PDA

View Full Version : question on flying in argentina

guilherme18us
10th Jan 2012, 19:21
Hello guys im looking on picking up a gig flying a plane down to argentina from florida, its a ferry flight. My question is do i have to land in buenos aires first before continuing down south to pigue. I was told I could do customs there but im not finding any airports around that area that i can do customs in. I have ferryed a few planes down to brazil already this past year and I am a brazilian citizen. Just looking to get some insight on the correct procedures into argentina. thanks

leondelfierro
11th Jan 2012, 01:37
Try San Fernando (SADF) in the northern part of BUE, now they have just (finally) reopened as intl GA airport, though intl flights are subject to a 10 min flow control, PSA, Aduanas, Sanidad de Fronteras, AA2000 are together and close by, you can solve all your stuff in around 45 mins or less.
Don't even think about Aeroparque (SABE), they might charge you up to U$500 only to make the airport intl since is domestic only, and you mus do it trough the FBO's based there in case you want. Last time i went in there was for the Eliminatorias soccer game, and we ended up paying around u$3000 for handling and stuff.
Ezeiza (SAEZ) might be a good alternate but customs processing might be quite lenghty since everything is too far away.

( may be you want to check if Rosario (SAAR) fits your trip too, easy one stop for paper handling, Avgas and Jet-A, and no Intercargo :E)

Good luck:ok:

guilherme18us
11th Jan 2012, 03:47
Anything close to pigue ?.. So lets say I land in rosario, and get customs done there. Do they require any special authorization to fly in argentina itself other than the fact that i'm a licensed faa pilot flying a november plane. Do you know the landing fees at san fernando or where I can find this information. It looks like it might be in between san fernando or rosario thanks bud appreciate the help...:ok:

leondelfierro
11th Jan 2012, 15:57
In that case Mar del Plata MDP which is 240NM east of Pigüe, may fit your needs too, never been there, but a friend wen there in a CJ1, ended up paying around U$2000 with a handler, that eases a lot the process.

I don't know what you'll be flying, but been looking receipts in Rosario for a BE9L flight, and you can expect to spend around $150- 200, think U$50 for Customs, U$50 for Sanidad, U$70 for ANAC's Proteccion al vuelo (can be variable in this case was a flight departing from SADF via SAAR to SCEL), U$20 for ramp use and day landing, and AA2000 fees for around U$15.

Proteccion al vuelo would be charged to you in a per mile basis, on your first landing airport taking in consideration the route flown, then to leave you have to prepay your route.

To fly inside argentina with N acft and license (we do it all the time) you don't need anything but a "Certificado de libre platica" which is a sanitary document that basically says you've been inspected AND your insuranse policy

PM me if needed:ok:

guilherme18us
12th Jan 2012, 22:06
thanks my friend i'll let you know if i have any questions !!