View Full Version : MD90

Flathatter
26th Nov 2001, 16:30
There´s a post in the ¨Questions¨ forum about SAS MD90 pitch oscillations. Seems to be a problem that has long been ignored. Anybody know why they don´t fix it?

pulse1
26th Nov 2001, 19:47
Flathatter,

Are you suggesting that the pitch oscillation I asked about is not due to wave?
If not, surely this would not be a problem unique to SAS? I'm booked to fly on SK 524 to ESGG tomorrow so I would be interested to know. You seem to be suggesting that there is a lonstanding pitch oscillation problem with SAS MD90's.

I should add that I am not particularly bothered about it but am interested. I am more bothered about being left stranded again by SAS in ESGG,to discover how appalling SAS customer service is. :(

Payscale
26th Nov 2001, 21:51
Just been in FRA with an MD90, as pax. Felt the same thing. VERY unpleasent. With 6000+ hours in the book I have never experienced an aircraft with these tendencies. Sell the darn thing anytime soon...

Flathatter
27th Nov 2001, 14:46
No cause for alarm. Apparently it´s only a couple of the 90´s that are affected. And apparently it´s just a matter of the autopilot and the trim switch not talking to each other properly. The porpoising can easily be remedied by disconnecting the a/p, make a slight trim adjustment manually, then reconnect the a/p. Problem is the boys up front don´t notice it nearly as much as the pax in the back. So should this happen to you again, ask a hostie to tell the skipper that you´re getting seasick back there and please trim the #$% &%$# plane.

Kaptein Max
27th Nov 2001, 15:42
Flathatter- the pax must tell the c/a to tell the skipper when to trim the plane, and this is no cause for alarm? Are the pax briefed on this? :)

SE-DTH
28th Nov 2001, 02:24
How much does it move around then, and at what rate?

Payscale
28th Nov 2001, 16:39
Enough to make my date airsick....not very impressing! Why not just install trim knops in each seat.....boy what funny landings we would have :D