PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Modular Cadet Scheme

nigel1990
9th Jan 2012, 15:01
Hello guys,

Recently graduated from my pilot training with a fATPL via the modular route. I have been invited for selection onto the British Airways Modular Cadet Scheme. I have an interview at Cranebank on Tuesday 7th February. Is there any information anyone can give me!!! HELP!!!

SmilingKnifed
9th Jan 2012, 15:49
Post one so I'll play nicely! ;)

You'll find plenty in the two DEP threads in this forum (despite trawling through some chaff to do so). There's also probably a fair bit in Wannabes.

The rest will have to come from you. Good luck.

nigel1990
9th Jan 2012, 15:56
Thanks a lot but I've looked there, thats for a DEP scheme. I have been invited to the Modular Cadet Scheme and as I am aware, only 20 others have been invited. It would be useful if others that have been invited would post on this and maybe we can all meet up before the interview and become accustomed?

cptdivz
9th Jan 2012, 16:15
pardon my ignorance, but is this a wind up? Which modular scheme? Can you provide us with a link/more information on the scheme and somebody may be able to help?

regards

nigel1990
9th Jan 2012, 16:28
No Sir, not a wind-up. Captain Mark Mannering-Smith is incharge of the scheme. There is no official information online about it as it is a closed scheme but as I said, 20 others had been invited for interview from what I had been told by British Airways Pilot recruitment last Thursday and I wanted to hear from them.

I have also been told that the interview will be the same as those who underwent the British Airways SSP program that was run a few years back for FTE and OAA cadets. So if any of these pilots are available, it would be most useful to hear what is expected of interviewees on the day.

Bealzebub
9th Jan 2012, 18:30
You are right, you do need help!

I wonder how many bites you will get? ;)

Superpilot
9th Jan 2012, 18:37
haha
bl**dy
haaa!

wiggy
9th Jan 2012, 18:41
Looks like April 1st is early this year.

mad_jock
9th Jan 2012, 18:49
It is quite funny, and it would be hillarious if it were true.

Even if its was true and you did get taken on there would be quite a few not very happy people who would sabotage any chance of any of you making it through to the line. Just like they did last time they took some modular pilots on.

Bealzebub
9th Jan 2012, 22:54
I think you will find that what that poster was alluding to, was with regards to CTC wings cadets being eligible for future FPP placements (these having now completely replaced the old SSP programme). That being that only pilots who have completed the bonded system through APL would have access to BA as a low-hour cadet. CTC Wings pilots could have access to BA's FPP subject to their performance in training and the airline's recruitment requirements, should they wish to consider a career with BA. The suggestion was that CTC Wings pilots could make up any additional requirement because only those cadets go through the bonded system.

Desert Strip Basher
10th Jan 2012, 06:50
Bealzebub....errrr....that's not what the poster is saying at all and I'm pretty sure you'll find it's a wind up. If a CTC Wings ATP student had been put forward before one of the integrated parent pocket pinching brothers there would be hell to pay though I stand to be corrected. By the way, your constant long-winded rants about the benefits of the glossy FTO's and integrated training at any opportunity is really starting to get a bit tiresome.......what's in it for you??

Bealzebub
10th Jan 2012, 07:27
DSB, possibly a lack of clarity on my part, but the poster I was referring to was the one in direct response to the previous post that fate hunter was alluding to when he said: An earlier poster on the FPP thread stated that CTC had claimed that the only other route into BA was top-up through their integrated route. Not what nigel1990 was clearly trying to wind up people with, which is why my direct response to his post was: I wonder how many bites you will get? Perhaps that provides a better perspective?

By the way, your constant long-winded rants about the benefits of the glossy FTO's and integrated training at any opportunity is really starting to get a bit tiresome.......what's in it for you??

Well, I take on board your critique, and suggest you avoid the induced fatigue of reading them. A moderator on this very forum spent many years referring to the: relentless march of the Zombie army. I don't know whether that is a fair appraisal or not, but in providing a qualified, supportive and meaningful response, it is sometimes difficult to do that without being both repetitive and quite possibly tiresome. On a subject matter than I can give a qualified and experienced history and opinion on, it would seem to me that you are not paying for the content, or being forced to read it, so ignore it or come back with something better than a misread quote and a a fairly vacuous one liner.

what's in it for you?? The satisfaction of thinking the advice (which I always qualify and hence the lack of brevity perhaps,) might actually help somebody in formulating a sensible decision, however they choose to utilize it. Other than that... Nothing!

