PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anyone at the MOD fire establishment at Manston.. Because

NutLoose
10th Jan 2012, 11:34
Not cool..... Seems they are getting some nocturnal visitors

Report - Nimrod MR2-Manston MOD defence fire training & development centre - UK Urban Exploration Forums (http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=67731)

BOAC
10th Jan 2012, 12:31
Gulp! Security nice and tight? Thank the Lord the battery was 'flat'.

Avionker
10th Jan 2012, 13:07
And interestingly enough the user named "Oxygen thief" on that website goes by the same name on Airmech, where he's an Administrator....

TheWizard
10th Jan 2012, 14:43
Being 'Out of Bounds' doesn't seem to matter to these guys!

Report - raf coningsby weapons store - UK Urban Exploration Forums (http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=58450)

We where told that if we hadnt have exited m they would have sent in dogs.....and then men with guns

Managed to have a sneaky wander down this place the other day seams as its not too far from Horncastle, reakon its worth a good look around if you stealth it, theres alot of operations going on on the RAF base runway due to Libya so there is less patrols of this place so maybe worth it

Yeah, good idea to go 'stealthing' around an operational station with live armed guard force!! :ugh:

Oxygen Thief
10th Jan 2012, 15:16
Avionker, It could be that there is more than one person who the user name appealed to.

Avionker
10th Jan 2012, 18:38
Avionker, It could be that there is more than one person who the user name appealed to.

That is, of course, a possibility. However as the Oxygen Thief on Airmech has a link to that particular website as his "signature" on all his posts, I drew the conclusion that they are in fact the same person...

mmitch
10th Jan 2012, 18:47
As I have posted elsewhere. What if the culprit had come 'face to face' with a M.O.D. guard dog?
mmitch.

Roadster280
10th Jan 2012, 19:01
He'd have had his arm savaged?

NutLoose
10th Jan 2012, 19:09
Well if he is face to face with it he will be on all fours, let's hope it's not feeling randy....... On the other hand. :E

MightyGem
10th Jan 2012, 20:17
I take it that the Weapons Store at Coningsby isn't used much these days?

downsizer
11th Jan 2012, 08:09
Not the one they looked at....:rolleyes:

Lancasterman
12th Jan 2012, 14:26
Avionker, It could be that there is more than one person who the user name appealed to. [Avionker]That is, of course, a possibility. However as the Oxygen Thief on Airmech has a link to that particular website as his "signature" on all his posts, I drew the conclusion that they are in fact the same person...
Oh epic fail there mate!:D

trumlow
12th Jan 2012, 14:51
Lancasterman - I think the epic fail is upon those that could not see the tongue-in-cheek nature of Oxygen Thiefs reply on here :p

MightyGem
12th Jan 2012, 16:37
Not the one they looked at..
Thanks...:rolleyes:

downsizer
12th Jan 2012, 16:40
Thanks...:rolleyes:

My pleasure...:rolleyes:

P6 Driver
12th Jan 2012, 18:43
Someone on that site put a report up about how they "blagged" their way in to an aircraft museum for a look around. Impressive in their world perhaps, but the museum was actually open and a member of staff gave his permission to go around! The write-up gave the impression it was like stealing the Crown Jewels.

Not everyone on their site is able to become a rocket scientist.

ShyTorque
12th Jan 2012, 19:07
Not everyone on their site is able to become a rocket scientist.

Nor this one........ :8

:)

UAV689
12th Jan 2012, 21:04
Hope they are not going to set fire to that nimrod soon at the fire training est. It's in far to good nick

ZH875
12th Jan 2012, 21:10
Hope they are not going to set fire to that nimrod soon at the fire training est. It's in far to good nick

They might as well do, there is little requirement for Nimrod Spares these days,:sad:

Duncan D'Sorderlee
12th Jan 2012, 21:36
ZH875,

I'm sure that Elvington, Bruntingthorpe and Coventry would all be interested in any spares that Manston had available.

I suspect that if Manston planned to burn it you may have heard on crew intercom 'Button. No Air Valve.' :E

Duncs:ok:

NutLoose
13th Jan 2012, 00:03
Believe it is taxyable

The Old Fat One
13th Jan 2012, 05:42
Believe it is taxyable

Nope. No food in galley.