PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Used Oxford Instruments Notes

AirScream
7th Sep 2001, 12:36
Wanted - your old Oxford Instruments notes for cash email [email protected]

[ 07 September 2001: Message edited by: AirScream ]

Paul Hickley
7th Sep 2001, 14:41
Do bear in mind, Airscream, that we amend and update as we find out more. This has been particularly the case with Autoflight and W & R. If you get too old a used copy from a former student it may be a bit out of date, and not have the hot poop that you want.

Paul

AirScream
7th Sep 2001, 15:17
Thanks Paul, I am sure you are right. In fact I have taken your advice already! It's just that I ordered the Pallet Book on the recommendations here and now wish I had waited for your later advice!!! The book has been dispatched so I am pretty much committed now!! Buying the Oxford notes sounds a good idea anyone want to go halves or maybe a syndicate could form! :D email me

Get your offers in for a months time when I hope to have finished with my copy of Pallett's Instruments book!!! :D

mad_jock
7th Sep 2001, 15:41
Just a tip from an engineer.

Never dump a text book especially anything to do with engineering. You will never recover its true worth and you also never know when you might need it again. Engineering dosn't change, most of it has been known for hundreds of years only the method of application and operation will change.

Yes you might pass instruments but remember that you will again have to tackle the subject for MCC, job interview, sim check, type rating, reference for your line training, then use every 6 months when you need to check your facts while discussing something on pprune.

I hadn't opened my thermo/fluid mechanics books for nearly 4 years before i started the ATPL exams. As they are the same books that my father used for his physics degree 35 years ago i think we are just proving how tight arsed Scottish and Yorkshire engineers are.

If you still want to sell it in a couple of months just give me a email and i will take it for 20 quid.

MJ

Airbus A320
7th Sep 2001, 20:54
Airscream, I think you'll be lucky to get up to date Instruments notes, since it seems to me anyway that most people will be having to resit Instruments, or is it just me being the thick one?

FMC=MC2
7th Sep 2001, 20:58
I would suggest a copy of the Oxford/Jepp notes. Very good. Try and get some feedback from someone who has taken the exams.

Msg me for further details.

SuperTed
7th Sep 2001, 21:56
AirScream,

How do Bristol's instrument notes compare to Oxfords?

AirScream
7th Sep 2001, 22:05
Not sure how Bristol compare with Oxford on the Instruments front. I have seen Bristol's notes but not Oxford's yet - I am hoping someone might let me have a look!!

FMC=MC2 Your email has been blocked by admin so message me would ya?

[ 07 September 2001: Message edited by: AirScream ]

SuperTed
7th Sep 2001, 23:14
If you are signed up with Bristol can't they possibly help you any further. As probably you are aware they are very helpful!

Why are you wanting to duplicate the Bristol notes with some more from Oxford? Lets face it they cover the same topics for the same exam. Don't bother. Certain things may be explained differently and perhaps different topics in different amounts of depth. If I was you I would opt for more specalist books on the market which go deeper than that required for the JAA ATPL. These specalist books are not intended to be read from cover to cover, just dip in and select what you want to know about such as tachos etc.