PDA

View Full Version : Vistajet? Latest news, anyone?!

Pages : [1] 2

Findigenous
17th Jan 2012, 19:19
Hello fellas!

Noticed Vistajet is currently looking for F/Os for the Learjet 60s, 604s and 850s. Now I've read all the threads on Vista here, and I have to say I'm not very impressed...

My company has many of Vista's issues, maybe not quite as bad, but still. I have now applied to Vista with some reservations, we'll see what happens. I'm an F/O typed in the Lear 60/XR as well as the 604/605.

Does anyone hold any information on this latest hiring quest for FOs, as well as their payscale? Have things improved at Vista? Noticed the last badmouthing thread on the company was months old :)

CaptainProp
17th Jan 2012, 20:53
....I have to say I'm not very impressed...

My company has many of Vista's issues, maybe not quite as bad, but still.

....and you still applied?

Empty Cruise
17th Jan 2012, 22:44
Joined recently, so fresh eyes on the matter.

Appears to have made a big turn-around. Dish-washing in he bog is gone, as are some of the other practices menioned in previous threads.

V organised when you join, all docs, ID, logins, cc and uniform sorted from 1st week, and good comms wih new joiners. Their documentation and precedures seem up to scratch with what you'd expect to find in a medium-sized airline.

Management team seem like they know where they want to go with the project - but that could all be more $h.. than shinola....

So far fairly impressed, but again, against a background of those previous posts. However, does not seem to be the kind of outfit that takes people onboard if they are no comitted to the "cause", so if you have doubts, i's probably beter to stay clear...

Flying Mechanic
18th Jan 2012, 07:05
Heard they are hiring for the hong kong base on the C850 , 80 k per month plus 20 k housing, 6 weeks on, 2 off , business class tickets for commute.

Klimax
18th Jan 2012, 08:04
FM, obvously thats the FO package? Whats the Captains package at, anyone knows?

Flying Mechanic
18th Jan 2012, 08:20
It's 160 k a month, same schedule. There looking at month on/off when the 550 and Globals arrive. 10 k a month Extra if u are tre/ire.

Klimax
18th Jan 2012, 08:52
FM,

Interesting enough. Do you know the registration they will be operating on? HK?

Cheers

drag king
18th Jan 2012, 08:59
Heard they are hiring for the hong kong base on the C850 , 80 k per month plus 20 k housing, 6 weeks on, 2 off , business class tickets for commute.

Interesting. Comparing yours with some recent notes and info on the www, I take that would be a VERY bitter pill to swallow for the others left on 17/13, lower salaries, no housing and eco-class when positioning. Are you sure it's the same company we are talking about?

DK :rolleyes:

Findigenous
18th Jan 2012, 11:20
... because I cannot form an opinion about any company based on a few bitter ex-employees without knowing the cause for their leaving or dismissal? In this business especially, you hear wild rumours every single day, and you can never know whether they're for real.

I'm simply looking for some valid information from pilots or others who KNOW what is happening there right now. And I would really appreciate any such information, thank you!

pma 32dd
18th Jan 2012, 18:18
Bit more movement than netjets then

Luggage
18th Jan 2012, 19:42
Is hiring F.O for CL850/605, Lear 60, starting on 39K, 6 months later 43k Lear, 45k CL850, 47K BD700 and all get 2% increase per annum.

I spoke to an Italian pilot flying in Europe now recently got interviewed said they are doing the 17/13 roster, leave taken out of your 13 days of, choice of 28 bases in EU

Currently have approx 30 aircraft and will have 60 plus aircraft by 2015. All travel for positioning is economy class, no 5 star hotels and Im not sure what he said about per diems, cant say whether they pay them or not.

There is a South African flight ops manager who gives you a presentation, then technical, SIM, followed by face to face interview lasting approximately 45 minutes to an hour which includes more technical questions and basically ask what you are looking for as well as some HR questions and scenarios with infighting crew, illegal operations, CRM, MCC... YOU GET THE POINT!!

Apparently quite a nice bunch of people basically interview and assess you.

Hope this helps:ok:

Findigenous
18th Jan 2012, 23:06
Good information, thanks for taking the time to share it!

Flying Mechanic
19th Jan 2012, 16:23
Luggage.....funny u mention illegal operations, Vistajet opeartions are totally illegal in Hong Kong, ie doing charters out of HK into China/Taiwan/Thailand to name a few. They are lucky the HK CAD is too overworked.

Preacher_Av
20th Jan 2012, 10:25
illegal operations
Luggage.....funny u mention illegal operations, Vistajet opeartions are totally illegal in Hong Kong, ie doing charters out of HK into China/Taiwan/Thailand to name a few. They are lucky the HK CAD is too overworked.

what do you mean with illegal. I believe they are established in HK for some time now so should have what's needed to perform legally. I thought they were doing some flights with low hour captains but these are just rumours.

punk666
20th Jan 2012, 17:41
I take it they're only hiring TR bods as I fit the hour requirements stated but been turned down due to no suitable vacancies fitting my profile:ugh:

Luggage
20th Jan 2012, 17:48
is hiring from type and non type rated. Pilot I spoke to said nobody was type rated when he was interviewed very recently except one guy and he was going for DEC.

I have a feeling they are more interested in whether you 'fit in' so to speak as corporate and those rotations of 17/13 differ greatly to airlines and as a 3 man crew on the road, you need to gel well.

Looking to double the fleet over the next 3 to 4 years, so keep applying. Good luck:ok:

leroyyau
24th Jan 2012, 18:52
Hey guys, you are talking about the illegal operations of vistajet in Hong Kong. Do you guys have any source from CAD or news? I am having interview with it this week. Not pilot, charter executive most likely.

Preacher_Av
26th Jan 2012, 11:48
Maybe a reason for them not being Argus Platinum rated any longer...:ouch:

RedTree
26th Jan 2012, 12:54
@ Preacher_Av. Wrong. VistaJet are still Argus Platinum approved.

Iver
28th Jan 2012, 17:19
I have noticed that VistaJet have dumped the Lear 40 and Challenger 300 from their fleet. I also noticed that VistaJet have ordered the Lear 85.

A few questions that have probably already been answered:

1. How is fleet selection determined if the applicant does not have time on any of the current fleet aircraft (L60XR, CL605, CL850 and Global) and you meet the hours requirements for all? Is it purely need at the time? Obviously, salary difference between the L60XR and Global for a new FO is pretty big for some. How likely could a newhire be placed in a Global when existing/internal pilots on the Lear want the same position?

2. Is there a seat lock once your are hired and trained? So, if you start on the Lear 60XR as an FO, how soon before you could "bid" or request FO on the CL605/Global? Or would you likely switch to the LHS on the L60XR?

3. Although I do not fly for NJE, I know many who were furloughed. Do VistaJet hired furloughed NJE pilots or is that not considered appropriate (poach competing pilots who could eventually be recalled to NJE)?

4. How are the CL850s in terms of operating performance? They must offer long-range tanks because I knew some CRJ pilots who flew them for Flybe when they had them and they thought they operated like dogs - especially in the summer. I assume the CL850s at VistaJet have been modified to perform better than the airliner version - no? The cabin certainly looks nice.

5. Lastly, I realise VistaJet offer 28-30 pilot domiciles throughout Europe. Is there preference given to pilots who are more accessible in the major hub cities? Would living in London be preferred vs. living in more remote location?

Cheers (PMs also welcome)

Globally Challenged
28th Jan 2012, 17:36
I doubt any 'furloughed' NJE crew are at Vista.

Furloughing is a more American concept and the voluntary options available to NJE crew preclude working for direct competitors unless you have taken a redundancy package at which point you are free to join anyone but then have no links whatsoever to NJE with no risk of recall.

CaptainProp
28th Jan 2012, 18:04
Iver - 4. Yes, the CL850 is a bit of a dog and often you end up stuck in all the weather around FL330-340. No, they are not modified more than other CL850s as far as performance goes.

Iver
28th Jan 2012, 23:00
Another question to add to my original questions:

- What types of pilots do VistaJet typically hire (specific profile)? Do they favor pilots with VIP corporate experience? I assume having time and experience on type is helpful. Do they also hire airline and military pilots or do they tend to hire pilots with specific bizjet experience more?

CaptainProp
28th Jan 2012, 23:48
They are hiring pilots with very mixed backgrounds.

WX Man
30th Jan 2012, 15:53
When you say, "mixed backgrounds", do you mean an assortment of FI's looking to move to something bigger, disgruntled EZY and RYR guys, TP chaps looking for their first jet, etc?

I notice their application form basically doesn't send if you have "0" in the "Jet" column.

WX

Preacher_Av
30th Jan 2012, 17:10
RedTree, check the ARGUS site if you have access and look for the official list... downgraded to gold.. that leaves question marks.

CaptainProp
31st Jan 2012, 09:54
Yes, mixed background. This is how it used to be at least. Perhaps they are able to find enough jet experienced guys these days but I doubt it.

RedTree
1st Feb 2012, 10:49
Preacher_Av, please find below a link which should put VistaJet's platunum rating beyond doubt.

Working for VistaJet myself, I can assure you this information is correct.

CHEQ Operator Registry (http://www.aviationresearch.com/ProductsServices/CHEQ/OperatorRegistry.aspx)

DutchDutch
4th Feb 2012, 03:46
Could somebody verify the 28 bases you can choose from as mentioned by: 'luggage'. If somebody can tell me where I can find those bases, I would appreciate it!

Thank you!:ok:

Empty Cruise
7th Feb 2012, 17:07
DutchDutch,

You can safely ignore Preacher_AV and Flyingmechanic, no base for either rumour :ugh:

There are no "bases" per se, you suggest a gateway and see if it gets accepted. If not, you find a compromise - main factor being a good internatinal network. In your case, you may prefer GRO, but would probably, given the right job offer, settle for AMS ;)

Cloud Chaser
9th Feb 2012, 11:33
Is anyone able to answer questions 1 and 2 in post #20 regarding initial fleet postings and internal fleet transfers/promotions?
I was curious about that as well.

Also looking at the figures on ppjn, starting salaries seem on the low side, although I note a previous post mentioned an increase after six months.
I was wondering does everyone start on the lowest scale, or does previous experience influence starting salary?

And a related question, again on ppjn, there is a range of per diems, what determines which rate is paid?

Klimax
16th Feb 2012, 13:34
Take the opportunity to go try biz Jet and compare yourself. You can most likely Always go back to being a hamster on the boring airline hamster wheel.

Pros and cons in both. Getting up at 4 to do regular charters.. F@ck me, no thanks.. On the other hand flying the airliners is so much easier, but equally less fun, in my opinion.

Good luck

CaptainProp
16th Feb 2012, 13:35
Well, if you are unemployed its a no brainer, take the full time position... Go for CL605 if you can chose as this is probably a better rating than CL850 should you lose your job.

russian81
17th Feb 2012, 13:14
Is there anyone who can give some information regarding the recruitment process? I have heard that it will be some telephone interview at first stage and after that you will have another interview?
As mentioned earlier in this thread, if you are hired on the Lear, what is the chances to move on to another type?

Thanks!

Propellerpilot
17th Feb 2012, 15:47
Rumour has it, that they fired a whole bunch of Lear60 Pilots mid 2011... (source:pprune).

xreime
18th Feb 2012, 13:04
This rumor is not true:=

russian81
18th Feb 2012, 14:40
I have heard that they are recruiting at the moment.

fli777
20th Feb 2012, 08:11
Does anybody know if Vistajet email you with an acknowledgement after you apply online? They are currently accepting applications....

littco
20th Feb 2012, 08:58
Yes, I got an email saying that my application had met the requirements and was being progressed to the line manager for further action. Took about a week though.

fli777
20th Feb 2012, 09:02
Thanks littco... Appreciate your reply..... Best of luck...

BizJetJockey
20th Feb 2012, 09:31
The initial recruitment page says that the last three log book pages are required but when attaching documents there isn't a section for these attachments. Are these requested once there is a positive reply from HR or are you actually meant to include these in the initial application? Cheers!

sidney_young
20th Feb 2012, 10:02
Hi

Can anyone tell me what happens when you submit your online application form.

When I hit the "Send Button" it doesn't appear to do anything and then after about 20 - 30 seconds some of the entries I have made on the form vanish eg for instance total hours will vanish or some of the attached forms (license / medical) will need to be attached again.

Can anyone tell me what happens after you hit send - does it say anything like the application form has been submitted successfully.

Thanks

fli777
20th Feb 2012, 11:08
Couldn't find the link to upload the logbook pages so I guess they will ask for them at a later stage maybe...
Regarding the application process once you submit it all came blank with no confirmation whatsoever.... Looks like that's how it is set since you got the same results....

sidney_young
20th Feb 2012, 11:18
Thanks - its just a shame it's not more obvious that it's gone through.

Fakawi
20th Feb 2012, 13:00
In my life i have learned to pay attention to the signs that pop up along the way.
So if i came across such problems i would ask myselve : Do i really want to go there ?

Moonwalker
20th Feb 2012, 13:20
There is a confirmation page coming up if you have completed the application page successfully. If not it takes you back to the main page again and in red shows you were you have to refill data. If you manage to do it correctly you will get a message saying thank you for the application. Try a different web browser. It can be some fancy code in the background that is blocked with some browsers and others not. It's a common problem for many online databases.

sidney_young
20th Feb 2012, 13:45
Cheers Moonwalker for clarifying that - I will try a different web browser

fli777
20th Feb 2012, 16:15
Thank you for the info, tried again and got the received application message. I used Firefox this time....

Spam Up
23rd Feb 2012, 10:56
Hi

Can anyone who has been interviewed explain more about the process, ie the SIM and level of tech Q's?

And where do you pay Tax ? for instance if you were based in the UK ?

Cheers

Spam

fli777
5th Mar 2012, 07:19
Did anyone get any replies from Vistajet?

Empty Cruise
5th Mar 2012, 09:47
Joe,

Things have changed quite substantially over the last 2 years - or so it would appear, based on your experience vs mine.

Interviews are being scheduled for March/April for FO positions on the 60, 605 and 850. Whether all invited parties have had their telephone interviews yet - have no clue, but we should be taking around 10-12 this time around, rumour has it - looking at around 20-26 in 2012 altogether.

Klimax
5th Mar 2012, 13:55
Joe,

With you on you view on Vista Jet.

Bunch of amateurs, at least back then, that is. They waste my time and money when they had me going down to Furstenfeldbrucke or whatever to do a FS 2004 sim flight and play some group games etc.

You passed - Mr. Ambs our Accountable Manager will contact you soon.. Yeah right.. as you said 2 years later.. Still no news from Mr. Ambs ;-)

Not impressed :p

Propellerpilot
5th Mar 2012, 18:15
Mr. Ambs semi-retired just after your interview 2 years ago - so that may be one reason why he never contacted you and nobody else bothered... another reason you were not contacted, is that they plainly forgot - not the first time such a thing happend - at least back in those times, they did not even know all the names on their payroll - like: Who the :mad: are you ??? .:ugh:

el commandante
10th Mar 2012, 01:59
Ok here it goes, some might say I'm crazy:

I'm currently in based in Hong Kong flying a wide body for the last 7 years. Still FO and command probably still 6 years away. I'm getting sick of Hong Kong and don't really enjoy flying for my company.

I'm sick of the training in this company.
I'm sick of the constant night flying.
I had one to many jet lags.
I'm sick of the management in this company.
I'm sick of the lack of perspective.
I'm sick of most the people I fly with as they are completely full of themselves.

I can continue the list for quite a while, but you get the drift.

So now I don't just want to go back to a different airline in Europe but try something else.
As I started my career on a small Learjet I got some experience in the executive aviation and I liked it.

So my question is: Can I join Vista Jet as a Direct Entry Captain? I have around 9000 hours with 4000 wide body on international operations and about 3000 hours command on turboprops.
I don't care which airplane, actually would prefer the smaller ones since they can't fly that long. I've seen long haul and big jet's, don't need that anymore.

How are direct entry captains accepted in VJ?

It would be a big time salary cut, but money is not everything and I want to have a job which I like and not hate plus I would like to go back to Europe.

How's that roster? Do you get a block on/off? How is your time when on organized? 24h on call or do you get some sort of plan. Of course I know there will be changes, but so do I have now.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks!

Propellerpilot
10th Mar 2012, 11:32
The only way to find out is to apply, bearing in mind, that you will need a current TR which you are going to end up paying for.

There was a report in this forum a while ago (search the achieves-it may be worth the read) by a user with >12000hrs time, that did not get the job and considered the whole assessment a big waste of his time. But I think nothing beats checking the whole thing out yourself - maybe you will find things different from your perspective.

Empty Cruise
10th Mar 2012, 12:06
That's funny, prop-pilot...

...given that a) I haven't paid for the TR, and b) I wasn't rated on any of VJS aircraft when I joined...

...the only explanation must be that this is the new and improved Legacy, cleverly disguised as a Bombardier product :D

Propellerpilot
10th Mar 2012, 17:24
Ok - sorry I was unaware of that double standard except I do know of one case for sure, where a 3 year surety bond via your bank was Vista's method of guarantee for the first TR for candidates with low or no jet experience. So if you left earlier, you would still end up losing a per rata sum for the cost of the rating. No idea what would apply to highly experienced candidates though.

Empty Cruise
10th Mar 2012, 21:03
Propellerpilot,

Nope - you suggested that candidates would end up paying for the TR, you made no mention of the bank guarantee or other non-monetary instruments.

The only way a new joiner "would" end up paying was if he/she left before the bond was up, but I guess that's fair?

I do suspect that VJS have many misdoings in their past, but from what I can see it's a very professional outfit and have no complaints so far. So move on, most people that have had bad experiences with other companies have left that behind them. Again, apart from one cabin crew, I have seen no-one here that have actually been employed by VJS and had reason to slag it off - but many people that have been frustrated by a recruitment process that clearly did not proceed in a successful or competent manner, whatever the cause for that may have been.

zakka
10th Mar 2012, 22:13
@El Commandante

Vistajet does ocassionally hire direct entry captains, but they try to limit it as much as possible, as they try to upgrade from within.

Schedule is 17/13, and they are trying their best to stick to it.

They do offer typeratings if you are the right applicant. A 3 year bond is required.

Propellerpilot
11th Mar 2012, 16:53
@empty cruise: no need telling me to move on - I moved right past them - so never applied personally. I have a next of kin that worked for them for a few years a while back - being aware that that information is dated by now - so it is irrelevant.

I do not feel like the information I just posted sounds anything like I have issues with this company. A guy asked a question here and I gave an honest answer to the best of my limited knowledge and I still think the best advice for the gentleman to find out the answers to his questions, is to apply for a job and talk to the people at VJ directly.

MSX555
28th Mar 2012, 23:14
Hi!

Thanks a lot for all the useful info. Really appreciated.

Would anyone be kind enough to list the bases / gateways they're using at the moment?

I have been lead to believe that it can be an agreement with the company, but a list of actual options would be great.

Thanks in advance

CDP8
29th Mar 2012, 14:14
Hello.

Please, does anyone know if Vista Jet use freelance pilots on their Challenger fleet?

Thanks in advance.

Cloud Chaser
15th Apr 2012, 10:53
Could someone working for Vistajet advise what the workload is like, both in terms of hours and sectors? :confused:
Ideally in the form of an average figure per 17 day tour and per year.

CaptainProp
16th Apr 2012, 10:37
I just read an interesting article from March 27 that they are "in a tie-up" with Air China to expand in the Chines market. The article also mentions that their fleet will double to 60 aircraft by 2015.

We are almost half way through 2012 now so that gives them about 2.5 years to get another 30 aircraft online....4 pilots per aircraft? That's 120 new pilots, plus extra to cover for people that are leaving, over the next 30 or so months.

CP

Energetic Pilot
16th Apr 2012, 14:20
China is calling... It might be psooible that VJS then hires locals instead of European pilots. They then can avoid "interrupting" rosters e.g. pilot changes and "high salaries" .... what do you think?

dan1165
16th Apr 2012, 16:34
They are already looking for Russian pilots ...

Empty Cruise
18th Apr 2012, 12:27
Given that China is a net importer of qualifies (experienced) pilots, that seems a tad unlikely, don't you think?

Next we'll be selling sand in the Sahara :ugh:

Energetic Pilot
19th Apr 2012, 06:43
"They are already looking for Russian pilots ... "

Yeeees, thatīs the first step!

Its me
9th Jul 2012, 12:15
Great, someone in another PPRune forum said:

"Maybe a beautiful fleet but an ugly management http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif !!!!!!"

Right on man! Very true...love it!

Crews are still 95% perfect. Like in life, rest represents some streamlined asshole with no guts. BUT: Most of the 95% are highly demotivated, because of the mentioned "ugly management".

Things changed rapidly last 12 month. A lot, and I mean a lot, new CHs are being employed. 80% are from the magical Island (by now a standing term at VJ). Why? They really accept ridiculous contracts. On their 5-day inprocessing course in FAB they also learn for the fist time:

- Uniform cleaning on your own.
- Handbag, Stockings, etc..also your duty.
- Never turn your Blackberry off during rotation. So guess how stress-free their crew rest nights are, when Messenger and Email is ringing all night ;-)
- The new Hostesses are the BEST. Even though lots of them have never seen an airplane from the jumpseat before.
- etc..

Old contracts (Germans and Austrians) are kicked out, hence they are too expensive. And criticize a bit more.The outstanding Catering Team is somewhat doing a job like Scientology. Well, actually all VJ departements are good at this. Therefore lots of old knowledgeable girls are leaving. Very sad, as they knew how it works. New CHs get 1400 Euro/month in the first 6 month. Then a bit more. Donīt forget: Mostly they are doing more than 17 days on. And without post compensation (longer Off period etc). Just like any other employee.

For the pilots there is no difference. TF (everyone knows I guess..) is a big fan of England, London, etc..So not only a vast majority of English pilots are being employed. They also jump right at key positions like Trainingsmanager, Flight Safety, (Dep)-Fleet Chief, etc..If you are not British or donīt have a proceeding airport starting with EG...? Get lost!

Money is cut everywhere. Crews are happy to stay at Holiday Inn now. Shuttle buses have to be used, a telephone budget has been introduced. You go beyond 150 Euro/month with your phone bill? Well, you better have a solid excuse or pay the rest yourself. HR offers to deduct it straight from your pay. So, no worries.

Internet in Hotels is only acceptable if no Business Center or Lobby WiFi available. Breakfast? Well, if your Captain cheats the Hotel Bill, youīll get it. Otherwise a hungry day starts. Forget about Crew Meals!

