PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Security

Lantern10
18th Jan 2012, 03:47
Thai-ASEAN News Network - High Ranking Customs Official Physically Abuses Airport Security (http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1051465)

C8

Like to see him try that at a real airport

No_Speed_Restriction
18th Jan 2012, 05:30
Dont agree. If you look really close at the grainy video you will see that they obviously know each other and are just having a laugh.....next!

Sqwak7700
18th Jan 2012, 05:40
Not really, you need to look closer. Why would the other employee, the female, get involved in trying to diffuse the situation. You can even see her ask the young man if he is OK after.

Regardless how you feel about security, totally inappropriate behavior. But not at all surprising in Thailand.

B737NG
18th Jan 2012, 06:09
Welcome to Asia..... that is reality and any Official behaives like the "King of China"

Will Hung
18th Jan 2012, 07:25
How Asian is that !

NOTHING more important than 'Face'

Keep smiling !

ZFT
18th Jan 2012, 07:42
Dont agree. If you look really close at the grainy video you will see that they obviously know each other and are just having a laugh.....next!

As the security guard received a ruptured ear drum, not such a laugh. The customs official involved has now been suspended.

cwatters
18th Jan 2012, 08:40
At one point it looks like the passenger/customs official is waving an ID badge on his chest as if to say.."Can't you see who I am?"

Some more details..

Bangkok Post : Customs official probed after assault at airport security (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crimes/274736/customs-official-probed-after-assault-at-airport-security)

oldpax
18th Jan 2012, 10:15
The official obviously had"great power"and could do what he wanted,probably will never get punished but might come back with a gun and shoot the security man for getting him into trouble.You dont think so?Happens all the time here in Thailand !!

ZFT
18th Jan 2012, 11:37
...and unbelievably if you are a sitting MP you get immunity. Happened last week when an opposition MP allegedly shot and killed an opponent in front of witnesses.

He is still walking about!!

Having had a contract taken out on me a couple of years ago, one is very aware of the potential for disaster here.

radeng
18th Jan 2012, 11:37
When imerely transited Bangkok, security were full of daft questions - about my insulin.

'Why are you carrying insulin?'
'Why do you take insulin?'
'How much have you got?'
'How much do you take?' - when told it varied depending on blood sugar, he was puzzled!
'When do you take it?
'Why have you got so much?
'What flight did you come in on?'
'What flight are you leaving on?'

Finally, he took the passport number......

I could understand it if one wasn't in transit......

No_Speed_Restriction
18th Jan 2012, 13:19
Not really, you need to look closer

Look at/from 00:23 seconds into the clip. To me it seems like light banter. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Hotel Tango
18th Jan 2012, 14:33
Look at the rest of the clip and you will see that you are wrong. The security guy is clearly struck quite hard by both hands (0:28) and, as already pointed out, the female security lady tries to defuse the situation and at the end clearly asks her colleague if he's ok. Furthermore, the customs official's colleagues distract him and lead him away.

I see that in your profile you say that you like flying with your eyes shut.....:E

Rush2112
19th Jan 2012, 01:21
The official obviously had"great power"and could do what he wanted,probably will never get punished but might come back with a gun and shoot the security man for getting him into trouble.You dont think so?Happens all the time here in Thailand !!

Yep, that's my guess for "what happened next". Poor guy is on borrowed time.

crewmeal
19th Jan 2012, 06:03
I'm not sure if this scam is still going on and what security are doing about it, but I would be put off flying through BKK on my way to Australia/UK

BBC News - Tourists warned of Thailand airport scam (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8154497.stm)

No_Speed_Restriction
19th Jan 2012, 06:43
I see that in your profile you say that you like flying with your eyes shut

Indeed I do, I have a HUD built into my inner eye lids. :E