PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Info on bring my car and doggie to Doha

YFlex
18th Jan 2012, 13:26
Hello All,

Can anyone (who has done this)
Offer any insight with the logistics on bringing my car and dog to Doha?

Appreciate any information on the most economical method of shipping my car and customs requirements.

As for the Pooch,
Has anyone had their dogs in "The Hold" for 15hours?

Cheers,
Flex

Capt Krunch
19th Jan 2012, 04:08
YFlex

Just me personal opinion.

dont bring your car here, you will be wasting your time. it is far to easy to buy a car here. no money down and easy payments.

as for your pet.. people bring animals all the time.. best bet would be send it on KLM. they take good care of animals from start to finish.. one of the best in the world. the holding facility in AMS is better than some hospital facilities i've seen around the world.

Bring the pooch but leave the car behind mate.. seriously.

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

360BakTrak
19th Jan 2012, 14:22
I agree! But if its a dog that lives outdoors, consider the summer temperatures here...............

YFlex
19th Jan 2012, 18:39
Thanks for the advice!
Indoor only Pocket doggie so he'll fit right in :)

Shame about the car...looks like i'll have to take the loss :{
Flex

40&80
20th Jan 2012, 11:17
And several other loses also.

Dubaian
22nd Jan 2012, 07:53
It's perfectly feasible to import your car from UAE or other Middle East states. And prices here are higher than for example in Dubai so it's worth doing.
Dunno from where you are planning on bringing it? A 15 hour trip in the hold certainly isn't local.
Has to be max 5 years old and if it's not GCC specs you might have troubles trying to get it tested and registered..

perritopiloto
22nd Jan 2012, 10:22
Hi
What about a medium dog?. Boxer 40 kgs
Are they allowed in compounds?

YFlex
22nd Jan 2012, 11:14
Boxers are on the "banned "lists of dogs into Qatar :(

Car is 1year old and Paid off
I "was
I "was" going to ship it from North America "if" feasible

Flex

perritopiloto
22nd Jan 2012, 11:27
Banned? Whoow!
One of the best dogs, best for kids.

Sad I can't bring him into Doha

YFlex
22nd Jan 2012, 12:33
Yeah Sorry,
But double check
There is a list of doggies that are "not allowed" into Qatar
Boxers, Terriers and most large doggies are not permitted

Flex

Desertweasel
23rd Jan 2012, 10:25
the US is one of the places where it is cheaper to import cars from, there are many cars brought here all the time both newish ones and classics.
Personally I would get a freight forwarder to handle both ends of the transaction and send it roro from the East coast or Texas, (I am shipping a classic from Florida) costs are around $1200 doallars roro and 1600 as part of a shared container. You will have to pay import tax and handling costs as well as this but hey are not extortionate.
You may have to change some components for GCC spec but this seems to be totally flexible and does not apply to classics.

Advantage of the container is you can add other stuff to the shipment you cannot do this on roro even to the point of not being able to ship a spare wheel.
Most US brands have spares outlets here but prices are high and you may find yourself using fedex to get parts shipped if your car was not imported originally.

YFlex
24th Jan 2012, 15:34
Cheers :ok: