PDA

View Full Version : Eurofly Airbus A330 damaged in incident at Zanzibar Airport

bluesideoops
20th Jan 2012, 16:32
Eurofly Airbus A330-200 had winglet severely damaged (now removed) by Precision Air ATR 5H-PWC which was taxiing at the time. The tailfin of the ATR impacted the right-hand wingtip of the Eurofly Airbus. It is not known whether the ATR received bad marshalling instruction which led to the collision. The parking situation in Zanzibar has been extremely chaotic in recent times, especially when large aircraft like Boeing 767 and Airbus 330's are on the ramp and industry sources suggest that this was just an accident waiting to happen. The matter will now be investigated by the Tanzanian Civil Aviation Authority.

Topspotter
20th Jan 2012, 17:05
No big deal, dispatch can be granted IAW the CDL

Flightmech
20th Jan 2012, 17:29
Yeah, because you would know that there was no other damage that would stop it being despatched per the CDL wouldn't you:ugh:

Topspotter
20th Jan 2012, 17:56
As the OP stated the damage was to the winglet and not to the wing then the CDL permits release.

Suggest you carry on with your studies and you might end up a flt eng as opposed to a flt mech;)

one post only!
20th Jan 2012, 18:15
Oh well thats ok then, at least it doesn't need investigating to prevent a further more serious incident from happening. Just pick up the bits and carry on......

Topspotter
20th Jan 2012, 18:20
Im sure the type rated licenced engineer concerned will ensure all is iaw with the SRM AMM before the "release to service" is signed :suspect:

Cloud1
20th Jan 2012, 20:28
Ermm there are other smilies you can use guys - jeez

Flightmech
20th Jan 2012, 21:27
Of course they would Topspotter (we're all off to suck eggs now) It's just your flippant "no big deal despatch can be granted IAW the CDL" reply to the OP. Ever heard of secondary and tertiary damage? Just because it hit the winglet (that can be removed) it doesn't necessarily make it good to go.

I don't understand your last comment either, even with a smilie. It's just a username? Am i to assume your just a spotter from yours then? Sounds like you're a wanabee eng:E

Topspotter
21st Jan 2012, 11:39
Thats what you overpaid engineers are for... to make sure its good to go.

Wannabe eng?? ... i think not, the thought of lying under some engine in the pissin rain at daft oclock in the morning with every man and his dog wanting it fixed a hour ago is not a tempting one im afraid, besides im no where near clever enough to pass all those techie exams you have to do:confused:

Groundloop
23rd Jan 2012, 08:44
besides im no where near clever enough to pass all those techie exams you have to do

But you are obviously clever enought to say that it is no big deal! The words "foot" "shot" and "myself" come to mind.