PDA

View Full Version : Emir Airlines

fruitninja2012
20th Jan 2012, 23:45
Hello everyone, I heard thats a new airline is starting in JED called Emir, any info about it?

telnady
21st Jan 2012, 12:46
currently hiring B757/767 crew

Emir Airlines LLC. (http://emirairlines.com/careers.html)

fruitninja2012
21st Jan 2012, 23:44
Thanks telnadi, any idea about their fleet size, pay, working conditions....etc

mutt
22nd Jan 2012, 05:11
working conditions Considering that they havent flown yet, it might be hard finding someone to answer that question. It would also help if you said which position you were seeking.....

Their paint scheme looks awesome on the website, I wonder if the aircraft will be as good.

Mutt

crewmeal
22nd Jan 2012, 06:50
Unusual to be starting an airline with older aircraft that will cost a fortune to run. Still if carriers are shedding them for next to nothing then there are bargins to be had.

I hope it's not being put together by a bunch of people from failed carriers that have ripped off everyone apart from themselves.

Agreed, love the logo and the slogan 'uplift the spirit' - Good luck to the new airline.

fruitninja2012
22nd Jan 2012, 13:15
Quote:
working conditions
Considering that they havent flown yet, it might be hard finding someone to answer that question.

That was a before sleep question, sorry about that guys.

And mutt, I'm applying as FO, but also interested in knowing the conditions of the Captains, since I know some Captains interested.

international hog driver
22nd Jan 2012, 13:33
Chief Pilot is a stand up character who has spent some considerable time in the kingdom previously.

Personally I think they will do much better than the previous attempts such as Al Wafeer. Better planned, better aircraft.

:ok:

mutt
22nd Jan 2012, 15:24
I hope it's not being put together by a bunch of people from failed carriers that have ripped off everyone apart from themselves. Nope, this is a good bunch, or so it appears......

Chief Pilot is a stand up character I will second that opinion :ok::ok::ok:

They have great plans, based on religious travel, so I'm sure that they will be hiring crews for some time to come.

Mutt

metro301
22nd Jan 2012, 21:19
Didn't Alwafeer just try this and fail? I hope it works.

Sorry IHD, I saw your comment after I made the posting

mutt
23rd Jan 2012, 03:53
Yes they did......however they upset the hand that fed them, nothing to do with the business model.

Mutt

dac787
24th Jan 2012, 12:17
Try t send application to [email protected] but fail..:{:{

fruitninja2012
27th Jan 2012, 21:29
Did they get any airplane yet?

mutt
27th Jan 2012, 23:54
Rumor is that they will fly first half feb...... so would expect an aircraft soon.

Mutt

jimmyjetdriver
28th Jan 2012, 00:07
Word is that they leased S2-AFD from GMG Bangladesh.

NG ExPat
28th Jan 2012, 15:06
They haven't leased anything yet. Once again JimmyJetDriver is showing his total lack of knowledge!! They are now saying they may have a couple of 75's by mid to late April. They still do not have an Aircraft Operating Certificate, nor do they have approval for an Sim Training. That approval may come sometime next week.

farfallina
31st Jan 2012, 17:07
as regards CA, 1700 us dollars per month, 3 years contract with 3 months probatory period, transport and accomodation provided

flyguy70lk
1st Feb 2012, 03:19
02 75's on wet lease, AOC next week, first scheduled flight on 15th..hope it all works out, more jobs on the market eh??!!:D

mutt
1st Feb 2012, 04:07
AOC next week Are you sure about that?

Mutt

Wizofoz
1st Feb 2012, 04:28
as regards CA, 1700 us dollars per month,

I think (hope!) you left a zero out!!

lili2929
1st Feb 2012, 04:42
Wizofoz, i think Farfalina was talking about the Cabin crew salary not the captain one !

farfallina
1st Feb 2012, 08:05
of course i was talking about flight attendants salary ,1700 us dollars

KANELA
5th Feb 2012, 11:28
Hello I had been called for interview for amir airline for fa and the conditions were:
Living in riyadh for the whole year
Around 2,000 dollars per month including allowances
Fleet has been said before no need to have license cos they train u
Destinations: libia,iran,...
Charter airline
Sharing villa accomodation, transport, medical
Leave: 1 month per year
Interview on skype
It doesn't sound very interesting, isn,t it

mutt
5th Feb 2012, 23:25
Living in riyadh for the whole year Riyadh??? Are you sure?:):)

Mutt

JoshiR
6th Feb 2012, 02:38
Any info on FO post. minimum requirements ?

zshollo
6th Feb 2012, 11:54
Kanela,
Its Jeddah!!! :)

KANELA
6th Feb 2012, 13:53
Hi guys,
I am not sure if riyadh or jeddah, sorry for the misunderstanding
Anyone joining there can share better their experiences.
Good luck

email4me
6th Feb 2012, 14:26
The base for this airline will be Jeddah operating Hajj Flights and it full time contract .

mutt
6th Feb 2012, 21:45
Hajj Flights and it full time contract Hajj only lasts 3 months of the year, what are you going to do for the other 9 months?

Mutt.

km5
7th Feb 2012, 12:17
Its looks like they give a full time contract

nightflyer767
8th Feb 2012, 15:07
rest of the year will be Umrah flights...

NG ExPat
2nd Mar 2012, 15:46
As of yesterday.....Emir is in the Tank! Sent all the Pilots that they had sitting in Amman home. Oh, and they hadn't been paid!!

sd1
3rd Mar 2012, 06:06
hi mutt,

Any latest update on Emir airlines?? I have seen a post from ngexpat- mentioning uncertainities on the airline even before it is launched??

sd1
3rd Mar 2012, 07:13
hi IHD,

wats latest on EMIR-- NGExpat has posted concerning news??:suspect:

hasonraj
8th Mar 2012, 18:33
still waiting for them to b recruited///ANy update?:ugh:

Fat Clemenza
9th Mar 2012, 21:58
alameerjets.com

How come they got the same name?

Had been in operation for a few years and out of Riyadh in 2010...:confused:
Doesn't look like they are very inspired already

frixer
12th Mar 2012, 12:41
Hello.

I haven't heard from them as well for a long time.
Have looked on websites for more information, but no info about aircrafts, registration numbers, etc.
If they were planning to start in february/march, and if they haven't started yet, what about the flight they were due to start.
Anyone knows if they are reqesting aircraft registrations of aircrafts under Saudi Arabia Aviation Authority?

If anyone who is in the gulf has more information about them, or what they are achieving, just write here in this post, or also people who applied and have been offered a job etc.

mutt
12th Mar 2012, 15:12
You cant rush bureaucracy........

Mutt

luvly jubbly
13th Mar 2012, 11:10
Pilots still unpaid

pigtail
13th Mar 2012, 16:02
@mutt.... you are so right its just bureaucracy bureaucracy

frixer
13th Mar 2012, 17:11
We have to keep waiting.
bureaucracy isn't always easy. Sometimes people or laws can make it difficult and very long..
Well hope that everything will go quickly and that Emir can start flying high

If it's true what NG ExPat and luvly jubbly say regarding the piltos not being paid, I feel sorry for them, but I'm sure that when things get better that they will get paid. (I hope)

frixer
13th Mar 2012, 17:14
There has also been a news on Sheorey Digital Systems Ltd. (http://www.sds.co.in/home.aspx)
"Emir Airlines LLC, (Jeddah) signes a contract for the entire suite of ARMS® V2"
Meaning that they are working to make planes flying, it's just legal things they have to wait for :(

Fat Clemenza
14th Mar 2012, 09:23
guys if it walks like a duck... how can anyone in his right mind expect anything positive from this not even launched airline with this attitude?

Blunt Driver
15th Mar 2012, 22:09
FAA / JAA/ICAO ATPL.
Minimum of 5000 hours total flying time
Minimum of 1000 hours PIC on type.
Current B767 rating
Current Class 1 Medical.
Last flight on the B767 must be within the last 6-12 months.
Last sim on the B767 must be within the last 6-12 months.
Extensive MNPS/ETOPS/CATIII experience.
FAA / JAA/ICAO ATPL.
No history of accidents or incidents.
No criminal records and non security restrictions.
Must hold a valid passport

Duration: 6 months with possible extensions.

Start date
Immediate
Duration
6 months with possible extensions.

We offer
Excellent Pay Rates.
Overtime and Per Diems.
Accommodation included.
Ground Transport to and from duty.
Free Personal Accident & Emergency Insurance.

BB:ok:

NG ExPat
22nd Mar 2012, 14:48
I can confirm that a former GMG B767-300 is currently in Miami for a C Check. I have also received correspondence from a couple of friends that received information from Emir stating that particular airplane is in Miami for a C Check and will subsequently be delivered to Emir within the next 2 weeks.

So perhaps there is some good news on the horizon for many of you who have been waiting. I certainly hope so, as I know several of you personally and I know you have been waiting quit a while for this to happen.

I have also been told that the two remaining GMG 767's are going to be headed to Miami as well. However, I have no idea where they might be going after that.

frixer
23rd Mar 2012, 13:40
That's good to hear, some positive news.
After the C check in MIA, assume that it will fly to KSA, but still have to wait for the licences and registration?

