PDA

View Full Version : Nice approach into Chicksands today

wallism
17th Jan 2012, 17:55
Merlin perhaps, maybe 90 feet (which is quite normal around here) slap bang over my house with a nice tight right turn and then droppped into Chicksands. I'm sure you can't tell me who you are or why but the neighbours love it. Another resistance to interrogation course? Maybe :mad: going for a drink with his old pals again?
Just watch out for me as pop up traffic in my R44 :ooh:

206 jock
17th Jan 2012, 20:26
Wallism

Being as your helipad is based in Bedfordshire, have you had a visit yet from the 'Project Pegasus' team? I had two nice young ladies drive over from Luton to my place on the far side of Herts last week, fill out a form and go away again. Apparently they are two members of a 5 strong team of PC's etc, all looking into GA activities in Beds and Herts. It's all to do with the Olympics.

Allegedly, visiting the location of farm strips and 'known places where helicopters land and take off' is their remit, in order to play their part in preventing terrorist activities. As I was a bit busy, I didn't point out the bleeding obvious.

Let me know if you want me to dob you in!

wallism
18th Jan 2012, 08:21
Interesting, I had never heard of this but found it at:
General Aviation (http://www.bedfordshire.police.uk/how_can_you_help/general_aviation.aspx)
Thanks for your kind offer but I'll be sure to contact them myself :oh:

19th Jan 2012, 07:28
Apparently they are two members of a 5 strong team of PC's etc, all looking into GA activities in Beds and Herts who probably know lots about policing and CT but bugger all about aviation:ugh:

ShyTorque
19th Jan 2012, 08:08
The police website mentions the 12 hour rule. I presume they mean "bottle to throttle". I'm intrigued how they intend to police this at a private site. Not that I'm concerned about this as I seldom drink at all these days. However it seems very much "big brother".

206 jock
19th Jan 2012, 08:52
No: the 12 hour rule refers to travel to/from the Common Travel Area.

The link to the leaflet is on the page Wallism linked to (here (http://www.bedfordshire.police.uk/pdf/ga_pegasus.pdf)). But it's not exclusively a Beds and Herts initiative.

wallism
19th Jan 2012, 08:54
No, they mean the rule about if you are not flying from a designated customs airfield when you go overseas you must give them 12 hours notice to show up. I believe if they don't show up you can just depart but I wouldn't like to try it in this day and age.
I'm not so sure that either 8 or 12 hours from bottle to throttle makes sense any more with the 'almost zero' limit that's legal now.
Anyway, two more Merlins yesterday at v.v.low level, they are busy there.