Very nice is the introduction of the famous "Crew Meal Box". Each Crewmember is allowed to purchase cheap food for 10 Euro per 17 days rotation. If you then ask for more, guess what the answer is: F.... off!

Aircrafts are getting older. The original concept of "not older than 2 years" is obsolete. More and more Maintenance issues due to this.

Proceedings are mostly an adventure: You always (alllllwaaaays) get the cheapest travel option. Means: If you can save 30 Euro on the ticket, Crewplanning accepts a proceeding of 12 hours instead of 4 hours with a (possible) direct connection.

Upgrades Right to Left on Lear60 is pretty much impossible, as they have 14-15 Captains already. Perhaps the old Copilots get an offer for 850 or Global. But: No PIC!

Upgrades 605 have been possible, but only for fast career track pilots (FCT). If you donīt share TFs vision, make suggestions, use fair critique, ask for vacation, etc: You are NOT a FCT pilot! Hence: NO Upgrade! Others are passing left and right. And guess which proceeding airport they all have? Exactly: EG....something!

Upgrades Global: Not very likely. Even though new ones arrive (next 6 or so aircraft are all said to be BD700), old ones leave. So future is unchanged. Also, the COP that came from L60 or 605 without prior PIC rating will need to go back to 605 or 850 for PIC before being allowed to be PIC on Global. Guess how big that chance is?

By the way: New contract also means: You donīt have vacation anymore. Well, you do, but you agree upon signing to take them within your Off days exclusively. If you have family and would like 14 or more days for some package vacation, forget it! 13 MAX! Have fun...

Some 8 pilots on 605 have left so far this year. And about 6 or more are to follow in 2012. They actually meet at pretty much all Interviews from Bosch, AeroLogic, Imperial Jet (yes, even there!), DCA, Emirates, etc.. Most of them just wait for the best opportunity to leave.

As far as I know half a dozen pilots are using a laywer from VC in order to get their rights. This laywer is well known to VJ, as they have had court cases in the past. VJ never won a single one of them!

Overall guys: Situation is pretty bad. And getting worse daily. The only positive thing worth mentioning is: Your payment is always on time. But: If thatīs all you need to be happy, go ahead and send your CV. The english community is waiting just for YOU!

CaptainProp
9th Jul 2012, 12:52
I hear what you are saying but whats up with all the b*^%Ģ&g about the Brits?! Should VJ only hire Austrian guys? Swiss? Or whats the "right" nationality?

Above The Clouds
9th Jul 2012, 12:55
Its Me

Great, someone in another PPRuNe forum said:
"Maybe a beautiful fleet
but an ugly management http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif !!!!!!"

Right on man! Very true...love it!

Crews are still 95% perfect. Like in life, rest represents some streamlined asshole with no guts. BUT: Most of the 95% are highly demotivated, because of the mentioned "ugly management".

Things changed rapidly last 12 month. A lot, and I mean a
lot, new CHs are being employed. 80% are from the magical Island (by now a standing term at VJ). Why? They really accept ridiculous contracts. On their 5-day inprocessing course in FAB they also learn for the fist time:
Uniform cleaning on your own.
Handbag, Stockings, etc..also your duty.
-
Never turn your Blackberry off during rotation. So guess how stress-free their crew rest nights are, when Messenger and Email is ringing all night ;)
The new Hostesses are the BEST. Even though lots of them have never seen an airplane from the jumpseat before. etc..

Old contracts (Germans and Austrians) are kicked out, hence they are too expensive. And criticize a bit more.The outstanding Catering Team is somewhat doing a job like Scientology.
Well, actually all VJ departements are good at this. Therefore lots of old
knowledgeable girls are leaving. Very sad, as they knew how it works. New CHs get 1400 Euro/month in the first 6 month. Then a bit more. Donīt forget: Mostly they are doing more than 17 days on. And without post compensation (longer Off period etc). Just like any other employee.

For the pilots there is no difference. TF (everyone knows I guess..) is a big fan of England, London, etc..So not only a vast majority of English pilots are being employed. They also jump right at key positions like Trainingsmanager, Flight Safety, (Dep)-Fleet Chief, etc..If you are not British or donīt have a proceeding airport starting with EG...? Get lost!

Money is cut everywhere. Crews are happy to stay at Holiday Inn now. Shuttle buses have to be used, a telephone budget has been introduced. You go beyond 150 Euro/month with your phone bill? Well, you better have a solid excuse or pay the rest yourself. HR offers to deduct it straight from your pay. So, no worries.

Internet in Hotels is only acceptable if no Business Center or Lobby WiFi available. Breakfast? Well, if your Captain cheats the Hotel Bill, youīll get it. Otherwise a hungry day starts. Forget about Crew Meals!

Very nice is the introduction of the famous "Crew Meal Box". Each Crewmember is allowed to purchase cheap food for 10 Euro per 17 days rotation. If you then ask for more, guess what the answer is: F.... off!

Aircrafts are getting older. The original concept of "not older than 2 years"
is obsolete. More and more Maintenance issues due to this.

Proceedings are mostly an adventure: You always (alllllwaaaays) get the cheapest travel option. Means: If you can save 30 Euro on the ticket, Crewplanning accepts a proceeding of 12 hours instead of 4 hours with a (possible) direct connection.

Upgrades Right to Left on Lear60 is pretty much impossible,
as they have 14-15 Captains already. Perhaps the old Copilots get an offer for 850 or Global. But: No PIC!

Upgrades 605 have been possible, but only for fast career track pilots (FCT). If you donīt share TFs vision, make suggestions, use fair critique, ask for vacation, etc: You are NOT a FCT pilot! Hence: NO Upgrade! Others are passing left and right. And guess which proceeding airport they all have? Exactly: EG....something!

Upgrades Global: Not very likely. Even though new ones arrive (next 6 or so aircraft are all said to be BD700), old ones leave. So future is unchanged. Also, the COP that came from L60 or 605 without prior PIC rating will need to go back to 605 or 850 for PIC before being allowed to be PIC on Global. Guess how big that chance is?

By the way: New contract also means: You donīt have vacation anymore. Well, you do, but you agree upon signing to take them within your Off days exclusively. If you have family and would like 14 or more days for some package vacation, forget it! 13 MAX! Have fun...

Some 8 pilots on 605 have left so far this year.
And about 6 or more are to follow in 2012. They actually meet at pretty much all Interviews from Bosch, AeroLogic, Imperial Jet (yes, even there!), DCA, Emirates, etc.. Most of them just wait for the best opportunity to leave.

As far as I know half a dozen pilots are using a laywer from VC in
order to get their rights. This laywer is well known to VJ, as they have had
court cases in the past. VJ never won a single one of them!

Overall guys: Situation is pretty bad. And getting worse daily. The only positive thing worth mentioning is: Your payment is always on time. But: If thatīs all you need to be happy, go ahead and send your CV. The english community is waiting just for YOU!

Have you ever thought they are getting rid of the German and Austrian pilots because they are always moaning about terms, and maybe those from EG..? airports are better at the job than you are :=

lear60fellow
9th Jul 2012, 13:13
I had an interview with them 2 weeks ago in SLZ. Seriously, stay away, many people leaving the company but many more will leave soon, only Bristish guys will stay as they love those shi tty old hotels, crappy food (have you ever read a book on Bristish cuisine?) and bad salaries. Well, they live on an Island, what do you expect from islanders?

drag king
9th Jul 2012, 13:25
I had an interview with them 2 weeks ago in SLZ. Seriously, stay away, many people leaving the company but many more will leave soon, only Bristish guys will stay as they love those shi tty old hotels, crappy food (have you ever read a book on Bristish cuisine?) and bad salaries. Well, they live on an Island, what do you expect from islanders?

What's the purpose of all this Brits-bashing? I mean, the topic is on VJ and it's where it should focus. You can argue forever on what is the best cusine, the fanciest hotel, the best roster that suits your lifestyle. Attaching people from this or that isle is not going to act as an eye-opener on ANY company that has the potential to treat you bad. I have been to the interview myself, then it was all made very clear, questions were asked and answers matched the general opinion I was able to get from this network. So why not do some homework first, then decide? What's next? German operators being to picky on...fluency in German? Oh wait...been there, done that...!

DK (non-Brit, happy to proceed from EG...,LE...,ED...,LP...etc,etc) :ok:

Its me
9th Jul 2012, 15:31
@ Above the clouds...

...yeah definitely you are right and about 50 to 60 Germans and Austrians are wrong! How did that work again with the ghost driver? One? 1000! ...Hahahaha...

Lemme guess: Your Proceeding Airport starts with EG... Hahaha..your one of a kind...

INNflight
9th Jul 2012, 17:47
Hey yeah.... how about we start bashing each other on here re. who sleeps in what hotel and has wifi. Me thinks you folks need a CRM refresher again.

Who cares if you're a Brit, German or Austrian - Ts & Cs are apparently going down the drain and neither one should gladly accept that. Then again there'll always be one behind you waiting to take your seat for less benefits - sad.
By the way - I don't moan much, yet am Austrian. I agree some of my fellow citizens have a tendency to complain though.... glad I'm here in Suisse. :E

How about we play nice again... and no, I'm not from VJ.

RedTree
13th Jul 2012, 23:08
'It's me' - you are clearly misinformed on many MANY different levels. Maybe if you put aside your own anger and ego you'd realise that:

The Training Manager is German, the Safety Manager is Danish and 3 of 4 Fleet Chiefs are German; the other is Italian, not a 'Brit'.

You complain that you can't get upgraded? Maybe it's down to your poor attitude rather than your Nationality.....

Dan the weegie
14th Jul 2012, 09:04

With this kind of racist ignorance you have to wonder why you didn't get hired?

Propellerpilot
14th Jul 2012, 10:11
Man - this discussion is an embarrassment, i.e: grow up guys.

His dudeness
14th Jul 2012, 10:39
and maybe those from EG..? airports are better at the job than you are

Maybe.

Hope we will find out one day.

La Coneja
14th Jul 2012, 12:44
Lear60fellow you are my idol, i agree 100%.:ok:
(http://www.pprune.org/members/211686-lear60fellow)

Its me
17th Jul 2012, 13:02
@ Red Tree:

Well, perhaps you should get back to the basic concept of Pilot Training. RTFQ..

You donīt know what that means? Well, thatīs perhaps you never really were a Pilot. But still, trying to tell YOUR pilots what to do. :=

What I am saying is, that I never said that I was or am working for your precious company. All the information is stricly carried forward to me from your disappointed employees. I happen to know many of them. You know: Itīs a small world :ok:

Poor VJ world I must admit. All the blame and shame..:ugh:

Carry on Red Tree. Carry on...way to go!

RedTree
18th Jul 2012, 08:07
@ It's me.

I never claimed to be a pilot ...just because I am proficient in English, doesn't automatically make me part of the VJ Management. I am here to merely balance the discussion for those reading this thread that your comments are both unfounded and misinformed.

For example: 2x LearJet 60XR F/O's are currently being upgraded to Captain as we speak. So your facts or those of your 'informers' are once again incorrect.

If there are aspects of working for VistaJet you don't like, then rather than acting like a petulant child and moaning on public forums about it, why don't you take the opportunity to talk to those people within the company who can make the changes happen. VistaJet, like any other business, isn't perfect but it's always encouraged an open discussion envrionment.....I suggest you take advantage of that.

