PDA

View Full Version : Is the ATPL theory manuals going to be updated?

kaptn
10th Jan 2012, 12:50
All
I was wondering if the ATPL theory manuals will be updated with the recent EASA/JAA changes?
Thx

paco
10th Jan 2012, 13:17
I would imagine so. The JAA/EASA don't publish manuals the same way the FAA do - that's left to the schools concerned.

fwjc
10th Jan 2012, 13:21
I am aware that CATS have updated their manuals and online content to accommodate the new syllabus.

I am sure that other schools will have made / be making the necessary amendments. I believe some are teaching new syllabus right now.

paco
10th Jan 2012, 17:32
Indeed, we have been for some time.

kaptn
11th Jan 2012, 14:07
Any idea how much is the diffrence between the new & old manuals...old ones should be cheaper...when I say old, I mean before JAA/EASA changes..

Proximity
11th Jan 2012, 21:02
I did the EASA exams but studied from the old books. Most of the material is still there, just moved to different exams, or not duplicated. For example, in General Nav they have removed PET/PSR and IRS questions as they have already been covered in Flight Planning and Instruments. You can use the learning objectives as a guide for what you should study.

helimutt
11th Jan 2012, 23:11
So all of the old IR and ATPL helicopter study material sat on my shelf, which I was going to sell off is now obsolete?

Oh well, could have made a few quid, but never mind. It'll help light my bonfire.