In fact, if I may quote you. On the 02nd April 2011 you stated:
I think Clanger pulls it together well there. Sometimes I read Bealzebubs comments and wonder if he's affiliated in any way with an integrated scheme (I'm sure that's not the case however). Tempered with Clangers response I think overall it's quite balanced.

Thank you.

Kaneapua
10th Jan 2012, 09:02
Bealzebub - I think you are one of the most helpful and honest guys on this foum. I appreciated your posts through the BA FPS and it is refreshing to see someone look at the FTEs objectively and see the benefits they actually offer.

kingofkabul
10th Jan 2012, 10:02
BB is a cleary an experienced pilot who knows the training industry well. His/her comments about CTC and integrated training are factual and deviod of the usual emotive rubbish that some others on here post. As such I would imagine most wanabees take his/her comments on board when looking at training options. It is good to have a balance of opinions for the pros/cons and career expectations of taking either the modular or integrated approach to training. BB helps provide this.

Back on topic I also suspect this is a wind up. The aforementioned Captain was not involved in recruitment last time I checked, and was an SFO not a Captain, but my information may be out of date.

nigel1990
10th Jan 2012, 12:38
Please can everybody stop posting complete and utter sh&t that is of no worth to me whatsoever.

I have an interview and as such created this thread for the purpose of assisting myself and others in my position who had been invited for assessment onto the British Airways Modular Cadet Program.

I am not asking for people's judgements and opinions on modular training or this program being run by British Airways. Everyone knows that integrated training is of a higher standard on the whole in comparison to the modular route... BUT please do not discuss this in this thread.

Please can future posters be helpful and not a hindrance.

jhr187
10th Jan 2012, 12:41
How did you wangle an invite to this 'secret' scheme Nigel?

skyways1452
10th Jan 2012, 14:05
Nigel,

For the rest of us trying to climb the greasy pole, where did you graduate from that was able to open doors to this unadvertised scheme?

nigel1990
10th Jan 2012, 14:16
The scheme was offered to me through my FTO. I'd rather not say any more.

Again... I am asking for information about an SSP interview not the DEP interview.

go around flaps15
10th Jan 2012, 14:27
Thats the funniest thing I have seen here in a while.

Starve the Troll.

Paperplanes89
10th Jan 2012, 15:43
Does anyone have any info on the Virgin Atlantic Modular Cadet Program? Richard sent me an invite yesterday. :ok:

Andy_20
10th Jan 2012, 16:13
PP89:ok: haha

Nigel, if you're not going to tell anyone on here what your FTO is then you shouldn't be expecting other people in the same boat as you to help you out. I think you're talking nonsense, seeing as you are the only person to of heard of such a scheme. Prove me wrong.

Also, i completely disagree in what you said about integrated schools providing higher quality. BS, I know of integrated students who scrape by and are happy with that as they are living of mummy and daddys purse string, then i know modular students who work and study and get much better results.

In I'm honest opinion i think this thread is a complete joke. Who do you work for?

Andy_20
11th Jan 2012, 07:48
"Everyone knows that integrated training is of a higher standard on the whole in comparison to the modular route."

Just had to re-read this line. You are so deluded. :bored:

Bore-off now please. :cool:

Poose
11th Jan 2012, 12:00
I don't know about you guys... but Richard Branston has just called me for interview.

Apparently, he's taking time out from making his pickle and being a professional 'Xmas jumper wearer' to come and collect me in person... :hmm:

fwjc
13th Jan 2012, 22:08
If only it were true...

Shuttle 3 Whiskey
14th Jan 2012, 09:19
Michael O'Leary is paying for my FR Type Rating :D

wiggy
14th Jan 2012, 11:12
I suspect like others I've checked around in the usual places ;) had a few conversations and I agree with the likes of Sawadee: there's no such thing as a course or scheme labelled " British Airways Modular Cadet Scheme". However (without going into specifics) at least one detail the OP came up with in one of his posts would only be known by someone in BA or with connections with the company.

As I see it if the OP really has been called for interview it's not for a place on a course called the "British Airways Modular Cadet Scheme". If the OP is trolling then he's well informed, OTOH if he's been duped then it's been done by somebody who is reasonably well informed about BA.

In any event - Nigel1990, if you're still reading this thread and genuinely think you have this interview then it might be best to contact someone in recruiting at BA, not at the FTO before heading to Cranebank, just to confirm details.