scanavos
21st Jan 2012, 20:03
I have 50 hrs dual + 1 hr solo on PA28-140 under FAA. I don't have an FAA PPL. I want to take JAA PPL with a RF in Europe.
Questions:
1) A RF FI will evaluate me first and then he will tell me how many hours dual I need to meet the required skillness to go for solo in the traffic pattern, solo cross country etc and finally skilltest?
2) Is my whole training under FAA credited 100% or is there any rule(JAR article) that a percentage of my 50hrs experience is credited towards the PPL?
3) The RF CFI/Head of Training will ask the Authority what gonna happen with me or he himself will decide how many hours I need and I wil proceed my training with the RF without the involvement of the Authority?
4) I can't find anything in LASORS relevant with my case. Is there any article about other than JAA state member training crediting?

mrmum
21st Jan 2012, 21:04
LASORS C1.2
Credits for Previous Experience and Training
In circumstances where previous flying training towards an ICAO PPL(A) (non-JAR-FCL) has been conducted but no licence has been issued, PLD will
consider the crediting of such flight time towards the issue of a JAR-FCL PPL(A).
In all cases, applicants must apply in writing to PLD enclosing appropriate training records and flying logbooks for the PPL training received. PLD will review the training records to establish a course of training and advise the applicant accordingly.
In addition to any additional training required (where there is a shortfall of requirements), applicants will be required to complete one cross-country
flight of at least 270km (150nm), during which full stop landings at two different aerodromes from the aerodrome of departure shall be made, pass all the JAR-FCL PPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations and pass the PPL(A) skill test.
While we currently have regulations based on the JARs, LASORS is specific to the UK.
1) You send your logbook and other records if you have them to the CAA, then they tell you what you need to do to complete your training. A FI at whichever RF you choose, will then decide when you're ready, safe and competent to undertake the further solo time you will require.
2) Crediting of non-JAA training is entirely at the discretion of the CAA, however I'm told they have always allowed FAA training in the US in full.
3) The CAA will stipulate minimum requirements. The CFI/HoT at the RF will oversee what you actually need to do in practice, which will be more.

Gomrath
21st Jan 2012, 21:16
I don't have an FAA PPL. I want to take JAA PPL with a RF in Europe.

Back on 2010 you posted this where you stated that you held a CPL ME/IR.
http://www.pprune.org/flying-instructors-examiners/428349-revalidating-cpl-sp-mep-ir.html#post5950463

and back in March 2009 you asked what appears to be the exact same question that you are asking again today.
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/367527-flight-training-experience-faa-jaa-credit.html#post4817199

Whopity
22nd Jan 2012, 08:23
Firstly, the statement in LASORs is only relevant to the UK not Europe. Secondly, when introduced it was intended that this would provide an allowance for persons who had started training in one State and then moved to the UK. UK Service personnel being a prime example. It was not intended to allow people to flit between States doing a bit here and a bit there, hence the reason to contact the CAA to see if the experience is acceptable.

JAR-FCL says you will get a 10 hour credit for your flying, you will have to complete 25 hours dual with a JAA FI and pass the exams and Skill Test. Most RFs in Europe will offer the training and exams in their National Language.

With 50 hours dual and 1 solo, I suggest its going to take you another 50 hours so any credits are probably irrelevant as you will effectively have to do the complete JAA course. Maybe you'd be better off finishing where you are!