PDA

View Full Version : Qf BNE Int-Dom merger

poison pen
20th Jan 2012, 20:33
I have heard from a BAM South cousin that the merger is now looking at a roster change for all of Brisbane and the merger is on hold.

Scamp Damp
20th Jan 2012, 21:04
Riveting news :ugh:

SeldomFixit
21st Jan 2012, 06:57
No sheeties involved :E

SpannerTwister
21st Jan 2012, 23:29
"The Merger" was going full steam ahead until management (and I use the word loosely) realised that they would need to make decisions.

And that, as they say, was the end of that !

ST

Long Bay Mauler
22nd Jan 2012, 03:04
Probably waiting for the wash-up, post redundancy.

How many positions are going in BNE? I had heard 56 positions, but that was ages ago.

The Bungeyed Bandit
22nd Jan 2012, 03:43
Wow, 56 in BNE. They're talking 30 to 40 in SYD. Last rime redundacies went around didn't they have more guys putting their hand up in BNE than were on offer? Seems it's the other way around this time.

hewlett
22nd Jan 2012, 04:27
Threats to the 12/12 up there will get the dinosaurs stirred up. Give them the payout and let the youngsters determine the future.

screwstick
22nd Jan 2012, 08:32
Need to get supervision on side first Never going to happen !
They have been talking roster changes for years and cant agree on anything.
Require maintenance on demand . Unlikely to happen soon .
A lot of talk about VR . Cant operate Dom with less people .
Last meeting committee formed to a address issue . This will go on forever ........

dom butt monkey
23rd Jan 2012, 06:24
agree screwie,but i bet they can operate the dom with less people....once they get the supervison to change and do it as one not four....DBM

POT100
23rd Jan 2012, 11:18
I cant believe that in this day and age we have two separate operations for an airline maintenance ops at the same airport!!..unbelievable!!...and the company says Engineering is too expensive...Hmmm,wonder how they come to that conclusion??:ugh:..

dom butt monkey
25th Jan 2012, 09:07
why have we been moved and whats happened to my original thread....same topic....we should be back in aussie forum as we are talking about australian issues..... DBM

mutorcs
28th Jan 2012, 09:09
The International Bros need to take a reality check and realize that there is no work for them other than Domestic and if they don't like it then they should
Bu..er off and let the rest of us get on with running the Tarmac.

dom butt monkey
28th Jan 2012, 14:52
steady on mutorcs...the int bros come over to the dom and do a lot of work and go home when they are almost finished there shift...the dom boys have a lot more down time because of this so dont go to hard on them......if they went on to the 12/12 shift it MIGHT stuff up some DOM lurks so be careful:uhoh:....DBM

mutorcs
28th Jan 2012, 20:23
Yes they come over stuff around and then leave , sometimes finishing the job.or if their on the check a/c they won't even do that.Management need to do something or get rid of them , as the situation can't continue.

dom butt monkey
28th Jan 2012, 23:38
what port are you in mutorcs...as the int guys in bne always do their jets and mostly do more before they go home....and the dom guys are going soon after them.....the only time they may leave a bit of work for the dom boys is if they have been set up by a snr lame out to get them.....DBM :*

buttmonkey1
30th Jan 2012, 04:51
mutorcs is a bit out of touch there, generally the bne dom ramp is dead
when the international rescue is let go at 0230 for their 0300 end of shift.
at that time you could walk thru the office/smoko room firing a shotgun
and all you would hit might be a bigoted dmm or slame.
if you want management to do something, why not get them to check the
screening point card reader logs.

dom butt monkey
30th Jan 2012, 09:56
carefull buttmonkey......a stray pellet might hit a int lame signing up:E

the rim
30th Jan 2012, 10:00
or someone going for the whiteout.....:E

hewlett
31st Jan 2012, 09:07
mutorcs,
you are correct, very little work left on international ramps all round, due to management long term direction. That same direction may see the domestic boys looking for safety nets very soon. Int boys never gave two hoots what was happening over the fence, shame that didnt work both ways. Now everyones going to share the pain of mismanagement, best check that "reality" before directing your venom.

the rim
4th Feb 2012, 10:55
yes hewlett,the reality is no matter what happens the int people will be given the short end of the stick.......just ask any int blokes that have moved over there......the EAC get a better deal

dom butt monkey
4th Feb 2012, 10:59
Rim from what I know the int boys just want to keep their shift and a FAIR deal....not much I think....DBM

dom butt monkey
4th Feb 2012, 11:12
you have gone quite all of a sudden......are your typing fingers stuck together with whiteout :E.....DBM

halfback
6th Feb 2012, 21:50
Mutorcs,

Very original nom de plume you got there. Putting yourself right next door to the suna, where I think your head is lodged at the moment, cause methinks your full of tihs!!!! You really are a very sad individual.

Now be a good boy, get your fingers/nose out of the "whiteout pot", stop your bleating, stop your whining, stop your procrastinating, deflate your ego, let the Bne Int guys help you out with your "heavy" workload and just get the :mad: on with it and do what your paid for!!!!!

THAT, my friend, is the reality check!!!!!!! :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

hannibal lector
7th Feb 2012, 02:10
DBM, BM1, & the rim. Why don't the 3 of you get a room and consumate a Dom guy.
Moderator please shut this thread down as the only sign of intelligence coming from these 3 is the fact that they breathe. Other than that :{:{:{:{

buttmonkey1
7th Feb 2012, 02:26
great idea hanibal lector, care to make a booking
for the four of us? do you like the game where the
lights are turned off and someones left on floor
crying when they come back on?

dom butt monkey
7th Feb 2012, 02:48
steady on hannibal old chap a few comments were put forward about what happens at the dom nothing more ....but if you think the int guys are delt with fairly then you have made your mind up....but others on here have a different view :ugh:and lets face it that is what this forum is about,I am sure if "the whiteout" issue was the other way a lot more digging would have been done to find the person involed....DBM

hannibal lector
7th Feb 2012, 04:30
BM1, with a witty retort like that, it goes to show that i was right.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

the rim
7th Feb 2012, 08:52
hann....cool down why are WE at each others throats ...it should be easy all working together in a good relationship....but no ...a few want to be in charge and change the lifestyle of others...why ? because they can....we all should work together for a common goal.....lets pick out the best practice and run with it....hey wasnt that said in '93,and we are still no closer,sorry to say but the best thing to do is leave both sides as they are and let the int guys come over as they have done and do there work and go home at 0300 or there abouts.......BUT LETS MAKE IT FAIR..a fair go is all what is needed to make this work....and dont get on here now and tell me that the int guys dont do what is required of them on nightshift....just look at the data...

poison pen
9th Feb 2012, 10:11
Interesting times ahead for both camps. To say that the Int could be on a separate roster to the Dom is a possibility. BAM south 8 hour roster could be would also include BAM north on a 8 hour roster. Not sure how it would go!!!!!

Comments please

dom butt monkey
12th Feb 2012, 10:49
well rosters are being set up by the int roster guru...so you can be sure they will be extended hours but may contain bad news for both camps.....dont the bne management know what happens in the wee hours of the morning or are they just putting the blind eye to the telescope....dom ramp guys going to bed as the int guys sent to the shed before going home......GIVE THE INT GUYS A FAIR GO and we will get along....may be all fixed on thursday....."redundo dreaming"..... DBM

the rim
13th Feb 2012, 01:55
You should be called "dom boofhead monkey" thur's big deal will be half year figs and the tie up with MAS really going for the bottom now.......you really are dreaming if you think Redundo is going to be on this soon....I give it two years at least......The Rim

dom butt monkey
17th Feb 2012, 10:09
hey rim who's the boof now.....redundo's a plenty...for some..but the rosters might get second place now,as we will have to wait untill the dust clears,and see who's left.....maybe they will back fill from heavy into the 12/12 roster[dom] and leave int guys alone on there roster and things will go forward ......haha

SpannerTwister
21st Feb 2012, 13:21
Any news from BrisVegas yet, or just waiting for the 60-Day dust to settle like the rest of us ?

May the force be with you !

ST

dom butt monkey
22nd Feb 2012, 06:44
ALAEA notice just out ....line guys to lose 4 slots because of MOD there will be blood shed to see who gets the 4 slots and about 20 unhappy guys.... but me thinks this will be the first wave and some swaps will be done like in the past:)

the rim
26th Feb 2012, 08:33
well as it seems that the redundos are caused by MOD then its only going to be Dom LAME's who get it........lets see about that....the rim

dom butt monkey
26th Feb 2012, 08:40
rim you are right thats the way it will happen mate ....jobs lost at the DOM then its DOM guys who will be given the first choise....you know how it is DOM..1 INT 0 get with it.....DBM

SpannerTwister
26th Feb 2012, 09:31
The rumour we're hearing is that there is around 20 guys (total, international and domestic ?) who want to go, but according to QE there's only 4 scheduled for BNE (in total ?) ---at this time---.

How are they going to pick who goes, if I recall you had a heap of guys last time who wanted to go but in the end weren't aloud to go.

Any of those guys still there, still want to go, are they at the top of any priority list ?

ST

dom butt monkey
28th Feb 2012, 04:05
well it looks like it going to happen Gav has put out the notice and we have to email for our figures.......will be a few knives out to see who gets the FOUR slots....but if they stick to ALAEA policy ...."longest serving members first" should not be a problem.....yea right :E

lamem
29th Mar 2012, 09:21
here comes sniggie. Makes CNS happy but will bring all manner of pain to BNE. The merger will be pushed through now. Hang unto your hats.

buttmonkey1
31st Mar 2012, 17:38
more likely this sniggih character will have a bigger agenda, like usurping the mlmoq.
prepare for an onslaught of ignorance.

the rim
5th Apr 2012, 22:09
if this "thing that forms on top of a sore"thinks he can come down to bne and try his methods of stand over ,I think he is in for a surprise....he will hit a brick wall at the dom for sure

VRBNE
28th Apr 2012, 07:28
Hi Guys its been a while since i was last here and i was one of the last guys to just make it out before the door was closed in 2008 what a shame to see what is going on there now as there are some good guys at Int and Dom i do hope you guys can work it all out as i will have much interest watching things progress on my return to Brissy but this time i will be working on another red tail with a big V on it ;)

Clipped
15th May 2012, 09:32
Heard today that a Fat Man is in town to do some dirty work!

What's the goss from up there?

hewlett
15th May 2012, 10:40
Waiting for the BIG announcement to come down and throw some local content in with it. Maybe offer a tap on the shoulder to those that don't want to play by the new rules, then, walk into the boss's job as the "can do" guy.

lamem
15th May 2012, 21:42
I bet the local manager is looking over his shoulder. sNiggie won't be happy to be second best. He wants the top job. This is just an audition for him. BIT be very aware of what joy he may bring to your workplace.

poison pen
20th May 2012, 11:06
It seems that our cousins at BIT now want us to start at 0430 to address early morning tarmac. In your dreams.

lamem
21st May 2012, 02:57
And still the DMM's and others contiinue to engage with sniggie and provide him with information to assist his agenda. If either end think they will be left alone they are dreaming. If you need proof talk to someone in CNS or TSV.

the rim
21st May 2012, 11:37
guess WHAT the dom guys work TILL 0600.....gee so why all the fuss about getting the int guys to start early ......come on get with the merger you di%khead....the rim:E

Elton Jon
27th May 2012, 07:42
It's easy to see the car salesman working for management trying to use the Dom Brothers to take out the International boys.

If they get their joint vote I don't feel too good voting for the destiny of the International Red team purely by the numbers game. 90 of us v 40 of them. Its an old trick and they are spending a lot of time trying to sell us the steak knives and ab roller. I think we should both vote independently and if the results line up, so be it.

The International lads are the ones going from a DDDN to a DDNN. They can keep their 4:30 starts which can already be instigated using the 'operational' needs clause. I have no desire of driving north at 4:30pm

Also where's the roster? 4:30am Volunteers http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/icons/laugh.gif or just discrimination http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/icons/46.gif We've seen how some of our impartial supervisors treat the Red team. Some deserve it, most don't and are happy to do there national service at Dom north.

When have we been able to trust this management? SP could tell us. I'm not going to start now just to take down the Red team at Dom south. It's a NO vote from me. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/infopop/icons/icon13.gif

hewlett
27th May 2012, 10:35
Elton, its good to see there is still some integrity left amongst our ranks. Hard to find these days.:D

buttmonkey1
27th May 2012, 21:32
vote early
vote often
vote NO

if this gets up, the existing domestic roster agreement is gone.
hello, welcome to a future of start time changes and roster jiggling
to make whatever ****e plans work.
have a look what a dogs breakfast the international roster is now.

the rim
28th May 2012, 12:18
wake up....the only reason 0430 starts are there is so the vote is to be taken by ALL members and the management think the Dom will roll the Int by the numbers.....but the mail I am getting that may not be the case....but there still is a strong push from the Dom to get the Int onto there DDNN roster....share the pain....the Rim......."but its the only roster tabled"

buttmonkey1
28th May 2012, 13:06
yes rim, wise words.
should cut the dom o/t a lot too,
did they want to vote for that?

dom butt monkey
28th May 2012, 13:24
a lot of hidden and unseen dangers in the vote....like you say the o/t will be gone and some rely on that,and there will be 10 more guys in each shift and that alone may change the way things are done by each shift....maybe a good thing....and where will we all sit......like "the rim" said whats the need for 0430 start as we will have plenty of numbers on till 0600....I think it will fail...so whats next...DBM