PDA

View Full Version : MAS pilot

Wedcue
12th Jan 2012, 12:43
Caught with 5kg of meth at Sydney airport.

Thats a touch risky!

Malaysian Airlines pilot arrested with 5kg of methamphetamine | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/pilot-arrested-with-5kg-of-meth-in-suitcase/story-e6frfq80-1226242941558)

Flying Mechanic
12th Jan 2012, 17:28
he will be lucky if he does time in an Oz prison.....because if he gets sent back to Malaysia its the death sentence!

flyingfox
12th Jan 2012, 19:07
He'll probably apply for asylum then!?

parabellum
12th Jan 2012, 19:47
Back in the nineties a Singaporean steward smuggled some drugs into Australia and got caught, served time in Oz and and then applied for and got asylum.

Arnold E
12th Jan 2012, 20:31
Caught with 5kg of meth at Sydney airport.

I'm not really knowledgable on the drug scene, but that amount is a fair bit isn't it??

Wally Mk2
12th Jan 2012, 20:52
This guy is both smart & dumb. He's smart enough to know that dealing in drugs in Oz is too easy penalty wise so does his dealings where he's less likely to get properly punished,Aussie law makers are as much as at fault as he is! Dumb though for being involved in the first place!

Send him back DOD, Death On delivery!:ugh:

Wmk2

framer
12th Jan 2012, 20:58
Depending on who you buy it from it can be as high as $900 a gram on the street.

framer
12th Jan 2012, 21:02
Send him back DOD, Death On delivery

A while back I would have thought that statement was probably too harsh.

Now, having watched what meth does to a normal family from not too greater distance, I feel we need to be way way tougher than we have been on anyone involved with class A drugs.

27/09
12th Jan 2012, 21:16
I would bring back the death sentence for these guys, though the death sentence is far too kind considering the sentence they have helped inflict on the users and the users families.

VH-ABC
12th Jan 2012, 21:40
Has this bloke single handedly screwed us all over? I can see increased screening for tech crew now.

Send him home. Waste no time, or money, on him.

Ngineer
12th Jan 2012, 21:52
he will be lucky if he does time in an Oz prison.....because if he gets sent back to Malaysia its the death sentence!

Or even worse........ DAMP training!!:eek:

Worrals in the wilds
12th Jan 2012, 22:01
I'm not really knowledgable on the drug scene, but that amount is a fair bit isn't it?? Hell yeah. Put it this way, in NSW 3 grams is deemed to be a traffickable supply, ie a commercial quantity. 5 kilos is a lot of meth. :eek:

It's relatively unusual to hear of tech crew getting busted for trafficking. This guy appears to be a pro: "The AFP have been investigating Supramaniam, a Malaysian national, since August when he allegedly delivered 1.4kg of heroin to a man at a Sydney hotel on August 7. That man was arrested and charged".

You don't just rock up with that quantity of narcotics and flog it off to your friends. Nor can you buy the stuff by the 5kg bag at a market stall in Asia unless you know the right people. Presumably he has connections to one of the multi national criminal networks that provide these products and either 1. owes them money or 2. saw a quick buck in it. Either way, the fat's in the fire now.

Now, having watched what meth does to a normal family from not too greater distance, I feel we need to be way way tougher than we have been on anyone involved with class A drugs. Agreed, or do something that works, anyway. Meth's a **** of a drug. I didn't realise people were importing it though; I thought most of it was made locally. :confused:

Captain Dart
12th Jan 2012, 22:03
....yeah, CASA can send him another 'DAMP calendar', you know, the one they sent to every pilot in Australia with months missing and days wrong?

Being a good Muslim he would also appreciate the 'bolded' Fridays.

Icarus2001
13th Jan 2012, 00:09
so does his dealings where he's less likely to get properly punished That makes no sense. He presumably arrived in Oz from Malaysia so "his dealings" were also done where there was a death penalty. Singapore hangs almost one person a fortnight but crime still goes on, however the reoffending rate is low.:ok:

smiling monkey
13th Jan 2012, 00:33

Judging by his name, he's most probably a Malaysian of South Indian background and therefore not a Muslim.

antheads
13th Jan 2012, 01:15
yes bring back the death penalty to oz, because that works in malaysia :ugh:. Ice is avaible in malaysia and singapore too from the concierge in 5 star hotels, in clubs etc just like in oz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LayaGk0TMDc

Something for you to ponder mate.. Goverment regulation of a medical and social issue is not open slather legalisation.

roxar
13th Jan 2012, 05:46
I wonder if u this guy using his brain properly..:ugh::ugh:
:E