Its me
19th Jul 2012, 18:52
OMG...itīs you again. Above the Cloud with the UU...proceeding airport..

Thanks for the hint. Here is one from me:

Alkohol-Missbrauch: Russische Männer trinken sich in den Tod - SPIEGEL ONLINE (http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/alkohol-missbrauch-russische-maenner-trinken-sich-in-den-tod-a-488630.html)

spherejet
23rd Aug 2012, 00:08
Get a life Above the clouds and stop spending one in them you haven't been gainfully employed for years for anything over a probation period it's pricks like you who if they put as much effort into working for a living instead of trawling the virtual world might actually contribute something to the industry:ugh:

Above The Clouds
23rd Aug 2012, 15:17
Sphere jet
Another pointless post
Get a life Above the clouds and stop spending one in them you haven't been gainfully employed for years for anything over a probation period it's pricks like you who if they put as much effort into working for a living instead of trawling the virtual world might actually contribute something to the industry
you are talking you have the wrong person

I think you need to get your facts right before you start spouting rubbish like that above, been with my current employer for many years, so no idea who you are talking about.

Your very vocal with your remarks about someone you have no idea about for your first post.

Its me
1st Sep 2012, 07:32
Well, whatever!

As long as everyone gets the grips that Vistajet is currently not your choice of employer we are all happy :ugh:...thatīs actually what this thread was about originally, isnīt it? ...so get back to it alright. :ok:

And spread the word...share the knowledge!

Cloud Chaser
1st Sep 2012, 07:42
Any idea if/when there will be openings for non-rated crews again in the future?

FerrypilotDK
6th Sep 2012, 12:39
I am not on the forums that often, as I have a real life.... Butas I know some VJ people, former VJ people and a lot of others in this industry, I usually check headings about Ocean Sky, VJ, Comlux etc. when I do come on.

The tone, the misinformation, the nationalistic barbs are all embarrassing to read. Perhaps some of you need courses in CRM, communications and even morals before sitting down to your keyboards again!

I can only hope that non-pilots don't wander into these forums, as if they knew the caliber of some of the pilots in the front, they might take the train from now on!

:ugh:

...of course, never let facts confuse an issue.

tommoutrie
7th Sep 2012, 21:05
..I wish I had a real life..

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Sep 2012, 15:43
It you dont like it, just wait, the company (any company) will go bust...almost 90% do....

glf

Uffie
7th Oct 2012, 21:24
Does anyone know when VistaJet will start there next round of interviews?

jr of dallas
8th Oct 2012, 09:29
Plus, they are wearing a red tie......:yuk:

RedTree
11th Oct 2012, 12:15
I don't quite understand all the negativity towards VistaJet on this forum (or is it jealously?)

VistaJet continues to grow because the company is diverse, has clear direction and is not afraid to explore new territories. It doesn't hurt, either, that their aircraft are among the most beautiful on the market.

Month on month the company continues to break new records and expand both its customer and employee base and while other operators fall foul of the economic situation (Ocean Sky?), VistaJet is taking on more and more aircraft (30 currently)

Yes there were problems in the past (what company can say otherwise) but I honestly believe we are seeing the emergence of the new market leader here....

PURPLE PITOT
11th Oct 2012, 14:32
Ocean sky did not fall foul of the economic situation. That was a premeditated train crash.

INNflight
21st Oct 2012, 21:10
Just came here re. Malta as well.

One of their GLEX is now flying with 9H reg., seems to show progress? 9H-VJA is the one if I remember correctly.

tali
23rd Oct 2012, 15:28
Just my opinion.....

I have worked with british, german and austrians pilots,
I really enjoyed working with all of them, with no differences.

Of course there are "snakes" everywhere but not all of them coming from the same place....

Vj looks is gonna be the TRTO of the corporate aviation...

All my best wishes to VJ crews.

Good night

Globalstream
23rd Oct 2012, 17:15
Vj VJ looks is gonna be the TRTO of the corporate aviation

Eh? Vista Jet has an incredibly poor reputation as an employer and trainer, at least in the circles I mix in.

jr of dallas
23rd Oct 2012, 19:32
plus they have to wear this red tie OMG !

Moonwalker
24th Oct 2012, 11:39
What's wrong with a red tie?

aviatn
1st Nov 2012, 12:41
Nothing wrong with a red tie. We had to wear one in a company I used to work at.
Not much seems to be moving at Vista as far as new staff is concerned, or am I wrong?

Gavno
3rd Nov 2012, 19:02
Just saw on the news that the European president, Jose manuel Barroso was in Yangon/Burma with one their plane..looked like a Challenger...

stuckgear
3rd Nov 2012, 19:29
Just saw on the news that the European president, Jose manuel Barroso

[pedant mode on]

Jose Manuel Barrosso is the President of the European Commission.

Herman Van Rompuy is the President of the European Council (aka the European President)

[/pedant mode off]

Barrosso was there to gift 125m to Burma - if you can credit that ! :hmm:

Iver
3rd Nov 2012, 20:34
Also just saw a picture of Justin Timberlake and his new bride getting off a Vistajet 605 at Kilmanjaro...

Empty Cruise
5th Nov 2012, 07:51
Telephone interviews going on this and last week, 4 flightcrew hired in the last 2 months, 3rd aircraft on V9-reg delivered, planning move to Malta and sales/memberservice move to London completed with little fuss.

In other words - compared with the competition, not doing too badly ;)

Its me
6th Nov 2012, 09:57
...not doing too badly?
Well, I wouldnt be too certain ībout that. The move to Malta in deed comes along with a lot frustration and disgrace. Not everyone in the office agrees, that it is such a great idea to be dragged to BFE with the entire family. What would your wifes and kids say? ANd VJ does not leave an option. You agree or you go! How employee-friedly is that?

But overall this just one more time represents the company attitude. Swallow or Fu** *ff!

What a great company! Timberlake, Baroso and other VIPs only look at the money, not behind the curtain. If they discover a bargain, they take it. Donīt we do that too at Carrefour and Media Markt? So, what does all this bu****it have to do with the way the company operates and treats its loyal employees?

At the end, thatīs exactly why most pilots decide to leave and only use VJ as a TRTO.

Gavno
6th Nov 2012, 12:18
Its me.....you funny lad, why are you so pissed off about this company ? I red your posts...you don't work there (neither do I)!!! Why so much hatred ?...R you a little obsessed or getting angry easily anytime you seen vistajet doing the headlines...ahah ! Take a rest mate ! life is just too too short to be pissed off at peanuts :E

Above The Clouds
6th Nov 2012, 13:22
Gvano

I think you will find that "it's me" once worked for Vista Jet and was fired for being a well below standard pilot and now thinks he can do harm to a succeeding company by talking crap on the internet, that's from my inside source.

cldrvr
6th Nov 2012, 14:08
So we had Jr of Dallas rubbishing TAG because he failed his interview and simride and now we got this guy rubbishing Vista because he was let go. In another thread we had a few ex NJE guys having a go at that company.

Pprune is taking a bit of a turn for the worst as of late. Need to take more posters with a bucket of salt I guess.

jr of dallas
6th Nov 2012, 15:22
Oh hello Cldrvr...
Well if you read the post i was not rubbishing about TaG but another chinese company wich offered me a rather sh*** position.. As for the interview with TaG it was just not the conditions i was unfortunatly expecting so it didn't go any further (forgot my vaseline tube on that day) and I don't know where you got that I had a simride and that I failed it....:confused: ( or maybe it happened while I was sleeping)
As for the bucket of salt I conclude that you start washing your mouth with it straight away :E

RedTree
27th Nov 2012, 15:06
...not doing too badly?
Well, I wouldnt be too certain ībout that.

It's me;

I hope this finally dispells your belief that VistaJet is struggling:

Historic Order | Private Jet Charter (http://www.vistajet-think-global.com/vistajet-thinks-global-and-places-largest-single-transaction-in-the-history-of-business-aviation/)

tommoutrie
27th Nov 2012, 17:54
Hey thats a good idea CLDRVR - I could do that with your for the accusations you made on the flap retraction thread and in your email to me.

Posted the data by the way, have a look..

Makes interesting reading and makes your knowledge look pretty ropey..

Above The Clouds
27th Nov 2012, 18:11
Hey @ "it's Me"

Bet you wished you had kept your gob shut now with all your rants about VistaJet and how bad a company they are, seems to me they are doing very well with the biggest Bizjet order in history.

From ATC with the UU-- proceeding airport, rant on matey.

x933
27th Nov 2012, 18:37
Anyone fancy a sweepstakes on how many they actually deliver?

Netjets ordered 33 Falcon 7X's - anyone know how many they have delivered? A very unscientific test

Most of these orders will be to artificially inflate the price of a Global - want one tomorrow? Well, Vista Jet will sell you one over list...

I'd be somewhat suprised if more than 15-20% of these aircraft actually deliver.

Its me
28th Nov 2012, 07:43
Quote: "I'd be somewhat suprised if more than 15-20% of these aircraft actually deliver."

To be honest, Iīd be suprised if there are any delivered! :E How many times has TF already signed some kind of intentional letter to widen his fleet. There have been somewhat five or six "Letters of Intent" at all kind of airshows in the recent past. And, what has happened? Nothing...

Thatīs all BS... rather look at the people working there. Why is VJ looking for new crewplanner, aircrews, ops people?Browse the net guys. Youīll find it. Itīs simple, īcause management treats the employees like ****. They are mostly not even aware that VJ is looking for replacements. Anyway: Who wants to move to Malta? Well...guess how many..

VJ is nothing else than a TRTO for the most pilots. Get in, get a type rating and start applying somewhere else... One would be surprised how many pilots have actually sent their CV to AeroLogic, ACG, AirBerlin, EcexuJet, TAG, FAI, etc... thatīs really an achievement of a great management :D Chapeau!

INNflight
28th Nov 2012, 09:16
All my best wishes to them - if they get the jets and can pair them with some serious business - congrats!

Still - I agree that they'll probably make a big load of cash on lots of options from people who want a Global two or three years down the road and are prepared to pay for it. Anyways...

RedTree
28th Nov 2012, 10:15
Thatīs all BS... rather look at the people working there. Why is VJ looking for new crewplanner, aircrews, ops people?Browse the net guys. Youīll find it. Itīs simple, īcause management treats the employees like ****. They are mostly not even aware that VJ is looking for replacements. Anyway: Who wants to move to Malta? Well...guess how many..

Why are we advertising? More aircraft = more staff.

Crew planning have increased from 3 to 6 people…OPS have gone from 20 to 28 due to increased number of revenue flights. 3 ops staff aren’t going to malta, the other 25 are – so where are you getting your facts from Itsme?

You have left the company now, so drop it. Unless you realise that your negative attitude and resignation from VJ was the biggest mistake of your life.

RedTree
28th Nov 2012, 10:56
To be honest, Iīd be suprised if there are any delivered! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif How many times has TF already signed some kind of intentional letter to widen his fleet. There have been somewhat five or six "Letters of Intent" at all kind of airshows in the recent past. And, what has happened? Nothing...Again; wrong.

All 605s ever ordered were delivered.
All lear 60’s taken…

G6000, 7 more over next 12 months, none sold.
G8000 2016 deliveries.

We've taken 50 aircraft now in line with renewing fleet every 3 to 5 years. So if you add up the number of orders, taking those into account those aircraft which are not even flight tested yet (85 and 8000) you will see that we have sold very few positions.

taq511
28th Nov 2012, 17:25
What about the Airbus? Was announched with a big bang and dropped tacitly into the wastebasket.
So belief it only, if you can touch the aircraft and are able to read the plate, where it says, to which Bank/Leasingcompany this aircraft with all of its components belongs.
Cheers

RedTree
29th Nov 2012, 07:49
What about the Airbus? Was announched with a big bang and dropped tacitly into the wastebasket.

The Airbus was never intended for the VistaJet model.

3 were ordered and all sold.

LRpilot
29th Nov 2012, 15:53
Hi guys,
I'm looking for someone working for Vista Jet able to share any update infos pilots likes (hiring? career progression,rosters, pay,bases, working enviroment etc.)
Any help it's really appreciate!
Many thanks!
LRpilot

Iver
29th Nov 2012, 18:30
LRPilot,

Someone just forwarded this link to me. Looks reasonably up-to-date:

VistaJet pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/VistaJet)

One question for RedTree and others - what happened to the data related to the Lear 85 order? I thought I saw 11 Lear 85s on the "ordered" fleet portion of the page and it has been deleted. Does this mean VistaJet is not ordering the Lear 85 for shorter charter segments (just focusing on long haul bizjets)? Are the Lears still coming?

Cheers

LRpilot
29th Nov 2012, 19:06
Hi Iver,
thank you for the link.
You have a PM

BizJetJock
30th Nov 2012, 11:53
Wow. Better not show that link to management at my company, they'll start wanting to cut our pay.:{

skylog
30th Nov 2012, 19:19
Not having a go at VJ in any way, but those salaries on PPJN are very low compared to industry standards for GLEX :confused:. Are they correct or do they need to be updated??

flydive1
30th Nov 2012, 21:18
Very, very low, but it seems to be the Austrian way, unfortunately for everybody.

RedTree
2nd Dec 2012, 11:28
One question for RedTree and others - what happened to the data related to the Lear 85 order? I thought I saw 11 Lear 85s on the "ordered" fleet portion of the page and it has been deleted. Does this mean VistaJet is not ordering the Lear 85 for shorter charter segments (just focusing on long haul bizjets)? Are the Lears still coming?

Hi Iver, Yes, the Lear 85's are still coming, once Bombardier completes testing and places the model into production, I believe we'll see them towards 2014.

Bare Plane
13th Dec 2012, 06:32
Anyone have any anecdotes about the VistaJet’s Bombardier Global 6000 world tour, currently underway? The Eastern half of the world, anyway. MEBA on Tuesday, Riyadh on Wednesday, probably back to London today, the starting point. I'm sure it wasn't just a sales trip but also a test flight to check facilities and accomodation is places like Almaty, Vladivostok, Ulan Bator and other stops, including a couple in India. There must be a few stories to be told.:p

B200Drvr
13th Dec 2012, 12:53
Red Tree, eventually they will be caught doing illegal charters out of China and Hong Kong, they should be very careful whose toes they step on in Asia.

RedTree
18th Dec 2012, 16:00
Red Tree, eventually they will be caught doing illegal charters out of China and Hong Kong, they should be very careful whose toes they step on in Asia.

B200Drvr, I cannot understand such slanderous comments?? VistaJet has never, and will never be involved in illegal charters:

VistaJet and Beijing Airlines Partner for Charter in China | Aviation International News (http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/abace-convention-news/2012-03-27/vistajet-and-beijing-airlines-partner-charter-china)

CL300
18th Dec 2012, 17:05
RedTree, people are bashing on Vista the same way they were bashing on Netjets 8 years ago.; " What? you are going to this outfit ? blablablabla.." in the meantime they were the first to send resume in, and miserably fail the selection process, hence the anger.
People working in companies that could not achieve what Mr Flohr has done by himself are obviously envious and cannot imagine that somebody succeed where they failed.
After the expansion time will come a "plateau", then people will start to say that after all, it was not a good company, blablabla...and whatever or wherever the company will be in 5 or 10 years from now, you will always find someone who knows better about aviation then the people whom are actually doing the aviation.
So T&C, can be an endless discussion, not good enough? please do not send your resume...this is it ! It is like people applying at RYR, or EZ , they know what to expect no ?
Congratulation to your company, it is growing during these troubled times and if there is some happy people within, this is great; if the unhappy people are leaving, that is even better.
Enjoy every drop of it.. Life is short ! :)

Booglebox
19th Dec 2012, 18:06
Because ordering $4b of aircraft at once totally worked for NetJets.

x933
19th Dec 2012, 21:34
Your argument is completely undermined by the fact that (the last time I checked) Flohr doesn't have Buffet's money.

I'm still a sceptic.

CL300
20th Dec 2012, 05:14
Money buys time... nothing else. If you have less money you just need to be better...There is a lot of successful stories which started without a lot of money. There is a lot of enormous crashes which started with a lot of money.

Future will tell; but it is very annoying having the same trolls over and over again, bashing about a company that is not closing...
Business goes up and down, if you are lucky enough to ride the proper wave, you will never see any troubled waters, if not... you need to paddle..

B200Drvr
26th Dec 2012, 04:16
Redtree, "letter of understanding" and "eventually" and yet they are currently doing charter work on OE registered aircraft in the region, furthermore, A China AOC does not cover Hong Kong!

Flying Mechanic
26th Dec 2012, 08:11
Yep they still get away with charter out of HK! Saying that every man and his dog doing FAA part 135 out of Hong Kong, CAD does not mind.:ugh::ugh:

medriver2008
5th Jan 2013, 09:13
the pay scale is 50,000 Euros / year for FO and 100,000 Euro / year for Captain. You pay for your own tax, housing and uniform laundry........ if you are a TRE you get $250 Euros / day during the training only.....

This is the contract as of 2013.

STREETHAWK
5th Jan 2013, 18:01
Anyone knows if Vista jet moved all OCC department from Salitzburg to Malta ?
tks
SH

Booglebox
6th Jan 2013, 11:41

Also interested in this... :cool:

RedTree
15th Jan 2013, 13:45

Not yet.....

Soon.

gearupflapsupshutup
26th Jan 2013, 13:03
On top of basic are there any per diems? What UK gateways have they?

Elvis26
26th Jan 2013, 18:28
As usual you get per diems for any day away from your base when on duty. On top of your salary. Tax free per diems. The amount seems to be european standard, not much.
UK getaways...few of them: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, inverness ... UK getaways are favored by the company in the moment ...

Uffie
17th Mar 2013, 20:25
Any news on upcoming assesments?

Booglebox
18th Mar 2013, 08:48
Also, any update on OCC move?
(it was supposed to be November originally)

Iver
27th Mar 2013, 18:41
What's the latest news with hiring at Vistajet?

Are newhires being directed more to certain fleets (i.e., CL605, CL850, L60XR or Global) vs. others these days? Are newhires getting seats in the Global or are they tending to start on other aircraft and later move to the Global?

What about moving from fleet to fleet? Is that easy to do after a seat-lock or do they expect you to stay on one fleet (from FO to Capt on that fleet type)? Obviously that big order for Globals means more seats in that aircraft in the future.

Lastly, what's the latest about minimum days off per month at Vistajet?

Cheers for any updates (PMs also welcome). :ok:

Lappen
27th Mar 2013, 19:01
Hello folks,

I have an upcoming interview with Vistajet. I was hoping somebody might be able to tell me what to expect please??? what are the questions on the written tests, what kind of scenarios in the sim etc etc??

Please PM me

Many thanks in advance

Iver
28th Mar 2013, 15:13
I've asked this before, but with recent delays in the programme, I thought it was worth asking again. Do Vistajet still plan to get the Lear 85? Or will it focus on the bigger, longhaul jets like the CL605 and Global 6000/7000/8000?

According to PPJN there is no mention of the Lear 85 (although I admit not the best source of updated information):

Fleetlast update
Current: 6 x LR60, 1 x CL604, 11 x CL605, 6 x CL850, 3 x XRS, 2 x Global 6000 26/Sep/12 Orders: 56 Bombardier Global (25x5000/25x6000/6x8000) and options for 86 additional jets 28/Nov/12

vjs
4th Jul 2013, 21:43
Some answers, from an insider, as requested:

- yes, they are now saving tax in malta, office now "officially open"

- lot's of new hires around, even more coming, stealing the old guys jobs on the Globals(because they are scared that all the old guys will run after they get the rating, happened a few times already in the younger history of VJS :E)

- all new aircraft and all globals are Malta registered. As far as I know the CL 605's will follow soon(but not sure if that is a fact). The 850's stay registered in Austria(propably to have a a bit more serious AOC then that one from Malta - and Austro Control has not really the best name between european authorities)

- new order has just been anounced, now we get the CL350's as replacement for the Lear 60. Start of phasing in(and out) - 2014.

That's the latest facts.

Is Vista a good employer? Hard to say, depends from where you come from. If you are used to some kind of standard and nice treatment(especially from some non flight ops departments)then not. Crewplanning and OPS became are really nice bunch of people because most of crewplanning did not make the move to Malta and there are now all new hires).
Why do I say that? I have been around Vista already for a while - the new brush (Nick) is brushing not so bad, unfortunately he is not a very honest guy and does not take critic of any kind very well(well , that what most managers have in common ;) ).

Examples? Ask him something he dosen't like and he will never come back to you. If you meet again and you ask the same question he will behave like he never heard that from you. Same with his "assistant", the new FOM, Sander.

All new hires are now on the "famous" Malta contract. That opens the door for tax fraud. Was not possible on an old German, Swiss or Austrian contract.

All "old" contract are not getting any benefits(pay rise, inflation correction, Loss of license, additional insurance, etc.), just the Malta ones get that.
Lesson learned: Never be on an "old" contract with Vista(so, don't stick around there to long) as there will be always a "new" contract and the guys being loyal to the company long enough get f****d by Mr.Nick or someone who will take over his job as he climbs in the Vista career ladder(moved already from FOM to Accountable Manager). Of course the new contract is worse then the old one, they need to save money for buying more aircraft.
Just try to stay on your old, not very big salary for 5 years and more without ever getting a rise... Frustrating.

Some guys(most from far abroad or the island) are quiet happy on the new contract. Why? Simple - some don't pay tax on this contract(again, not possible to do that on the good old ones) or they create a company with only themself inside and hire himself(or herself) to Vista as a contractor. That's nothing else then fraud(my humble opinion), but at least they make Vista work for themself.

A big part of the crews(mainly the ones being longer in the company) are not that happy. But what to do in times of a never ending crisis.

To sum it up: If you are without a job, go for it.

If you are happy at your current job and just not that happy about your pay - stay away from Vista.

If you are young, without experience worth to mention, like to see the world or try to join the office in Malta to have party for some years - yeah, go for it. As a pilot you will get your promotion soon(as long as you shut up), and soon you might check your old captain on a linecheck and a bit later on the simulator. Key element is to play along, don't be critic(especially not anything what lies in the responsibility of Nick) and you will do fine.
And of course - always be prepared for a "new" contract :ok:

McMax
1st Aug 2013, 18:25
vjs, do you have more details about the new contract?

Roster and salary would be interesting...

vjs
1st Aug 2013, 22:23
New contract is 17/13. 13 off includes 4 days of holidays. Not pretty sure, but I think as well 2 days of LD+(which is more or less Standby even the company never calls it so) are included in your 13 off.