Hope this all goes well, and create a great new airline by also employing new people.

SCORP86
2nd Apr 2012, 08:38
any updatessssssss ?

the.special.one
4th Apr 2012, 09:39
hello guys
i heard that we will start the training in may
source cabin crew manager

frixer
7th Apr 2012, 20:39
Any news if the 767 is already in Jeddah?
Also good news to hear that training courses might start in May...
Any updates let us know.

the.special.one
9th Apr 2012, 12:29
yes i heard from our colleague in djeddah 767 is alreday in djeddah

frixer
9th Apr 2012, 20:41
Already with Emir colours and registration number or still GMG.
Anyone knows the configuration of that aircraft?

mutt
10th Apr 2012, 21:36
djeddah 767 is alreday in djeddah If it is, then they are hiding it well........

I got to taxi around every apron in Jeddah today, there were no strange 767 aircraft.

Mutt

the.special.one
11th Apr 2012, 03:10
thats what she told me our colleague in djeddah//////

mutt
11th Apr 2012, 07:54
She is wrong!

Mutt

Honest Fr@nk
11th Apr 2012, 08:31
Its still in miami on c check

the.special.one
11th Apr 2012, 09:45
im soory about that guys nd i hope we get an official information from them

m00
11th Apr 2012, 19:05
Hi guys this the first time I write about Amir but I heard something about it since two years the latest I met yesterday a girl was. Recruited for al Amir and as she said that the cabin crew will start soon there training in Amman, jordan and about the AOC not yet been done and there is no b767 strange or for Amir in Jeddah yet ,sorry but this is the latest?

frixer
12th Apr 2012, 15:54
Hi all.
Well there seems to be a little confusion. One says it has seen the 767 in JED the other one says it's still in MIA.. Well the C-checks do take some time, so probably it's still in MIA.
Well but anyone who can check via any system flight arrivals and/or departures even of ferry flights should be able to spot if there is any movement regarding this 767. If someone has any information, let us all know.
Anyone knows the reg.nr of this aircraft, and if they are changing the config.?
MM00, I didn't understand your message very well.

Keep the skies your limit ;)

the.special.one
13th Apr 2012, 09:00
would u plz explain more to us plz about what did u say

mutt
13th Apr 2012, 11:48
The aircraft is in USA doing a "C" check, it will then be delivered to Jeddah.

Tailnumber will change, most likely to HZ-xxx, so it will be difficult to track on Flightaware etc, but regardless of that, as history proved with Al-Wafeer, the aircraft will "most likely" remain grounded in Jeddah for a while as GACA carry out their "comprehensive" checks :\:\:\

Mutt

NG ExPat
17th Apr 2012, 13:42
The airplane is still in MIA, stripped of all painted except for the Tail, which still has the GMG Floral Print.

the.special.one
22nd Apr 2012, 11:58
any updatessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

piratepete
23rd Apr 2012, 23:48
Got the job offer.Uniform measurements submitted.Training will start soon.Two 767s to arrive next few weeks.Dont know status of AOC approval though.Big potential for growth this outfit, cheers.

frixer
25th Apr 2012, 10:27
Meaning that they are still recruiting?
Piratepete: Are you applying for cabin or flight deck?
Any updated information regarding contract, benefits, etc ...?

Honest Fr@nk
25th Apr 2012, 13:42
If they ever get the training approval and subsequent AOC from GACA then they will be hiring extensively. They have people waiting in the wings for the first couple of aircraft but they will need more as people drop out or aircraft come on line.

fruitninja2012
25th Apr 2012, 16:47
Hello guys,

There was an ad in a website from Emir airlines recruiting director of flight operations, director of flight training and director of maintainence.
The rumour is that an experienced 767 American Spanish speaking captain presently flying in and out of KSA has been interviewed for the director of ops position.

Any confirmation about this guy? And where does he comes from?

mutt
25th Apr 2012, 23:24
There was an ad in a website from Emir airlines recruiting director of flight operations, director of flight training and director of maintainence. all of these positions are filled with non-Spanish American people.

Mutt

fruitninja2012
26th Apr 2012, 05:02
Interesting, as I heard that news when I was at the 3rd floor at GACA building, and also heard that current management having difficulties with GACA, and AOC might take some additional time due to misunderstanding between the two parties.
On the other hand I heard that Dr P spent around 5m$ with no results, things arent so pretty there.
Still curious to know who is that guy that I heard about at GACA.

the.special.one
27th Apr 2012, 14:01
Air Aviation News- Saudi Arabian aviation regulator unveiled plans to award new airline licenses in September, Reuters reported.

