PDA

View Full Version : Single pilot IR renewal

ATP_Al
20th Jan 2012, 14:34
I have an ATPL and a current multi pilot multi engine type rating and IR. My single pilot multi engine ir expired in november 06. I'd like to renew my SE IR.

Please can someone shed any light on what I have to do? Lasors isn't very clear, I have asked the caa but they just told me to read lasors!

My interpretation of lasors was that an ir(a) is one rating when it comes to the 5 and 7 year rules for re-doing flight tests and exams, but the single and multi pilot priveledges must be revalidated separately. So as I hold a current mp me ir, I can go and take an sp SE ir renewal with any irr examiner without any extra training. Is this correct?

S-Works
20th Jan 2012, 15:31
In a nutshell yes.

BEagle
21st Jan 2012, 08:31
bose-x, you know more about these things than I do, so could you confirm that a private owner needing to revalidate or renew a ME/SPA Type Rating and IR may do so with a TRE/IRE in a single flight - and that the flight doesn't need to be under the auspices of a TRTO.

ifitaintboeing
21st Jan 2012, 08:43
Correct. Standards Doc 14. It would be a CRE/IRR or CRE/IRE you want for a ME/SPA Class Rating and TRE/IRE for ME/SPA Type Rating.

BRgds,

ifitaint

BEagle
21st Jan 2012, 09:48
TVM, ifitaint!

S-Works
21st Jan 2012, 09:52
Beaten to it by ifitaintboeing!

18greens
29th Jan 2012, 16:35
Can I ask a variation of this question.

If your SPMEIR has lapsed more than 5 years (on the 1 jan 2009 for example ) but you did a Single engine IR renewal on 30 june 2008. Given that your SE IR hasn't lapsed more than 5 years can you renew your SPMEIR with a flight test with the local examiner or will you be expected to redo the Ground exams and retake an initial test with the CAA because the MEIR has been lapsed over 7 years?

S-Works
29th Jan 2012, 17:18
Yes you can.

bingofuel
29th Jan 2012, 18:38
Just to add to the above, to renew MEP rating after 5 years I believe you have to do the MEP written exam at the FTO and submit your licence (plus fee) to the CAA as the examiner cannot sign it up , it has to be reissued by the CAA.

Now whether you can renew a SPA ME IR without a valid MEP, I don't know but suspect not

S-Works
29th Jan 2012, 18:53
The MEP written test is a real no brainer and I would not get yourself worried about doing that. After 5 years you will need a brush up before test anyway.

The key thing is the fact that you won't need to repeat truing for the IR. In fact holding any IR keeps the clock current as far the exams and training are concerned.

lasseb
30th Jan 2012, 11:04
Have I misunderstood the question, or is this a UK rule??

Under JAA, if you have a (valid) ME/IR, you automatically have a SE/IR. So the only issues is if you SEP is valid.

BillieBob
30th Jan 2012, 11:07
Lasseb - The issue is that it is a multi-pilot MEIR