No holidays on top. Pay is , according my opinion, below industry standard. New contracts lost 35 days of holidays compared to old contracts, no big payrise to equalize that.
I am aware that holidays are not standard in our business - however, with all the other downturns that was the only nice thing in the company(well, as well the (low) pay was always on time).
You get 10.000 Euros bonus if you are able to survive 5 years in Vista, loss of license, yearly payrise IF they like you during your anual appraisal - this all is just valid for new contracts.

Hope I could help.

wondering
2nd Aug 2013, 09:34
@vjs,

is the LOL a lump sum payment or monthly payments until a certain age? And what sums are we talking about?

Thanx

McMax
2nd Aug 2013, 10:58
Vjs, thanks for your update!

What about hiring? Any chance for non rated in the near future?

vjs
2nd Aug 2013, 12:02
@wondering, sorry, on old contract, don't know exact details. Will ask one of my new collegues about LOL and come back. May take a while... Nothing great for sure. I just heard some guys pay on top, so basic coverage must be very basic :E(i like word plays).

@McMax - companies like Vista are always hiring. They are expanding and continuously loosing people. So, give it a shot. But lots of applications (i heard once a rumor of 1000 applications) with HR. Very bad times indeed.

Iver
6th Aug 2013, 02:56
I can think of worse ways for young, single people with few obligations to spend a few years than flying a Global/605/350 worldwide... It could be fantastic in terms of interesting travel and great aviaiton learning experience (especially if you get a Global type out of it). :ok:

Hopefully terms/conditions at VJ improve as more Globals and 350s arrive because otherwise pilot recruitment and certainly retention could be a big (and expensive) issue over time....

Joe le Taxi
6th Aug 2013, 09:22
Before commenting what is fantastic and what isn't, could you please confirm whether you are actually a professional pilot or not, Iver - I have no problem with reading stuff from SLF, provided it isn't purporting to be from someone it isn't. You have commented or asked questions in pprune about employment terms at practically every airline and operator under the sun, and many people have spent time to reply to those, assuming you to be a pilot - but mostly your posts have the insight of an aviation enthusiast rather than someone who does this for a living.

Iver
6th Aug 2013, 11:33
Hey Joe,

Yes I am both a professional pilot and an aviation enthusiast. But I do not need to justify my comments to you or anyone else. You do not know me or my interests. I am at the early point in my career and not yet jaded - unlike so many old farts on this board. Instead of criticizing others, how about you move along to other threads?

VistaJet, like other operators I am reviewing, is an option for me because I am early in my career. I am at a career experience point where I can now actively pursue options - or wait for better. But that is my business - not yours or others. I am certainly no expert on any of these topics, but reapectfully, if you don't like my comments, you can always ignore my posts or move to another topic.

Now, back to VistaJet....

Joe le Taxi
6th Aug 2013, 12:20
Well amongst your many questions, I see stuff like asking about rosters for EK 777 Captains, Cargolux etc, and the such-like, all of which are hardly relevant for you! Anyway, now I know you are a low time ATPL, I am happy to answer your questions in that vein.

Not a criticism btw - just your posts are somewhat of multiple personality!

Black Pudding
6th Aug 2013, 13:55
Iver

You said "Yes I am both a professional pilot and an aviation enthusiast"

Can I ask, where are you from, who do you work for, what do you fly ?????????

Been reading your post on here for a while and ou never seem to give anything away, so lets be having you. Who is the real Iver ???

Iver
6th Aug 2013, 14:43
Black Pudding,

Certainly - if you also provide me your bank records and your credit card numbers. I'd also like a full description of your family members and their jobs and their aspirations while you are at it. I want full details - you can PM everything to me if you like.

How about your focus on aviation (since this is an aviation-oriented website) instead of wasting everyone's time with your snooping?

Booglebox
6th Aug 2013, 20:35
I don't give much away either. :oh: We all have our reasons for pseudo-anonymously wasting our time in front of a screen.
After all, this is the Internet, where men are men, women are also men, and children are FBI agents. :ok:

transilvana
8th Aug 2013, 00:39
I donīt know how vista is going on but just 4 days ago I spotted his senior vice president leaving a business card on the drivers side window of a red maserati parked at Nice GA terminal....Pizza hut?? Come on, they must be desperate to get clients doing that. By the way, I have the business card. it was my client.

Uffie
23rd Oct 2013, 10:35
Does anyone know if VistaJet is still hiring, since there is no more vacany on the website, unless you are from Russia :)

B200Drvr
23rd Oct 2013, 12:04
Still doing illegal charters worldwide!!

Delta12
23rd Oct 2013, 13:44
Heard they are not doing to great either, lots of planes sitting on the ground/hangar ?

True or not ?

Boabity
23rd Oct 2013, 20:47
Not true :), very busy indeed.

Delta12
24th Oct 2013, 10:16
You said: Yes very little to fly and edited that post later on to: Very busy ?!?

Strange imho :cool:

Boabity
24th Oct 2013, 15:57
Lol, not really Mr Paranoid :)
I edited the grammar because initially it could have been read both ways.
But for absolute clarity, Vistajet is very busy. Also recruitment has stopped for the moment.

Bare Plane
26th Nov 2013, 14:39
This thread is a little slow lately even though VistaJet has been making the news. Maybe an insider here can enlighten me a little. The move to the USA to compete as a charter operation against the fractionals will be interesting to watch. Anyone know how that is going or how the relationship with Jet Aviation is doing?
Also, VistaJet opened an operations center on Malta some weeks ago. About the same time, Maintenance Center Malta expanded their operation with more hangar space. Does anyone know the relationship between VistaJet and MCM? Just nosey and interested.:confused:

wondering
27th Nov 2013, 09:03
Looks like Jet Aviation in TEB is gearing up for itīs VJS ops:

Pilot - Global Express / Vision in Teterboro, NJ-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/709.html)

pilotcircus
2nd Dec 2013, 22:19
My partner has been a captain flying for Vistajet for the past year and a half. What an absolute joke of a Company. Claiming their slogan "Think Global" and portraying utter luxury to their clients yet their crew pay is hardly worth the job they do or the blood, sweat and tears that they expect from their crew. Crew are expected to fly with little to no rest, staying in cheap hotels with basic amenities on €30 per day on matter which country they are in. No thought given to the safety of the crew and expected to fly to deepest darkest areas of Nigeria no other airline would even consider. Their head office ops are so slack that on a number of occasions crew have landed without relevant permits and faced near arrest and met with gunmen on landing. They keep purchasing new Globals yet have not got enough crew to fly them and therefore fly the few crew they have into the ground. 17 day rotation witg any training on off periods, asked to come on duty early nearly every month, paperwork an absolute nightmare and literally expect to get blood from a stone. Unless you expect Vistajet to own your life, pay you peanuts but hey you look good in their suave little uniform....you would be nuts to consider working for this joke of a company who treat their staff like work horses.

Delta12
3rd Dec 2013, 19:30
A Captain on the Global makes 5000 Euro net a month. Got that figure first hand. Thats less than 50 percent of the market average:ugh::ugh:

AvNews
3rd Dec 2013, 19:33
Visatjet's US aircraft are supposed to be operated by Jet Aviation and they say this model is likely to be extended elsewhere:

t6VC3gkWH5g

dnx
31st Dec 2013, 09:16
Pilotcircus: What is wrong with your partner? Why is he/she still working for this company if it is as bad as you describe? Can't he/she get a better job somewhere else? If I felt that way about the company I was working for I would vote with my feet. If you post a piece like this it makes your partner look worse then the company you describe :uhoh:

Yeager
31st Dec 2013, 17:29
Dnx,

Sometimes you you might not like your employer, but you hang around until something better comes up. You may work for **** outfit, but just can not justify leaving just now. That's life.

Happy NY.

Learjet-60-XR
6th Jan 2014, 13:08
Well very interessting what people write about Vista.

I can't and won't comment on other peoples experiences. All I can say is, that prommisses made towards me have been kept in full. Granted pay could be better, but I myself have gotten way worse, in Europe that is! I personally have never been called on duty earlier or told to have to stay longer. Though if need be, I think the company is not out of line to do so every once in a while!!

If you look hard enough, you will always find things you don't like about your employer. But at least my life is to short and valuable to do so!

FerrypilotDK
9th Jan 2014, 13:32
I do not work there and never have. But I know several people that do. Every company has procedures that can drive you a little crazy, someone in ops that is less than average or accounting that is anal. I have heard about what I consider rather low salaries, but times have changed and salaries are under pressure. The latest offers I have received are far less than I earned in 2008, so I donīt think their salaries are way out. (10,000USD offered for 30 days in Saudi for example)

My impression from the outside is that they are vastly improved, the new operations centre is combined with all the other functions and so their internal communications are vastly improved (my present employer has ops in one country, sales in another, accounting in a third, so Vista internal communications sound like heaven!)

I also do not hear the complaining that was rampant 2-3 years ago. So I suggest that they are no worse than average and far better than many. Quoting 5000€ net as a salary is meaningless unless you know what country taxes are paid in.

Narrow Runway
9th Jan 2014, 14:42
10,000 USD for 30 days in Saudi....for flying what? A kite?

Well, if anyone is crazy enough to take that, then all hope is lost.

flydive1
9th Jan 2014, 15:14
10,000 USD for 30 days in Saudi....for flying what? A kite?

Well, if anyone is crazy enough to take that, then all hope is lost.

Totally agree

noneya
10th Jan 2014, 06:48
Well if their sales team is anything like the rest of the company..... They SUCK!!!

I have been trying to get a quote for block hours to supplement our aircraft for 2 weeks now... All I get is crickets :ugh:

Or maybe they just have so much business that my money is no good! If their block hours prices are like their charter quotes, then its probably best they don't send me one. Every quote in the past so far has been at least 30% more than the competition!

I guess I will stick with Net Jets Europe or the likes!

RedTree
22nd Jan 2014, 15:54
Noneya,

It's dissapointing to hear that you are still waiting for a quote - that's certainly not indicative of the normally very high standards of the VistaJet Sales Team. If you still have a requirement, perhaps you'd like to PM the details and I can relay to right people.

Regarding your other comments, let me assure you that VistaJet continues to go from strength to strength. Their increasing market share and presence in the Global marketplace, reinforces this. NetJets might furnish the US and European markets, but beyond these contintents; they're absent. VistaJet is everywhere.

VistaJet positions itself as a luxury brand and as such, an associated premium is to be expected. After all, you don't go into a Four Seasons Hotel and try to negotiate a discount do you? The price is the price, because you know the quality you are going to receive.

How many other operators offer a completely transparent pricing structure inclusive of fuel, landing/handling fees, flight attendant, VIP catering, VIP Lounges, de-icing..... AND with NO owner's release. The answer: None.

Remember, VistaJet aircraft have an average age of 3 years and are covered under manufactures' warranty, meaning they perform better, faster and more efficiently. With a homogeneous interior/exterior livery across the fleet, it's the same touch, smell and quality regardless whether you step onto a LJ60XR or a Global 6000.

Some client's are happy to fly on an older, owner fashioned aircraft - I get it; it's a buyer's market out there, but the market also highlights the necessity for client's who want a consistent quality with a reliable operator who operates Globally to some of the remotest destinations which other Operator's like NetJets don't and won't go.

Suddenly that 30% is put into perspective....

