PDA

View Full Version : EK family travel?

McNulty
14th Jan 2012, 14:53
Can any current EK pilots give me the low down on family travel benefits?

If I was living in Dubai (single FO) is it a straight forward process to book family members on flights? I see on the emirates website that immediate family members get two id90 tickets - is this 90% discount and is it two each or two total?

Any info appreciated thanks!!

BigGeordie
14th Jan 2012, 16:22
It is 2 each and it is a 90% discount of the full fare, plus all taxes. "Immediate family" is parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters and, for the married, parents-in-law. These are standby tickets- if the flight is full they don't travel. The predicted and booked loads can be checked online.

The tickets are booked on the internet and the cost deducted from your salary. It is very straightforward.

Wizofoz
14th Jan 2012, 16:23
It's two each, plus firm space at 50%, though if they release 50% tickets (Cat C) on a flight, it probably means they are predicting it won't be full anyway.

Booking is straightforward using the company web-site.

Getting on a flight on most popular routes is a problem though, particularly any where near a holiday.

Where would your relos be flying from?

Mr Good Cat
14th Jan 2012, 17:18
plus firm space at 50%, though if they release 50% tickets (Cat C)

Mr GC's Top Tip of the week:

If you're booking an economy Cat C fare then don't - go for a Cat 99 Special Offer. They're ALWAYS cheaper and always available if Cat C seats are available. The only downside is there is a fee for changing dates/flights.

:ok:

McNulty
14th Jan 2012, 19:55
Where would your relos be flying from?

they would be flying from that airport really close to the ryanair hq building ;)

leeds 65
14th Jan 2012, 21:14
Ah the new RYR hq destination emirates have just started. Daily service with 2 A330's possibly ?

Nice to see emirates catering to the needs of their staff members.Jesus those flights will be full of id90's ! :ok:

Loads of guys will be bidding for the route so they can operate the aircraft and be 'home' for a night.

The more the merrier

lospilotos
15th Jan 2012, 04:20
Iīm 100% sure that the representative on the road show I attended mentioned that in addition to the family members you could nominate 5 extra persons that could enjoy concession travel. I have not seen that anywhere in the paperwork. Was this just empty talk or something thatīs changing?

Wizofoz
15th Jan 2012, 04:36
It's not something I've heard of at all. Would be nice, but don't hold your breath.

Mr Good Cat
15th Jan 2012, 05:53
Iīm 100% sure that the representative on the road show I attended mentioned that in addition to the family members you could nominate 5 extra persons that could enjoy concession travel. I have not seen that anywhere in the paperwork. Was this just empty talk or something thatīs changing?

I think the recruiter is a little confused with the Cat C WE (wider eligibility) policy.

Basically, you can buy tickets for members of your extended family (e.g. step-brother, sister-in-law etc) using the Cat C WE scheme whereby seats are released on flights with low predicted loads. You can only book them on the INTRAnet computers at EGHQ or SZR and you have to tick a box declaring that you are telling the truth and not fiddling them. No documentary proof is required.

Cabin Crew use this scheme to bring friends out to Dubai and declare them as cousins. Whether you do the same is at your own risk. I'm not sure of the penalty.:oh:

Aussie
15th Jan 2012, 06:32
2 each you say... but is that 2 single sectors or..?

As if if your parents wanted to travel from Aus to EU, through Dubai, could they do it, or is MEL-DXB-ZRH counted as 2 trips?

Cheers

Wizofoz
15th Jan 2012, 06:43
Two return trips anywhere on the network including flights that hub through Dubai or elsewhere.

MrMachfivepointfive
15th Jan 2012, 14:21
With seniority you collect a given number of Service Related Concession tickets per annum. Those are free (except taxes) and can be used for immediate family as well.

Instant Hooligan
15th Jan 2012, 15:54
1 Ticket can include upto 4 sectors.

McNulty
15th Jan 2012, 16:49
Pretty cool....thanks for the info.

saywhat
16th Jan 2012, 02:15
1 Ticket can include up to 4 sectors.

I think I have read somewhere that one ticket can be up to 6 sectors (3 out three back). Don't quote me though. The tickets also do not have to tie up, for example you can book SYD-DXB-LHR...make your own way to JFK and then route JFK-DXB-SYD.

Aussie
16th Jan 2012, 10:34
Thanks for the info guys :ok: