PDA

View Full Version : An aspiring airline pilot from Nigeria

flywithme1
14th Jan 2012, 14:30
Am an aspiring airline pilot from Nigeria. I will like to know if I can get a sponsor to assist me with my training fund. The fee are bit expensive and wont let that hinder my dream in becoming a successful airline pilot.

Will be glad if I can get some information on it.
Thanks.....Over and out.

4_blues
14th Jan 2012, 14:55
Go on then... I'll throw the troll a steak! Suggest you post here, Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies-14/) or failing that at least look at the forum your posting in; 'Private Flying'.

I thought new member's posts had to be reviewed & approved by a moderator? :confused:

patowalker
14th Jan 2012, 14:59
...Over and out. says it all.

TopBunk
14th Jan 2012, 15:08
Well, it's a bit different from the usual Nigerian 419 scams - at least he is asking for your money up front:\

englishal
14th Jan 2012, 15:21
Please send me your bank details, full information and pin codes and I will deposit some money into your account. I was left $23,000,000,000 by Colonel Gadaffi's wife and I need to get rid of it before the tax man catches me.

Thanking you in advance your gracious honor.

Rgds

Halfbaked_Boy
14th Jan 2012, 15:38
flywithme1,

Welcome to aviation ^^^ :rolleyes:

I'll try to provide the first constructive reply, and assume your post is legitimate.

Aviation is a strange business, and in 95% of cases requires you to separate with vast sums of your own, hard earned money.

Do you have A levels or the equivalent in your country? In Europe there are several schemes operated, although most (if not all) require you to have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU (European Union). These schemes, however, will still require you to put your money upfront, with the moderate possibility of a job at the end of your training.

My suggestion - go to university, study hard and perform well. Make that degree work for you and find employment in that field if you can. Something that you enjoy, asides from flying? You're best bet is to make a five or ten year plan, and set an aim for how much money you will have in your account at the end of that period, and stick to it.

It's a long, drawn out way, but you don't want to be getting older and still no closer to your dream. And unfortunately, the pilot training and employment industry is in such a state as it stands now, that money is possibly the most important factor in training and securing employment as a pilot. Skill as a pilot, and personality, comes second in my experience.

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

Gomrath
14th Jan 2012, 23:05
I think you have an answer. Closing this thread now.