View Full Version : Evidence of harm done by circadian rhythms disruption

whackthemole
15th Jan 2012, 11:40
Research just published January 10th at Oregon State University (OSU) provides evidence for the first time that disruption of circadian rhythms can clearly cause accelerated neurodegeneration, loss of motor function and premature death.

"When the biological clock begins to fail, rhythms that regulate cell function and health get disrupted, and we now know that this predisposes the brain to neurodegeneration," said Jadwiga Giebultowicz, an OSU professor of zoology, member of the OSU Center for Healthy Aging Research and project leader. "But that neurodegeneration, in turn, may cause more damage to the clock function.

Now combine a career of ULH with the same amount of years breathing the Hong Kong smog and all the money in the world won't save you.

Journal Reference:
Natraj Krishnan, Kuntol Rak****, Eileen S. Chow, Jill S. Wentzell, Doris Kretzschmar, Jadwiga M. Giebultowicz. Loss of circadian clock accelerates aging in neurodegeneration-prone mutants. Neurobiology of Disease, 2011; DOI: 10.1016/j.nbd.2011.12.034

crewsunite
15th Jan 2012, 12:03
Mix in
Audio Damage
EMF - Damage
Radiation
Cockpit Air / environment - Pressurization , Ozone, Dryness
Stress of maybe having a Major Emergency around the corner (Lith Batteries)

TOGA/FLEX
15th Jan 2012, 12:24
...lack of lust....:{

thrustpig
15th Jan 2012, 12:46
Some EU based employers now get shift workering employees to sign waivers in their contracts from legal action due to increased risk of cancer and other life shortening conditions linked to sleep pattern disturbance.

Oval3Holer
15th Jan 2012, 16:28
Are we "neurodegeneration-prone mutants?"

sorvad
15th Jan 2012, 18:59
So you'll be leaving then?

whackthemole
16th Jan 2012, 00:26
So you'll be leaving then?

No way. With no kids or dependents this suits me just fine. Where else could I make this kind of money? Live fast and die fast. But at least I lived.

Oval3Holer
16th Jan 2012, 06:46
You call sitting in an aluminium tube for 7 hours at a stretch just so you can click off the autopilot and pull back slightly on the yoke or stick LIVING FAST?

Boy, you have low expectations!

geh065
16th Jan 2012, 07:10
A smidgen off the speed of sound for 7hrs in a row sounds fast to me!!