PDA

View Full Version : Med Discharge

occhips
19th Jan 2012, 20:51
Been told today by my deskie that my med discharge is in the post. Having survived 21 years service in the finest airforce in the World, i have a couple of exam questions for the resident masses on PPRUNE.

What are the pitfalls and p!! traps to look out for?

Did anyone get help from the RBL etc with the process?

Sad to be leaving of course, but can't help thinking it's the right time and that i should not be malingering in the RAF.

Herc-u-lease
19th Jan 2012, 22:50
chips, check PMs

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
19th Jan 2012, 23:35
There is a crew room assumption that a Medical Pension is tax free, but this is not always the case.

It also depends on whether you are being dealt with by the War Pension Scheme (pre Apr 2005) or the AFCS (post Apr 2005)

There is also the problem of :-
SIP (Service Invaliding Pension) or
SAP (Service Attributable Pension)

Echo 5
20th Jan 2012, 18:27
occhips,

The info below may be of some help. All names have been changed or deleted to protect the innocent. ;)

Dear Echo 5

Thank you for your recent email about service pension.

I can confirm that service pension enquiries are dealt with by the Pensions Division Department which is a department within the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency.

Your enquiry has therefore been referred to the Joint Personnel Administration Centre (JPAC) for their continued action.

Any further enquiries should be directed to the Pensions Division. Their contact details are shown below:

JPAC

Pensions Division

Mail Point 480

Kentigern House

65 Brown St

Glasgow

G2 8EX

Telephone 0800 085 3600

Overseas Telephone: +44 141 224 3600

I am sorry I cannot be of any further help.

Yours sincerely,

A.N. Other

Service Personnel & Veterans Agency

Helpline Rm 6202

Tomlinson House

Norcross

Thornton Cleveleys

Lancs

FY2 3WP

Freephone: 0800 169 22 77

Overseas: +44 1253 866043

Textphone: 0800 169 34 58

[email protected]

Veterans-UK (http://www.veterans-uk.info)

Good luck.

E5

Pontius Navigator
20th Jan 2012, 19:10
Contact RBL. They will appoint a case officer. The CO will contact the appropriate agencies and ensure you are sent the correct paperwork.

Essentially they provide a hand holding service. Any time you feel the process is becoming too difficult you can go back to them as they are totally impartial (on your side).

Ramp Monkey
22nd Jan 2012, 21:50
Check out the SPVA web pages theres specific fast track and priority treatment for you if you still need it , dig around its all in there. I don't know if he's still there But Mr James Bond ( gen) was the man to contact at RBL . get a full copy of med records and if need be a solicitor , Tean Butcher at wilkman Chapman Lin's is ****tus hottus . PM me if you need more info

Voxpop
22nd Jan 2012, 22:12
RBL are the experts on attributable injuries and attributable benefits. If your condition is not an attributable one, and you are a member of the Forces Pension Society, we are here to help you negotiate the rules and the pitfalls.

Stan Laver
23rd Jan 2012, 08:31
Check PMs.