No RYR for me
24th Jan 2014, 14:58
Hi Redtree

When you are finished advertising can you also tell us why a company who
VistaJet positions itself as a luxury brand and as such, an associated premium is to be expected..... Treats their staff like Ryanair.... :rolleyes:

Phil Brockwell
24th Jan 2014, 15:06
"VistaJet aircraft have an average age of 3 years and are covered under manufactures' warranty, meaning they perform better, faster and more efficiently"

Better (?), Faster(???) and more efficiently (????) because they are covered by a warranty - quite a few big leaps there old boy.

No RYR for me
24th Jan 2014, 15:30
Oh and redtree from an article in the FT in 2010 Mr Flohr said he planned to have "between 50 and 60 aircraft" by 2013. How many are there in the fleet at the moment?

CaptainProp
24th Jan 2014, 17:11
31 registered under the VJ brand as far as I can see.....

CP

Uffie
24th Jan 2014, 17:39
This company is full of bull****! They promise you the world, but in the end you have nothing! I can tell based on my own experience

B200Drvr
25th Jan 2014, 00:07
Redtree wrote:
"Regarding your other comments, let me assure you that VistaJet continues to go from strength to strength. Their increasing market share and presence in the Global marketplace, reinforces this. NetJets might furnish the US and European markets, but beyond these contintents; they're absent. VistaJet is everywhere."

Most of the time without an AOC to operate in those countries!!

Boabity
27th Jan 2014, 09:13
Treats their staff like Ryanair....

I have several pals working there now. So on the basis of my beer fuelled discussions with them, I understand the following.

They really don't but they do work very hard to keep costs low. All fairly normal business practices really and the crews by in large are really fantastic people. One or two are merely really nice :). The problems that crew experience day to day, I imagine are not much different to anyone else.

Ryanair charge you for your interview, accommodation, type rating, line training (because they don't pay you), uniform, coffee and they put you under pressure to keep fuel as low as possible to save money which results in a fair number of fuel emergencies (relatively). They treat the pilots like cattle and have little respect between departments (I believe) and generally make the working conditions kind of rubbish. They never seem to base you where you actually WANT to be and make no effort to put you there. They pay quite well once you are flying regularly on the line, you're a contractor as well, so that job isn't secure.

Vistajet do none of that although some pilots are contractors so that they can be tax efficient. All of this is a matter of public record and there's nothing new.

B200Drvr, noone is listening.

Mr_Dufrais
27th Jan 2014, 16:02
Redtree - what is this, some sort of sales pitch?

Could not agree with Phil Brockwell anymore...

"VistaJet aircraft have an average age of 3 years and are covered under manufactures' warranty, meaning they perform better, faster and more efficiently." :yuk:

The company seems to have a massive chip on their shoulder and this kind of reply demonstrates just that… utter rubbish. :D

RedTree
27th Jan 2014, 18:09
The company seems to have a massive chip on their shoulder and this kind of reply demonstrates just that… utter rubbish. :D

I think its the vast majority of participants on this thread who have a chip on their shoulder; happy to circulate rumour and make unsubstantiated claims regarding a company they know very little about.

Most of the time without an AOC to operate in those countries!!
Care to provide an example?

How many are there in the fleet at the moment?
32 aircraft in total, however, VistaJet have taken delivery of 50 aircraft. New replace old in order to keep the fleet young.

Better (?), Faster(???) and more efficiently (????) because they are covered by a warranty - quite a few big leaps there old boy.
Perhaps you misinterpret what I meant to convey Phil. My point was that a newer aircraft that has updated avionics and undergoes regular maintenance direct with the manufacturer, is far more appealing to a client than a 10 year old aircraft out of warranty. New aircraft are more desirable.

This company is full of bull****! They promise you the world, but in the end you have nothing! I can tell based on my own experience
One opinion - doesn't reflect the attitude of the rest of the company. I work for VistaJet and I feel neither like a RyanAir employee nor have I been promised something that has not been delivered. Sorry you feel so aggrieved.

flydive1
27th Jan 2014, 18:39
I think its the vast majority of participants on this thread who have a chip on their shoulder; happy to circulate rumour and make unsubstantiated claims regarding a company they know very little about.

No chip on my shoulder. except maybe the fact that Vistajet(along with others Austrian companies) are dragging the market down for crew. Paying peanuts and asking for hard work.

VistaJet positions itself as a luxury brand and as such, an associated premium is to be expected.

Why not let a bit of that luxury and premium filter down a bit to the crew?

Salary, perdiem, etc. are a joke, a sad joke

Boabity
27th Jan 2014, 22:37
Salary, perdiem, etc. are a joke, a sad joke

So what in your opinion is the right salary?

B200Drvr
28th Jan 2014, 04:57
Boabity,

I disagree, people have been listening, watch and see!!

The industry standard for per diem is 100 -150 USD or 100 Euro per day.

B200Drvr
28th Jan 2014, 05:13
Redtree.

Do I really need to name the countries? Are you just playing ignorant, or do you really believe that they operate everywhere in accordance to the requirements of the countries they operate in and out of!!

Deep and fast
28th Jan 2014, 09:48
Well for sure places like Nigeria will impound the aircraft if you are not playing by the rules and Russia, you can pay to avoid the cabotage issue as I understand.

There are many ways to do business, some are conservative and some close to the line but I can't believe they are flaunting the regulations everywhere as it just wouldn't be tolerated by the local operators and authorities.

D and F:8

Mr_Dufrais
28th Jan 2014, 12:28
Well said Booglebox :ok:

Opsbeatch
28th Jan 2014, 13:11
I think Booglebox is just a bit bitter as he didn't get a job there... ;)

OB

dc9-32
28th Jan 2014, 13:47
Surely not Opsbeatch

vodka_gorbachev
28th Jan 2014, 14:12
Guys, you can say how Vista sucks, you can say that 100 euro is minimum per diem (not true, almost all EU operators paying 50-80 Euro), you can say that they treating crews like a ****. This will change nothing.

It's their business, and for me it looks like very successful business model, which are working. And philosophy "Accept our rules or go to another company" is absolutely normal for such operators, I underline – absolutely.

Russians like to say – "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence", it's absolutely true. Each pilot, flight attendant will think that competitor is better, paying more and kissing crew's ass. It's not true. There drawbacks everywhere.

I have experience flying privately on one small company, which was asking to go max duty and was delaying salary for almost 2 months. In addition to that my roster was kind of 60 on / 15 off. After that Vista is looking absolutely good compare to what I have – salary paid on time, schedule works fine, new airplanes, interesting destinations.

So, my conclusion – sometimes you need to value what you have for the moment.

If you think that management sucks, everything sucks – go and open your own company, after you can do what you want, pay how you want e.t.c.

Happy landing!

First.officer
28th Jan 2014, 15:54
Thomas Flohr's new aircraft leasing company IALT borrows $206m - Corporate Jet Investor (http://www.corporatejetinvestor.com/articles/thomas-flohr-ialt-aircraft-leasing-206/)

papazulu
28th Jan 2014, 18:17
If you think that management sucks, everything sucks – go and open your own company, after you can do what you want, pay how you want e.t.c.

Too much wodka, mate! Slow down...

"The glass is always greener on the other side of the fence", it's absolutely true.

Definitely WAY TOO MUCH wodka...:}

PZ :E

flydive1
28th Jan 2014, 19:29
So what in your opinion is the right salary?

For sure is not 85000 Euro for a GLEX captain and 30 Euro perdiem.

Let's about double them and we might start to talk.

No RYR for me
29th Jan 2014, 07:51
and the crews by in large are really fantastic people.

To get the record straight: the crew that I come across are a nice bunch and I am not knocking them. At the same time it is these really fantastic people who are the ones that are very unhappy about their package and seem to be looking around all the time... :hmm:

BizJetJockey
5th Feb 2014, 21:01
What's the story behind only accepting Russian pilot applications?

RedTree
11th Feb 2014, 13:38
What's the story behind only accepting Russian pilot applications?

Not true. Next!

BizJetJockey
12th Feb 2014, 11:06
Thanks RedTree...was just questioning what was in the careers section of the VJ website. It's not there anymore. We live in hope!! Ta!

RedTree
12th Feb 2014, 12:14
From what I heard, just being a mate of a mate of someone who works there, is more than enough to get in (or at least an interview). :rolleyes:http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif Referals are always welcome in any company to my knowledge.

Doesn't guarantee you a job though. You might get your foot in the door, but it's still up to you to walk through it!

KANELA
13th Apr 2014, 16:15
Hi all,
I would just like to share my experience with you about vistajet . I was invited to an assessment for FA in Farnborough and really I don't understand why they made me go there for nothing. During the previous phone call , someone called me and spoke to me about my brilliant experience in Middle East airlines, and even she dare to talk about there is high chance to be promoted in this
company....... With all of these I travelled to London for the interview

All the candidates were seated in a small room and 5 or 6 staff from vista seated around us and taking notes .... The guy and the girl doing the presentation knew nothing about vip, they were just showing off their "skills
It was a full day consisting of presentation of the company , and then each candidate had to do a 5 minutes presentation about a luxury brand , after that, we (about 10)were split up in 2 groups and we made a role play pretending we are doing a catering order.
The next step was a break of about 45 minutes.
Some candidates felt satisfied with the tests made and nearly everyone was talking about the roster and the base.
The lunch finished and we were put into a room , and called apart either individuallly or in group...I didn't see them again..... . Thinking I was going to do the final interview , instead the interviewers started like : "ohh you did it good in the beginning but your presentation was bit poor ?????? I was like whatttt? Hahaha couldn't believe it. My reply was this is your opinion, is very subjective , I stood up and I left ......really very disappointed about this company and their people....
On another hand , I would like to ask you about the situation of the market nowadays, I am searching for a job several months ago, and before I used to be called to work very fast, now I feel stuck, I don't know if there is someone in my same situation thanks.

Klimax
14th Apr 2014, 04:44
I went for a the pilot assessment with Vista Jet back in 2010 in Fuerstenfeldbrueck, Germany. Back then, perhaps still, it was conducted by a recruitment company, with the representation of a Vistajet guy.

About a week later I received an email confirming the positive outcome of the assessment with congratulations. I was told, I would be contacted by Mr. Ambs (think that was the persons name) within a week. I heard no more. Contacted them a couple of time, with no reply.

I found this company to be very unprofessional. Avoid.

Beech_Boy
19th Apr 2014, 22:35
VistaJet Global, Ex OE-LXR seen at EGGW as N812SD. Anyone provide any details??

Tray Surfer
20th Apr 2014, 04:48
Maybe it is being transferred to Jet Aviation (?) who are to manage the VistaJet brand/franchise/business in the US?

Global_Global
23rd Apr 2014, 11:26
Nope it shows as for sale by Bombardier... So looks like a trade in

tomuchwork
27th Apr 2014, 12:51
@KANELA

That's normal in nowadays Vistajet. All has to be shiny, so the new interview is not really a surprise.

Rest assured , Vista from the inside is still the same as it was years ago. To be fair, hotel situation improved significantly. Rest is bad from a pilots point of view - management talks all the time about the great product but do not care about pilot feedback on unsatisfied customers. Operational mistakes happen a lot due to all the new people in the office. Funny as well how new people come out with "brand new" ideas which has been chased already unsuccessfully years ago. How could they know, there is nobody from the old people anymore telling that this is old, cold coffee they are re-heating.

Could go on and on....

To put ist short: Vista is a company that is very shiny - from the outside. If you are a "yes man"(or girl) you climb your career ladder within very fast, bypassing most of the "old" people.
If you got a job, stick with it. Except for our cabin girls which seem to have a good deal moneywise it is a very bad deal for pilots.

