PDA

View Full Version : Liability insurance for South America

DPeterson3
16th Jan 2012, 07:05
I'm hoping to tour around SA for a while this year, but having little luck in getting insurance. Some of the US brokers are suggesting I find coverage with a South American insurance company. Can anyone recommend a broker or insurance company that will cover a non-commercial GA N-reg aircraft on flights to and through various SA countries?

supermoix
20th Jan 2012, 23:10
No need to use a South American insurance insurer, your broker might have not experience with international ops insurance and he's misguiding you (most likely unwillingly) or simply can't inure you within their scope of business.

Call this company: Wings Insurance (http://www.wingsinsurance.aero/) They have insured "N" registered airplanes for us with worldwide coverage, they might help you.

You don't need insurance for every country you plan to fly around central/south america and the Caribbean, a comprehensive regional coverage is sufficient. The only country that i know that uses an additional policy to fly within the country is Mexico, and that one is an easy one to obtain.

Hope it helps.