PDA

View Full Version : EASA re-issue of licence ?

pipertommy
14th Jan 2012, 16:40
would i be correct in saying any licence surrendered for re-issue will cancel out any expired ratings ie IR and ME ? I plan to renew these in the future but have no need to renew at the moment. So would this mean my new EASA licence without say an ME rating mean i have to complete the whole course again? even though it's just expired? Hopefully i'm completely wrong.

BEagle
14th Jan 2012, 17:12
No, it just means that when you complete renewal requirements, you'll have to send the whole licence back to the CAA for any renewed qualifications to be re-entered.

Which will cost both money and time.....:(

pipertommy
14th Jan 2012, 18:49
Cheers BEagle. I just love this EASA :ugh:

Whopity
15th Jan 2012, 08:50
There is no requirement to surrender a licence for re-issue; you simply apply for a new one.

Under EASA a rating that has not been used for 5 years will be removed; one wonders if they will send for the licence to remove it! It also makes one wonder how they will administer IRs that have not been revalidated for say 5 years, it will disappear from the licence, but for the purpose of gaining an ATPL it is valid for 7 years from the last revalidation!

pipertommy
15th Jan 2012, 09:57
Exactly, I dont fly ME a/c (FI on SEP) but may in the future if oppportunity was there. I dont want have complete a ME rating from scratch.
The durations dont match up with IR considerations!

Whopity
15th Jan 2012, 11:17
I dont want have complete a ME rating from scratchIf you exceeded 5 years, it should just be training as required to pass the theory and practical tests as it is now.

BillieBob
16th Jan 2012, 12:38
Under EASA rules, refresher training is required before renewal of an expired class or type rating. In the case of an MEP rating expired for longer than 3 years, "the applicant should again undergo the training required for initial issue of the rating" The competent authority should require evidence of the refresher training having been completed when renewal is applied for. [AMC1 FCL.740(b)(1)].

The same requirement to again complete the initial course applies also to an IR that has expired by more than 7 years [AMC1 FCL.625(c)]

mad_jock
16th Jan 2012, 18:47
So my MEP rating has been gone to the wind for 8 years now.

If I wanted it back would I have to do the whole of the MEP course again even though I am doing 700 hours a year in a twin turboprop.