PDA

View Full Version : Job-Muligheder for FAA cert. pilot ??

PicMas
11th Mar 2001, 06:06
hej....

Da jeg er ny bruger paa siden vil jeg lige stikke en finger i jorden og tage temperaturen......

Jeg vil gerne starte med at undskylde for evt. test mails sendt ved en fejltagelse...

Jeg arbejder i oejeblikket som instruktoer paa en flyveskole i Florida. Min TT er ca 700 timer og ikke saa meget twin.
For nysgerrighedens skyld ville jeg gerne hoere om evt. job-muligheder i den vide verden, jeg har multi., inst., comm. samt instruktoer certifikater, alle udstedt under FAA.
Hvis nogen kender de aktuelle requirements hos ex. SaudiAir og CX vil jeg meget gerne hoere om det.....

.....Ja, jeg ved godt at de har hjemmesider, men alligevel.

Alle svar modtages med "kyshaand" ?!?

TowerDog
11th Mar 2001, 06:53
Saudia eller CX med 700 timer totaltid?
Hmm, tror ikke det nei.
Jeg jobbet i Midt-Østen noen år og kom inn med 7000 timer inkludert et par tusen på jumbo.

Ja tidene har forandret seg de siste 10 årene, MEN, Araberne trener deg som regel ikke. Du får jobb på type hvis du allerede har tid på type.
(Minimum 300 til 500 timer på flyet var visst minstekrav noen år siden)

Har du grønnkort far du kanskje interju med
Ameerican Eagle og andre regionale selskaper
hvis du får skranglet sammen et par hundre timer til på twin.

Kanskje også store muligheter i Europa hvis du tar alle sertifikater og konverteringer som skal til for å få E.U. lapp, eller hva det kalles for tiden.

Dog gode tider å være ung flyger.

Good luck.

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

B-744
11th Mar 2001, 16:19
Cx kræver vist officielt 1000 timer total, men i øjeblikket ser det ud til at de fleste nye second officers (relief pilots) har 3000+ timer med turbine erfaring. Det har dog aldrig skadet nogen at prøve, så held og lykke med det.

JJflyer
11th Mar 2001, 20:07
There are jobs around that require FAA licence. But most of these jobs are for people with high experience levels. Based in Europe I fly a VIP B727 for a Saudi-Arabian flight department and do it with FAA ATP. Our airplanes are registered both in US and " States of comfort " such as Aruba, Cayman Islands and Bermuda.

If you are looking for a way to save a little money and not obtain JAA licence, I think that you are wasting your time. In order to get a good job in Europe you need to have that paper. Unfortunately Validations are issued for one year only at the time and are in effect to 2007. So by that time it is nececcary to be fully in compliance with the FCL.

Though you might be able to find some US registered business aircraft, KingAirs and Citations that are flown around Europe and get to fly those with the owner to log a few hours. I tried that but had a horrible time trying to find anybody that was willing to give me a break.
I ended up flying around the globe and finally just over a year a go got my present position.

JJ

PlusHundred
13th Mar 2001, 06:21
PicMas, sørg for at få dit US ATP før du forlader USA, det er gyldigt resten af dit liv og er utroligt handy at have senere.

Jeg har selv arbejdet som intruktør i Florida, og rejste med 1500 timer og et ATP. Det at man har et ATP er lidt et gyldent stempel, da det er adgangskort til mange pilot jobs, plus at det gør konvertering til andet lands certifikat meget nemmere.

Så bid i det sure æble et års tid endnu, og få optjent de sidste timer til dit ATP. Tro mig, du vil fortryde det senere hvis du ikke gør det!

PicMas
19th Mar 2001, 18:02
Tak for svarene......

JJ.. do you know the circumstances involved in obtaining a validation for flying on a non-european license i.e. validity, who can apply, I guess what I'm asking is; do you need a job-offer and who fills out the application, the pilot or the company ??

JJflyer
19th Mar 2001, 20:05
That is a complicated issue.

Depends totally who you talk with or which CAA you contact. Seems that everyone has their own way to interpret JAA regulations.

There are a couple good web pages to give you assistance. Try www.jaa.nl (http://www.jaa.nl) ,you should find all the validation requirments there.
In some cases companies can help you out with this, usually this applies to very experienced Captains though.

I came to the conclusion about 4 moinths ago that either I get a full JAA licence or I keep flying with my FAA ATP and thus wont be competitive when applying to EU airlines. It looks like I should have the required hours for a ATP validation in about year and a half or so. But it does not change the fact that I still would have to have all the required written tests completed by 2007 as that is the final date given to me to be in full compliance according to JAA.

Hope this helps a bit...Oh have me met in Florida or California???

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 19 March 2001).]

PicMas
20th Mar 2001, 05:33
Thnx again JJ for your time on the subject.

Having consulted with the JAA web-site, I think you are right, obtaining the European licenses might be the only right way to go about moving back to Europe ( and fly planes for a living). I looked into getting the JAR-FCL1 ATPL on a distance learning program from Oxford, its about $2.500 which is a bit expensive but appearently necessary.
Fortunately I work at a CAA/JAA approved school, PAN AM in Vero Beach,FL where I can hopefully do the majority of the practical training towards the CPL.......

In case you have further suggestions or even better an empty right seat, I'd love to hear about it :-)

Thnx again....

P.S. I don't think we've met, I lived in Daytona Beach for 1.5 yrs before moving to VRB about 2 months ago, so......

PlusHundred
30th Mar 2001, 07:08
PicMas, du arbejder vel ikke for min gamle arbejdgiver FSI i VRB?

Mvh.
PlusHundred

PicMas
4th Apr 2001, 05:11
Nej....

Jeg arbejder for det tidligere Air-Safety, nu Pan Am Intl Flight Academy, der efter at have koebt Air-Safety flyttede fra VRB til FPR.
En supergod skole med splinternye fly

dick badcock
7th Apr 2001, 17:43
PicMas

Lykke til med konverteringer. Et lite raad; som skandinav boer du holde deg unna 'Saudi', de kulturelle forskjeller er for store.

For de fleste jobs i Europa kreves det JAR cert plus 1000-1500 timer, noen med 500 multi

JJflyer
7th Apr 2001, 19:34
Rumours I have heard in the last week about JAA rethinking the validation process have been really encouraging.
I was told that the following would be the likely scheme in near future:

* Validation of ICAO licence ( inc FAA ) for a year through employment offer from a JAA compliant company.
* Extentable for a second year.
* Must fly certain hours during each year to keep validation valid
* Easing the theoretical requirments for qualified pilots and the classroom training.

I got this info from a fairly reliable source, but have not been able to confirm from officials yet.

JJ