Khalid al-Khaibary, the spokesman for General Authority for Civil Aviation (GACA) said that the aviation authority will grant airline licenses for the right operate both local and international flights.

14 companies applied for the licenses and the government had yet to decide on how many carriers it would authorize, he added.

National carrier Saudi Airlines (Saudia) and budget airline National Air Services (NAS) now serve a domestic market of around 27 million people.

Saudi Airlines enjoys subsidized prices on its fuel purchases, allowing it to offset the limits of the ticket cost ceiling set by GACA.

Private airlines like Sama Airlines struggled with their profit margins, due to the price ceiling on domestic flights. In 2010 Sama Airlines was forced to shut down.

so the kestion is our company between those companies or not??

mutt
27th Apr 2012, 14:23
For their sake, I hope they are not included as they will miss the Hajj traffic for 2012 and won't pick up Umra traffic until around Jan 2013..... Not a good combination.

Mutt

the.special.one
29th Apr 2012, 17:09
i have been told that the first wave of cabin crew contains 15 person who are their visas are ready but i dont know who are they :(

frixer
29th Apr 2012, 17:46
Hi all!
I also read about the airlines that are seeking a licence from GACA, who will issue them only in September. Hope that Emir Airlines is not part of it, and will be issued one very shortly, if not issued yet.
Any updates where the B767 is?
Regarding the Visas for Cabin Crew, hope that it's good news. If they have been issued already hope that it means that things are runing.

If any updates, whatever the news is, keep on posting.

the.special.one
29th Apr 2012, 17:49
yeah i can confirm my information and the training will start saturday with 15 cabin crew member

frixer
29th Apr 2012, 21:27
Dear special one.

So the first 15 cabin crew will start next saturday? 5th of May?
Where, in Jeddah???

the.special.one
29th Apr 2012, 21:41
what iam sure about is next saturday there are only 15 ccm have got visa to move to djeddah and they will start their training

sweet_is_here
30th Apr 2012, 06:30
the.special.one ..are you one of them in 15th crews those who got their visas as well??

the.special.one
30th Apr 2012, 08:28
unfortnuately no but i know two CCM of the list

sweet_is_here
30th Apr 2012, 15:00
Don't worry...same here..may be we will be in next list :)

the.special.one
30th Apr 2012, 16:05
we hope so :)))))

the.special.one
4th May 2012, 19:17
any updatessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sweet_is_here
5th May 2012, 09:16
Hey Dear special one check out your mail :-)

frixer
8th May 2012, 18:12
Hi!

Any updates?
Have the courses started already for Cabin Crew?

piratepete
9th May 2012, 03:27
Its all go now with EMIR.People are being issued visas etc to travel to JED to start work.........should be airborne in a few days....Pete

mutt
9th May 2012, 05:24
should be airborne in a few days Is that an "arabic" few days?

Where is the aircraft?

Mutt

frixer
10th May 2012, 09:48
It seems like training will start very soon.

Any news if the aircraft is still in Miami or already in JED?

SCORP86
10th May 2012, 22:22
Most of the cabin crew's got the visa . but unfortunately its a transit visa for 90 days ... if they are hiring people thy should give Employment visa rather giving transit visas. most of the crew have difficulties as they cannot get transit visa fror saudia because saudia have their own rules and regulations .:rolleyes:.

frixer
11th May 2012, 11:11
Why are they giving transit Visas? Are they with multiple entries?
I assume the crew will be based in JED, a transit Visa is normaly 24 hours, and if you're working as crew it shouldn't be the right Visa nto get in.
Are you sure it's a transit Visa?
Any information about when training starts?
Where is the aircraft?

mutt
11th May 2012, 12:22
I think he meant business visa not transit visa...... its the quickest visa to obtain, so its normal that companies bring people in on these visas then change them to residence visa's at a later stage.

Mutt

mikejet16
15th May 2012, 04:05
Emir Airlines is indeed based in Jeddah. They are equal to a USA 121 supplimental carrier. They are taking delivery of another wide body to the fleet. So far my experience has been all good, If this helps any. They are currently posting on Climbto350.com for many different positions. They will get back to you with 3 to 4 days once you posted to a position. HR person is Nadia. Lots of luck.

luvly jubbly
15th May 2012, 10:45
Have any of the guys who went out in February been paid yet?

the.special.one
19th May 2012, 05:45
sunday direction djeddah i have received my ticket

Honest Fr@nk
19th May 2012, 13:04
Thats good news. Well done.

flyhalf2
30th May 2012, 07:51
No approval yet! A/C still in USA! 6 Flight crew out there training, no money until approval!!!!

Anyone know anymore?

Freddy Forks
20th Jun 2012, 11:20
BEWARE

Just spoke with an old friend of mine who joined this lot in February 2012. He went to Amman to start training but was sent home after 1 month as they didnt have the approvals in place at the time. He was promised his salary for the month but never received it.

He was then recalled in May as he was told they had approvals and was promised his salary that was owed to him. In fact he was promised the salary for the months he was sat at home. When he got to Jeddah there was again no approvals and no salary for him.

He told me they had to share apartments with other pilots. After he sat the Saudi ATPL exam and AIP the pilots were ordered to go to the office and help out.

He was finally fired for enquiring whether he will be paid at the end of the month as he hadnt been paid for Feb. All the other office workers including pilots had not been paid since March.

They were asked for their passports but two of them refused as they had heard that some others in the office hadnt seen their passports for some months.

He said that pilots are being offered a commuting pattern but in order to entice them there but its not in the contract. It seems you wont be allowed home as the CEO thinks he owns you.

Blimey, I felt sorry for him having gone through a redundancy last year then this. He got his salary after being fired.

I guess I should thank my lucky stars to be employed by a decent employer.

I'd give this one a wide birth.

farmerbrown
9th Jul 2012, 16:26
Latest....pilots not paid...training stopped...second time in a week. Not good..can anyone confirm?

Freddy Forks
9th Jul 2012, 20:07
Confirmed.

codefly
10th Jul 2012, 02:24
heared the 767 is scheduled to arrive in Jeddah in 2 days on 12th and AOC issue on 20th this months. starting operation on same day... anybody can confirm?

farmerbrown
10th Jul 2012, 12:05
if training stopped and pilots not paid...airline will not fly.

mutt
10th Jul 2012, 15:38
if training stopped and pilots not paid...airline will not fly. Gotta disagree with you.... they will fly :):):) At some stage they will have jumped through all of the regulatory hoops....

Mutt

codefly
11th Jul 2012, 09:22
aoc got postponed.. so far to 11 august and operations in september...
whats going on there?

any informations about the emir aviation support service company which is owned by dr p and a main-jv partner of ea?

farmerbrown
11th Jul 2012, 18:43
They have run out of cash.

Cannot pay pilots.

How can they wait to Sept. to begin ops? Unless they can pay pilots, they will not fly. 1st group of pilots are TREs TRIs. they are not easy to replace.

They need cash injection now

codefly
12th Jul 2012, 06:18
according to gulfnews yesterday citing GACA, the AOC approval will be in september. Just 7 out of 14 applicants for AOC got shortlisted, names not mentioned.

here is the link gulfnews : Saudi shortlists 7 companies for new airline licence (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/saudi-shortlists-7-companies-for-new-airline-licence-1.1047204)

obviously they run out of money, but why no investor want to get in touch with these guys?

farmerbrown
20th Jul 2012, 15:19
Latest: pilots were paid but sim training has not started yet. Seems like management there is too busy infighting to see to it that things actually get up and running...shame because they were getting close

sevenfive
21st Jul 2012, 05:32
Well, some were paid. Not those who left for good reasons :mad:

kissybaba
10th Aug 2012, 10:42
any updates?

mutt
11th Aug 2012, 05:50
I'm pleased to report that they have a crew van painted in their colours :):)

Mutt

HeavyMetalJock
14th Aug 2012, 00:23
Not looking good

HeavyMetalJock
15th Aug 2012, 16:12
The ex GMG aircraft that was painted is being moved and the aircraft livery is now being removed or covered up

I will try to get pictures

kissybaba
15th Aug 2012, 16:34
Why what Happened?

mutt
15th Aug 2012, 16:49
HeavyMetalJock....

Is that the best you can do for your first post ?

Try answering these questions:

1: Did GACA reject their application?
2: Did the crews get paid?
3: Are the GACA offices open these days?

Mutt

sevenfive
16th Aug 2012, 21:48
...and one day everyone had gone home, the managers, the pilots, the cabincrew and all the other poor people who had still not been payed.

mutt
17th Aug 2012, 12:24
http://img.planespotters.net/photo/291000/original/N431LF-Emir-Airlines-Boeing-767-300_PlanespottersNet_291478.jpg

Is it real, or photoshop ???

Mutt

fade to grey
17th Aug 2012, 22:15
That photo is real but not up to date. I'd be surprised if they get off the ground now

RoyHudd
17th Aug 2012, 23:35
mutt, you spout rubbish. As a middle-east "expert" you should know better. Never trust the locals.

metro301
18th Aug 2012, 01:07

kissybaba
21st Aug 2012, 12:04
Maybe they will re-group after EID Holidays and try to pull this through.

kissybaba
28th Aug 2012, 14:00
Any news???

luvly jubbly
12th Sep 2012, 17:48
Any news from Emir?

desertopsguy
15th Sep 2012, 01:46
Emir Airlines, after considerable deliberation, have decided to change the name of the airline.

They will henceforth be known as 'Any-News Airlines' :}

adnan001
21st Sep 2012, 12:58
Are they hiring any aeronautical engineers .. ?
If yes , What would be their salary ?

zamaan
3rd Oct 2012, 13:14
Emir Airlines (http://www.ch-aviation.ch/portal/airline.php?airline=EMS) (Jeddah King Abdul Aziz (JED) (http://www.ch-aviation.ch/portal/airport.php?airportid=3827)) has leased a B757-200 (MSN 28484), ahead of its planned launch of charter services

desertopsguy
8th Oct 2012, 01:21
Airlines don't normally hire many aeronautical engineers unless it's for their performance dept and I can't see these guys opening that dept any time soon.

zamaan
8th Oct 2012, 19:46
what about their AOC??????

adnan001
27th Oct 2012, 17:37
What's the role of Flight Dispatcher in Emir Airlines ? and what would be the salary of FD .. ?

Early replies will be appreciated.

mutt
27th Oct 2012, 18:41
There are changes afoot at government level to change the structure of Saudi aviation in order to create a level playing field, it will be interesting to see if Emir can get their AOC issued before these changes take place.

Mutt

kissybaba
23rd Nov 2012, 16:19
Any news of late?

CBs in vicinity
22nd Dec 2012, 11:50
Now rebranded Al Amir Airlines. Probably trying to get rid of all the negatives glued to the Emir brand...

Anyone know more?

fade to grey
31st Dec 2012, 16:14
Interestingly the emir website has been revamped and seems to imply anything else is an imposter.
How can you be an imposter to a paper airline ?

A joke from start to finish

Honest Fr@nk
1st Jan 2013, 16:08
Take your pick:
Al AmirAirlines LLC (http://www.flyamir.com/index.html)
check out the photoshopped "A" on the AMIR logo taken from http://www.emirairlines.com/

Feel in Sky
12th Jan 2013, 02:53
Hi, guys. Has anyone heard about B-757 aircraft they plan to have for spring? I mean Emir Airlines.. :cool:

mutt
12th Jan 2013, 17:16
spring? Which year?

Mutt

Feel in Sky
12th Jan 2013, 22:04
2013 spring. 2 aircraft 757-200.

luvly jubbly
12th Jan 2013, 22:39
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

:D

Feel in Sky
13th Jan 2013, 03:33
Thanks for participating guys, it seems some people are still interested and have good sense of humor. Bravo! Being honest I'm positive about them. So..the spring is not so far, let's see :ok:

mutt
13th Jan 2013, 04:15
Feel in the sky, apart from the minibus driver...... do they have any employees left? When were they last paid? Where are their post holders? What are they called these days? Toooooo many questions.

Mutt

Feel in Sky
13th Jan 2013, 09:33
Mutt, I guess pilots got paid. I believe that you work or worked with them if you know details. And as I know they had some difficulties in beginning, but let me check with my friend he advised me to apply my CV because he does some broker things and has been working on those aircraft leasing process now.

Thanks again, guys. Will post if affirmative.:ok:

Feel in Sky
13th Jan 2013, 21:53
Affirmative. :ok::D

fade to grey
16th Jan 2013, 11:42
listen, you've been told . Are you blind ?
people went out there, they didn't get paid properly they came home .
this was a year back..

there is no airline, there is no aircraft. stop talkin s&it.

incidentally I'm starting an airline, called paper airways...

Feel in Sky
16th Jan 2013, 18:25
Fade to Grey, relax. you're really getting grey, pal :) Why it makes you so angry? :) wooww, I see... they had not taken you, right? It is OK, man. I would suggest you "do not stop" do apply for others, probably your experience is not enough , or I'm sure your previous company had given bad reference. :{ No wonder, such pilot is more dangerous that hijacker. Talk to hand man and do not be so jealous I will take one of the aircraft to the base .. ;) there is one more thing, but I would better keep it ... because I am professional :ok:

mutt
16th Jan 2013, 18:56
Feel in sky, rather than becoming insulting, you need to do a lot more research about this company.

Mutt

Feel in Sky
17th Jan 2013, 01:40
So, everything is cool, right? Good luck to everyone and clear sky with no CAT

fade to grey
17th Jan 2013, 10:13
Are you mad ?
Did I get turned down ....for an airline with no aircraft. Er , no, actually.
It's not an airline .
I'm cross because you are not listening .

However it's irrelevant as I imagine the closest you've come to an airliner is beating one off over flight international

Feel in Sky
17th Jan 2013, 14:13
I see some cool pilots left their excellent running airlines and joined just started one somewhere in 3rd world and unhappy for being paid…even with delay, as everything in KSA. Probably you had wrong expectations about KSA but I am sure you faced things go slowed down there. Do not they? Have you ever explored aviation development process? It is true that Emir has no aircraft operating yet. Do you splash around because of that?

Just FYI everything starts from being on paper first. Seems you can predict the future and identify potentially successful companies but I doubt. Just a short (free) excursion in aviation history from wiki:

American Airlines ( had 605 aircraft) –ceased in 2012
Spain Air (*29*) --- ceased in 2012
Malev (*22*) -- ceased operation in 2012
Cimber Sterling (*19*) – ceased in 2012
Wind Jet (*12*) - ceased in 2012
King Fisher (*11*) – ceased in 2012

I feel you have become grey now (joke). My dearest colleagues, for airline management one needs proper people, if a guy is unable to arrange visas let him clean the office maybe he is the best in that ;) it is not only about Emir. Sometimes, building up means re-building (just example) as Qatar had done. Source: Wikipedia. “it was re-launched in 1997, under a new management team”.
No one protected but just be patient until the spring and we will share our feelings about that. Emir has not started yet. Just wish me good luck is it so hard? :)
Peace be upon you, mates. :cool:

fade to grey
17th Jan 2013, 17:20
well , they did hand out a nice pen, much more important than getting planes flying.
I'm starting an airline next week, come join it.

level 6 English only, that rules you out feel I'm afraid.

Feel in Sky
18th Jan 2013, 00:14
What happened to Mutt, why you have deleted your long marvelous story, Mutt?
But it is OK, everyone has a choice.

Well, Fade to Grey, as I mentioned before an airline starts from idea and paper and pen and shall have strategy and many other things for successful implementation. One year is not a big deal for airline. The process is still running, even unseen by others.

I just want to wish to all of you good luck in an airline starting and hope you will be able to run it without using a pen but just by aircraft and proper guys who will do a good job, hopefully. But make sure you have a management team able to do that without re-building otherwise your airline name will be discussed here by "grateful staff". Thanks for invitation but I have already got the job with an advance payment. Clear sky to everyone. :ok:

Cheers

NG ExPat
18th Jan 2013, 00:48
Feel In Sky,

What freaking planet are you living on. American Airlines, with its 605 aircraft did not cease operations in 2012. They have continued to operate under the protection of the US Bankruptcy Law. Something that I am sure a germ like you is totally unaware of.

I was asked to recommend several pilots for employ at Emir a year ago. I have to regret that I encouraged anyone to apply. Everyone that I recommended got hired, but never got paid.

The 767 that was in MIA and was partially painted has now been stripped back down to total white. There is nothing, and I mean nothing coming in the direction of Emir, as there is nothing to work with.

Stop spouting your BS, and crawl back under the rock in the sand that you crawled out from under.

Feel in Sky
18th Jan 2013, 01:24
It was just an example of airline who have 605 aircraft but went in court under bankruptcy protection... means financial difficulties and economic issues. You want to compare such a large airline with Emir? Whatever..

However we are not discussing A&A, so enjoy your piece of .. Have you ever done anything from A to Z just started once? So, relax. whoever will pay for next aircraft painting will have them ready and done.

mutt
18th Jan 2013, 06:42
What happened to Mutt, why you have deleted your long marvelous story, Mutt? But it is OK, everyone has a choice. You are so right, everyone has a choice, we tried to give you a choice, you have chosen to believe that everyone who was involved in this project were wrong and you and your team are the saviours. Good Luck and enjoy yourself in Jeddah, my last suggestion to you is to read some books on tribal politics before you arrive.

Mutt

Feel in Sky
19th Jan 2013, 06:19
For God's sake, Mutt. I am not blaming anyone, my point is to make a choice which is given to everyone and not curse and offend others. If you faced some difficulties in the begging it is potentially accessible bc the airline is just trying to put a solid ground and trying its best. Shall we curse and back-word everyone who did not implement our dreams? I had been working for several airlines and some of them failed due to several reasons but what should I do, curse my managers and would I feel happy and recovered? I don't feel sorry for my destiny. I just go straight with faith and grateful feeling for everyone who have become even a small fragment in my life. I had learned good and bad things from each but kept both inside. May be we have different points of view but whoever has difficulties needs help but if we can not help them let us not hate them.

You are right, guys..everyone has a choice and I has made it. I wish you all the best in your career and life. God bless you all. Thanks for all advices given and shared so far.

adnan001
1st Feb 2013, 14:38
Can anybody tell me If I obtain a FAA Aircraft dispatcher license then Do I have to convert it into GACA if i wish to work in Saudi Arabia .?

mutt
4th Feb 2013, 16:46
It appears that the fat lady is singing...... :{:{:{:{

Mutt

CBs in vicinity
6th Feb 2013, 21:03
More details please Mutt :ok:

mutt
7th Feb 2013, 04:01
Rumour is that all staff sent home, airline closed as they were unable to sort out internal power struggle, guessing US$5-10 million gone down the drain.

Mutt

Feel in Sky
8th Feb 2013, 22:47
Free up some RAM it is full of unnecessary anger, Mutt :D I think the rumor is about other company

mutt
9th Feb 2013, 04:06
I think the rumor is about other company Unfortunately it's not a rumour, but a pure cold fact. To say anything different is a damn lie:ugh::ugh: You didn't listen when i told you to be aware of tribal differences.

Roll on Al Emir 2........

Mutt

Feel in Sky
9th Feb 2013, 10:30
Mutt, have you forgotten Emir is not Al Amir (see emirairlines.com) whatever there is, dude. Spring is comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing :) :cool:

mutt
9th Feb 2013, 14:20
but let me check with my friend he advised me to apply my CV because he does some broker things and has been working on those aircraft leasing process now.

Talk to hand man and do not be so jealous I will take one of the aircraft to the base .. there is one more thing, but I would better keep it ... because I am professional

It really sounds as if you haven't got a clue about setting up an airline. If you knew anything about whats going on here, you would understand the use of the name Al Amir, but hey, if you want to go to Jeddah without a salary and sit around while they "START AGAIN", good luck to you. :ok:

But a little bit of sympathy for those who have spent the last year working for this company and chasing their salaries wouldn't go amiss.

Mutt

Feel in Sky
10th Feb 2013, 09:31
Dear Mr. Mutt, I would call you Mr. Edward John Smith if you do not mind,bc you seat up there at the top and can see just what is visible or whatever is shown up to you, but do not forget about the bottom part of iceberg. Just let me remind you what happens when top of it gets melt down. I'm aware of current situation, but again do not mix up things. :ok:

mutt
10th Feb 2013, 12:37
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/Derekmeredith/Livius-Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

mutt

CBs in vicinity
12th Feb 2013, 17:01
Unfortunately we have a troll here. The good thing is it keeps the thread alive. Bad thing is Mr feel is not interesting as the views are just too much out of line...

I would like somebody to elaborate about the reasons for the two names Al Amir and Emir. What happened behind the curtains?

Mutt?

juanchito
26th Feb 2013, 02:51
hi all

I wonder what really happened with the airline Emir if anyone can clarify I am A & P Enginner and being implemented through Mr. Mario Fialho but any moment I did not have news about it and also sending the letter for visa work was delayed long-Finally the airline did not fly?

Thanks Good Luck

Sam787
4th Apr 2013, 11:07
This Airline Would Surely Fly...!

CBs in vicinity
10th Apr 2013, 14:05
Somebody here knows what has happened. We are eager to hear what you have to tell :ok:

Honest Fr@nk
12th Apr 2013, 16:16
Advertising for B767 Capts.

AviationJobs.Me Flight Crew (http://www.aviationjobs.me/)

mutt
13th Apr 2013, 06:25
How old is that advertisement?

Mutt

CBs in vicinity
1st Jul 2013, 08:09
This is what they write:

How Close is Emir Airlines in Securing its AOC?

- Commercial Registration (CR) for Emir Airlines has been issued.
- Our business plan has been approved by GACA.
- All post-holders have been approved by GACA.
- Our Manuals system has been accepted and the majority of the operational manuals has been approved by GACA.
- We have a strong operation team comprising: Flight Crew, Cabin Crew, B767/757 certified maintenance specialists, certified dispatchers, and airport operation staff. However, Cabin Crew and Flight Crew must undergo the required training both in house as well as at JATS (Jordan) before they are certified by GACA.
- Our initial fleet, two B757 and a B767, have been identified and discussions with the lessors/owners are underway for a 5-year term dry-lease.
- The timing of our AOC issuance entirely depends on GACA after we meet all their requirements. However, we are hopeful to make our inaugural flight before the end of 2013.

Who knows what is really going on in Jeddah?

too_much
20th Oct 2014, 06:15
Company and it's investors are in the process of taking over Dubai based Eastern Sky Jets, they plan to bring and operate the 767 & continue with ESJ's 5 737-400.