Promotions don't happen according seniority(which is an other funny game that management is playing continuously on us), they happen if Mr.V.d.M. likes your or not. Point.
Payrises happen the same way.
Be prepared that they hire new pilots unrated and put them right in front of you on a Global Express. That's how they treat long term employees. Say yes to their offer and the same thing could happen to you in a few years. I simply don't think someone should support companies like this one.

Still different contracts around, some even Offshore and this in a company having is HQ in the european union...

@Klimax

Yes , for a long time they did the interviews in Fuerstenfeldbruck. It was better then what they do now, still very basic. I found the young "psycho" girl very amusing during the different role plays ;-) .

tomuchwork
27th Apr 2014, 19:42
@de fumo

I heard some stories about new joiners, so I guess I understand what you mean :E. Unfortunately that's our new(ok, not so new anymore, must be more then 2 years now since Mr.Nick makes the calls and brings in a lot of his overqualified friends :ok:) management.

At the end they have just to sell it in a good way to Mr.F.

FerrypilotDK
10th May 2014, 11:28
Actually, now I feel put out. I have known Mr Nick for over 10 years, am certainly over-qualified, yet he has never offered me a job! I think I will need to make an appointment with the psycho-girl and talk about my trauma.......

Come on guys......EVERY company has complaints, complainers, things that can be improved etc. I was just saddled with two clowns from owner's head office, who have been told to "reduce the costs of the aircraft operations." These people know nothing about aviation, don't even know what aircraft we have, if we own it, lease it, have it on an AOC.... It is like the biggest joke.

So I am certain they are reading articles on the internet, trying to learn something. The whole thing stems from another amateur, making a budget based on 360 hours a year. We are only flying 140.......SURPRISE! The hourly expenses when all the fixed costs are divided over so few hours is too high! Compared to the irrational budget created by someone who had no aviation background is the "expectation" and so we need to bring costs in line with this "budget." Well, I suppose we could fly more......which was the idea of the original amateur.

The whole point is that we will always deal with one aspect or another. Ops the world over will place you in a "cheap" hotel that is a 80€ taxi away....saving 10€ on a minimum rest night. They will put you in the middle of an industrial complex when you have 3 days.....or reward you for working so hard by placing you in a 5-star hotel, a two hour drive from the airport on a night with minimal rest.....so you cannot enjoy the spa, the all-inclusive perks or the free bar...... :ugh:

Quite funny at times......but find the perfect combination of great Ops, Travel, management, excellent salary, exciting destinations, good roster, good colleagues, excellent communication with the right amount of support ..............right? They never come together and all your positions will give you one balance or another. Enjoy it, contribute when you can, don't emotionally "own" your suggestions....stick to the knitting and make the best of it.

T6ADriver
23rd May 2014, 14:59
Any updates on the stateside operation? From what I've heard it's still in the planning stages, but when it comes to fruition it will be the same schedule of 17/13, you get 10 vacation days which have to be taken during your 13 off (this confuses me) and a starting salary of $85K for FOs.

Miles Magister
25th May 2014, 08:41
Ferry pilot,

What an astute post! I have experienced all the things you mention.

MM

Global_Global
26th May 2014, 15:02
Has any of the Vista Globals been registered in the US after all? I cannot see them in the Jet fleet listings... If they are what are the registrations? Sorry that I sound like a spotter but just interested as they made a lot of noise in September last year with Wheels up and now I read that Wheels up partnered with Jet Aviation directly....:hmm:

noneya
26th May 2014, 16:12
Yes they are parked and flying out of Jet Aviation TEB.

J

CEQforever
26th May 2014, 16:25
So far N500VJ and N501VJ

CaptainProp
26th May 2014, 20:27
Interesting, still registered as operated by VJ Austria despite the N registration.... May not mean much but I was expecting that they would be registered with Jet....

CP

Global_Global
2nd Jun 2014, 09:46
Yes they are parked and flying out of Jet Aviation TEB. Ok but I don't see them on an AOC...

noneya
2nd Jun 2014, 11:27
Did you check Jet Aviation's AOC? That is what it is under.

J

Global_Global
2nd Jun 2014, 12:13
Did you check Jet Aviation's AOC? That is what it is under. Only their 129 but no aircraft reg on it

drag king
1st Jul 2014, 16:16
Head-hunting season is open again, according to latestpilotjobs...

Anyone know whether T&Cs have changed significantly since their move to Malta and the partnerships with WheelsUP and that other US firm which name I cannot remember?

Same old same also for the roadshow run by the usual suspects?

Good luck all those in search of a seat!

DK

seven3
1st Jul 2014, 20:22
According to their website : Private Jet Charter | Private Jet | Jet Charter | Air Charter | Learjet Charter | Luxury Aviation | Private Jet Partnership | Private Jet Ownership | Executive Jet Charter from VistaJet (http://www.vistajet.com/en/Careers/pilots/14/) ;)

drag king
2nd Jul 2014, 09:43
According to their website : Private Jet Charter | Private Jet | Jet Charter | Air Charter | Learjet Charter | Luxury Aviation | Private Jet Partnership | Private Jet Ownership | Executive Jet Charter from VistaJet

Not sure I got you seven3...

The link you posted, I had figured it out myself long before you joined PPrune. My question concerns the T&Cs that VJ offers these days, with their Maltese AOC and OPS well and truly established. Lot of rumors coming from within the company and the usual speculation from outside, so since they have just began a new recruitment campaign for FOs, I think it is worth to ask what the craic is. As you may well know these terms will deeply affect the lifestyle of those offered to join the company.

Regards

DK :ok:

seven3
2nd Jul 2014, 12:43
My question concerns the T&Cs that VJ offers these days, with their Maltese AOC and OPS well and truly established. Lot of rumors coming from within the company and the usual speculation from outside, so since they have just began a new recruitment campaign for FOs, I think it is worth to ask what the craic is. As you may well know these terms will deeply affect the lifestyle of those offered to join the company.

Yes, sorry I just misunderstood what you wrote. :ugh:

I have no clue about the new T&Cs and the mood within the company.
;)

farfallina
9th Jul 2014, 08:44
Hello,

anyone knows Vistajet cabin hostess salaries per month?

CaptainProp
17th Aug 2014, 12:56
Latest rumour, according to another aviation website, is that they've placed an order for 12 ACJs....Back in 2007/2008 they announced similar order that was later cancelled.

CP

NG708
22nd Aug 2014, 01:47
Anyone able to give me a realistic view of how things are at Vistajet right now? Looking to move out of the UK to Salzburg. 5000hrs RHS airbus.

Are VJ taking unrated or only rated FO's and what is the time to command?
Any genuine info on lifestyle, pay and conditions really appreciated.

Global_Global
22nd Aug 2014, 08:02
ehh why to Salzburg when the company is nowadays based in Malta... :rolleyes:

NG708
22nd Aug 2014, 21:16
So you don't work for them either?

INNflight
23rd Aug 2014, 16:07
So you don't work for them either?

I think his point is that you don't have to move to SZG to work for them, seeing as the aircraft are all over the place anyway, not standing around there... :\

Iver
24th Aug 2014, 13:39
Any trends on fleet hiring for FOs recently? What is more likely these days with "decent" experience, 605 or Global?

Bucket
28th Aug 2014, 13:32
Opps, I posted elsewhere about Vista. I should have looked here first.

I know of one non rated, nil jet experience pilot from SA who got into Vista.

He's getting the whole package paid for on a 3 year bond.

But the advert makes it clear they require RATED pilots.

So how does this work; do we apply anyway and risk incurring the wrath of HR and CP for wasting their time by not looking at the advert or heed the explicit wording of the advert and move on...

Actually I feel it comes down to a matter of integrity about the company concerned.

Advice and thoughts please

galaxy flyer
28th Aug 2014, 13:50
Who cares what the HR dept and CP think, apply and let them sort it out. If you do incur their wrath, at least, they'll remember your name. Wimps don't get ahead.

GF

buzzc152
9th Sep 2014, 08:25
I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I keep hearing that VJ is up for sale. 700m$ or there abouts. Any info ?

Denim and leather
9th Sep 2014, 09:38
Perhaps for any merging with Netjets...who knows?

Global_Global
11th Sep 2014, 07:02
@Buzz Exclusive: VistaJet in talks with banks on possible $900 million sale - sources | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/14/us-vistajet-sale-idUSKBN0FJ1QD20140714)

I was told that one of the perks to their staff was that you would get shares or similar and make a lot of money when the company was sold.... In my world a company like this cannot make money so the $900 million is a joke..

Warren Buffet bought NetJets in 1998 for $725 but they had a fleet of 132 aircraft....

aviafly
25th Nov 2014, 10:02
Hello,
Somebody can tell me what's the policy in this company concernning the TR?
Thanks.

Ride On
3rd Dec 2014, 09:31
Can anybody shed some light on where Vista will Base the current advertised Pilot Jobs...? Since the advert does not specify...! Thanks.......!

:ooh:

papazulu
3rd Dec 2014, 21:30
Can anybody shed some light on where Vista will Base the current advertised Pilot Jobs...?

It works on a gateway system: there is a list of "suitable" airports from where you will be "airlined" to your a/c (temp) base for the next duty period, then back to the same place on Day 17...

You better live close to one of them! List on PPJN, not sure if up to date, tho!

PZ :ok:

dirk85
3rd Dec 2014, 21:46
Apparently the choice you make regarding the gateway will determine whether you will be employed or a contractor with them, due to the new social security legislation in the EU.

Malta base is being "suggested".

dboy
4th Dec 2014, 07:27
Got a rejection mail from them........again.

What do you have to do to be eligible??:(

dirk85
4th Dec 2014, 09:14
A buddy of mine got an email from them 10 days ago saying that his application would be passed to the appropriate hiring manager for review. No news since then.

Ride On
4th Dec 2014, 12:06
Thanks for the update guys, does anyone care to list the ideal base location where Vista would consider you to be suitable, please feel free to PM me.......!

Thank you in advance......!:ok:

fastos
4th Dec 2014, 12:19
@dirk85 I got the same email saying my cv got forwarded to the appropriate manager. Haven't heard anything since either.

dboy
5th Dec 2014, 09:17
Got first also that email. Than 10days later the rejection without any reason. Dont get it anymore. :(

BizJetJockey
7th Dec 2014, 19:04
Same...no idea what they are looking for in a bizjet pilot. Not a look in!! Apart from not having a rating, I exceed their requirements with what I like to think is pretty decent global bizjet experience and don't get the luxury of an interview. Enigma!!

Propellerpilot
8th Dec 2014, 10:03
Probably looking for some young guns, who are prepared too pay for their rating and be so inclined to take all the "bs" that will be thrown at them...

Don't be sad if they reject you - it may just be a blessing in disguise ;) especially if you are expierenced. A lot of such pilots have been rejected by them over the years - you just have to study this thread to get an idea.

papazulu
8th Dec 2014, 11:48
Probably looking for some young guns, who are prepared too pay for their rating and be so inclined to take all the "bs" that will be thrown at them...

AFAIK no money-exchanging-hands with VJ so nobody has to pay for his/her own TR. Bank guarantee required for a 3-years bond tho, unless practice have changed.

T&Cs questionable? Well, unless the doctor said that signing on the dotted line is matter or life or death...your call, ain't?

PZ :cool: