PDA

View Full Version : How come SAS pilots are so friggin anal?

checkhauler
11th Jun 2001, 13:29
Hey guys, relax it's not combat. Flyin into Newark is not that hard, every time I hear you on radio it sounds like you are about to crap in your pants. Please just relax....

Hung start
11th Jun 2001, 14:17
Jeeez, is that the best you can do for a first post, or did your last username ALSO become too much of an embarresment...?

Now off you go, back to kindergarten!

Juliet November
12th Jun 2001, 05:36
Excellent post there ****hauler, well thought out and extremely productive.

I'd say you have a great future in Human Resources.

Nick Figaretto
12th Jun 2001, 09:04
This has got to be one of the best ways to start a GBS ("General Bull Sh*t")topic. :) :) :)

I see you like bassfishing, 'hauler, you seem to have a pretty large mouth yourself. Or are you just one of those little "crap"pies? :) :) :)

Please just relax...

Nick.

------------------
"I have found that alcohol taken in sufficient quantity produces all the effects of drunkenness."
~ Oscar Wilde

Danish Pilot
12th Jun 2001, 13:43
checkhauler:

Hmmmm, Seems that you are pretty relaxed in the anal region, huh?. Maybe YOU have taken it one to many times up the tailpipe....

Moonbeam Purple
12th Jun 2001, 19:47
checkhauler

might be because european flagcarriers try to minimize the use of bad "yank slang", and instead use standard phraseology.

Moonbeam P.
-------------------
Any ridereports out there today... :rolleyes:

JJflyer
12th Jun 2001, 23:22
Yip very constructive for a first post...

But fellows you have to forgive him since he is just a regular idiot with a bad childhood time sexual frustration.
I presume he had too tight hat or his head was too big for it, only one toy and that was stuck between wall and cupboar. Think his dad regularly beat him with wet socks and his psycologist abused him in horrible, unspeakable ways.

Guess I made my point ;)

JJ

Hung start
13th Jun 2001, 01:14
OK, so now we´ve all said what should be said of such stupidity.

You don´t deserve a serious response Checkhauler, but I´m in a good mood this evening.....These guys are not at all impressed with the way things work at EWR. IF, and I mean IF, they from time to time sound a little anxious, it might be anxiety stemming from having to be in the same airspace as little checkhauling airplanes, combined with controllers that, let me put it mildly, don´t work by the book. There are times when controllers can go off on the tangent without any problems. This, when only local pilots are around. But a controller at London Heathrow would get the boot mighty quickly, if he let his professionalism slip to the levels of his US colleagues. London handles enormous amounts of international traffic, and there just ain´t no place for bs. there.

Trust me. The 767 guys at SAS are used to operating into bigger and busier places than EWR.

KADS
13th Jun 2001, 02:24
Hmm, without doubt, checkhauler is full of **** , but I don't fully agree Hung, with your suggestion that british ATC should be better than american. Having lived in the states and now residing in the UK, I have to give the medal to yanks, easily!
Havin said that, checkhaulers post still stinks of old dog **** ! ;)

Aerosmith
13th Jun 2001, 11:31
Gotta agree with KADS there, Hung. Flown quite a lot in the northeast corridor, and nothing beats ATC on a day where thunderstorms and airplanes compete about the airspace. We are talking about DEP/ARR in to MULTIPLE airports not far apart from eachother.Ask anyone who has flown into JFK/EWR/LGA 5 times a day with 20-40 miles downwind and finallegs, 90% deviating for buildups. This might be intimidating for people unaccostumed with a drawl on the radio. This also goes for the ATL and ORD area for that matter. These guys do a hell of a job. They do it STRICTLY by the FAR book, which might be throwing a few guys off, especially if they learned ICAO phraseology (which differs in a few places!) from listening to tapes in Roskilde, and wasting a lot of energy on morsing.
In our own neck of the woods, NOTHING beats the London ATC.

Hung start
13th Jun 2001, 12:51
KADS and Aerosmith,

You are both right. I was the the one who went off on the tangent there. Reading my own post again, I realise that it didn´t at all come out the way it should have. Despite claiming that I was in a good mood, maybe I was still a little annoyed with Checkhaulers post :) , and took it out on the wrong people. So, before more people (rightously) come down on me, I´d like to explain;

I too have flown in the Northeast US for years. And loved it. ATL,ORD, and the New York area had Hung starts on their ramps on countless occasions those days. I know very well, that the mix of traffic at LGA/JFK/EWR combined with the GA traffic into Teterboro and other GA airports in the NY area, calls for the sharpest controlling skills of anywhere. And I really do hold US ATC in the highest regard. I personally have never been anything less than impressed by what they do. (Now Hung start writes exactly the opposite of what he did in his first post :rolleyes: you say). Well..yes..but although I felt at ease flying anything from C-172 to B200 into mentioned airports, a lot of foreign airline crews are slightly anxious about doing the same. It might be the "drawl" but I doubt that a "drawl" is anything harder to understand than Bangkok English or Tokyo same. But my experience was, that sometimes controllers would revert to what could best be described as "non standard phraseology", non standard as per ICAO or FAR.

Now, London as I used in my first post, also handles traffic into 3 busy airports + a large mix of other traffic flying left and right in London TMA. And I´m always impressed by the fact, that despite the incredible amount of foreign accents on the frequency, very few mix-ups or misunderstandings occur. Looking strictly at ATC/Pilot phraseology, it appears easier, at least in my mind, for any foreign crew to operate into London, than into NY. But hey, it might just be me. I´m sure that US crews have the opposite opinion.

US controllers, please accept my apologies.

dick badcock
14th Jun 2001, 20:37
To all the European pilots reading this thread;

How many times haven't we heard 'Yanks' f**k up radio calls, by missing them all together, or not understanding a word of what is being said that non-english speaking pilots have NO problems understanding...

'What was that next point for [insert your favorite US major here] 123?'
'You are cleared direct to Talla'
'Say again'
'You are cleared to Talla, Tango Alpha Lima Lima Alpha'
'Uh.... OK, cleared to....... Tango Alpha Lima?'
'No. Fly radar heading 295'

Cmon guys, this I heard on the radio just last week. I've heard the Americans are super quick and fast on the RT. This obviously doesn't apply on this side of the Atlantic. Makes for good entertainment, though... ;-)

JJflyer
14th Jun 2001, 22:24
Hmmm. US pilots in EU.

I seem to remeber a DC10 from a big US airline land in Brussels instead of Frankfurt. Crew actually thought they where landing in FRA.

I have heard many US pilots studder in Europe, I can only presume that this is because different procedures and different phraseology. and strange enviroment. likewise I have heard many European pilots ( Especially pilots from South of Brussels ) miss calls and not understand what was happening. Same reasons I think.

JJ

Flathatter
14th Jun 2001, 22:47
Hey checkhauler, kinda funny how easy it is to get a rise out of the guys in this forum, isn´t it?

And for some reason I don´t believe it´s your first post, either. Just a hunch, though.

Fokker-Jock
15th Jun 2001, 03:15
JJflyer, yanks landning on wrong airport ??

I seem to remember SAS a few years back missing an approach to NRK (Norrkøping) and landing on a neighbouring airfield..

But, by the way.. Let's not post any more messages on this thread...

Hi Dick, long Time no see brgds (Marlboroman, pulp fiction)

checkhauler
15th Jun 2001, 04:51
Flathatter,you are right about that. I have been posting here since I did my E-120 course out in Fresno, but for some reason my post count went to zero.

And to rest of you, you gonna have to better than listening to a few tapes in Roskilde if you wanna hang with big boys...

"It's nothing like driving a red Miata"

Temp Hi
15th Jun 2001, 10:05
"the big boys..." - flying E-120 ???

Get a life !!!

JJflyer
15th Jun 2001, 15:07
Yip. Flew that huge EMB-120 some years ago. It was so BIG that I had to climb to my seat over the observer seat that was also a step.
Big boys. Get a grip man. Big is big when you can stand straight under the fuselage. Mind you I can´t do that with the type I am flying now. But soon, very soon :)

That SAS incident. I seem to remeber that. Actually remember a couple of those now. Airports only a few miles apart that I can understand, but 200nm away. Wow.

JJ ;)

Aerosmith
15th Jun 2001, 15:26
JJ, are you saying that both f@cked up, but SAS didn't f@ck up as much as Northwest, so therefore Americans are bigger f@ckups? The distance is the determining factor?
....my willy is bigger than your wilzzzzzzzzz!

Flathatter
15th Jun 2001, 19:05
My guess, and it´s just a guess, is that you can park an E120 underneath Checkhaulers current steed.
But a number of posters in this forum have a real hard time understanding what´s really being said, can´t read between the lines and certainly don´t get a joke.

But that´s why it´s called the Scandinavian Forum, so I´ll just mosey on over to the World.

dick badcock
15th Jun 2001, 20:33
Hi Fokker Jock, ja det var lenge siden! Er faktisk i hjemlandet et par dager, måtte ta ut en LPT2 får å få gyldige SPA rettigheter! Fremtiden er lys!

As far as the NW DC10 that landed in BRU and not FRA it is true! They got confused over the runways (25R/L in both places) Heard about an SAS crew once that all fell asleep on the way to LAX (on DC8 I think). They woke up out over the pacific!

JJflyer
15th Jun 2001, 22:38
No they F@cked up all the same... I am not saying that Americans f@cked up more than Scandis f@cked up but they all did. Including the ones that woke over Pacific, now they where f@cked up allright. See everyone can f@ck up ;)

JJ :)

Danish Pilot
16th Jun 2001, 00:00
Aha, so none of your guys f@uck up??? Is that it?? Yeah right!!!!

That NW DC10 incident, there was a hell of a lot more to it, than just mistaken the rwys. Sure, no excuse of ending up where they did, but please.......!!

The person who doesn't make any mistakes, is not so smart, as He thinks.

Mr moto
17th Jun 2001, 02:18
I think the point is that european crews sound professional and US crews sound like cowboys!

Their RT standard does tend to be rather casual. The last one I heard was getting a slagging-off for not reading back with his callsign. Even by the third time, they hadn't got the point!

And for those getting into the 'size matters' debate. Quit it. It only matters to those who are ignorant of things aeronautical.

Techman
17th Jun 2001, 02:20
Isnt it wonderful how easy it is to get SAS dudes, and those who aspire for that particular airline, to jump into a defensive posture.

Partly why it is one of my favourite subjects.

(Shouldent it be False Start since you are so quick to get off the mark)

TowerDog
17th Jun 2001, 08:57
checkhauler:

If it rubs ya the wrong way having to listen to the International guys in New York's airspace, why don't ya just turn yer radio off?
Or stay on the ground where ya belong.

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

checkhauler
17th Jun 2001, 16:30
Towerdog,

Did you inhale to much second hand smoke from
your japanese colleges, or maybe one to many at Humpy's? Either way it wouldn't be very smart to turn off the radio, would it?

TowerDog
17th Jun 2001, 18:34
Exactly my point checkhauler: You don't come across as the smartest guy, so turning your radios off would be the next step......

Didn't get it, did you?

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

Hung start
18th Jun 2001, 01:45
Flathatter,
Now, what can you read between the lines in checkhaulers post, that nobody else can? Looked pretty straight forward and direct to me.
And if you think that he was/is funny, well then most people don´t laugh at the same things that you do. But that wouldn´t surprise anyone.
Moving on huh? Thank you. You won´t be missed.

Techman,
always knew that you weren´t the smartest around. But read my post again, what offended ya´??

Wish that SAS was flying "FE" airplanes. That way, you could (maybe, but doubt it) get the job of your dreams there. Then you could (maybe, but still doubt it) get a life.
Until your life consists of more than farting in elevators, stirring things up, and seeing SAS folks in defensive postures, please.........off you go. Same way as checkhauler and Flathatter. Jeez, is this the best you can do with your internet time.??

Go***** spelling.
[This message has been edited by Hung start (edited 18 June 2001).]

Techman
20th Jun 2001, 23:39
Offended, me?? I just find it a hoot how easy you guys are.

Why is it that you always assume that the only ambition that people have in life is to work for SAS?. The best thing I ever did was to leave.

That some even found it necessary to reply to Checkhaulers post, speaks for itself.
And kinda makes his point a bit.

P.S. I know the name of a good doctor who can remove the stick.

Hung start
21st Jun 2001, 00:30
That you find it a hoot, says everything about you.
You are a sad case Techman.

Now, get a life.

[This message has been edited by Hung start (edited 20 June 2001).]

Scando
21st Jun 2001, 04:45
Techman,
Professional flight engineer??? As opposed to what? FE wannabes? ROFLMAO!
You ******s attack SAS`ers, while you never see the need to enlighten us about your current employer(s). Why? Why this morbid need to hang around us (the very people you despise so much)? You didn't make it, fair enough. Now, put a sock in it!

Danish Pilot
21st Jun 2001, 10:41
Techman:

"...Offended, me?? I just find it a hoot how easy you guys are...."

Well, try to post "..How come BA pilots, or CX, are so friggin anal..."

I am very sure you will get the same respond.

(If some BA pilots or CX pilots reads this, the above was just an exampel guys, nothing meant by it)

[This message has been edited by Danish Pilot (edited 21 June 2001).]

Open Climb
21st Jun 2001, 19:55
Scando- "You didn't make it" ???? Get real dude. There's nothing wrong with SAS as a company, but that doesn't mean it's every pilots ambition in life to work for them. It's one thing to be proud of the company you work for, quite another to think you're better than everyone else.Nuff said.

Hung start
23rd Jun 2001, 02:18
Open climb,

Scando didn´t say that. Read again. Problem is that he is right......nuff said.

Trust me, Techman is not new in this, his jealousy game...

Techman
23rd Jun 2001, 16:12
Well Scando, they say that ignorance is bliss. So I guess you must be feeling just fine. Keep on rolling.

DP, I am sure that if I wrote the same post as Checkhauler, and then replaced SAS with BA or CX, the first reply would be "Now theres a wind-up if I ever did see one".

You guys take yourself way to seriously.
Relax, or you are gonna fall for it every time.
Just look at Hung Start!, off he went even before the starter gun was loaded. And what happened?, he had to retract nearly everything he said.

By the way Scando, dont keep us all in suspense!!!. Tell me what did I fail?.

And last but not least,
Hung Start, what could you have at SAS that could make me jealous?. I would get more work, less money, a smaller aeroplane and a retirement home in the back.
So I would have to decline on you offer, thanks anyway.

Hung start
23rd Jun 2001, 17:00
Last reply to a thread that doesn´t deserve to even be on a professional pilots forum, thanks to you Techman and checkhauler.

You two seem pretty alone in this silly discussion. Doesn´t that tell you something?? No probably not.

In my first post I merely asked your friend checkhauler to p*** off back to kindergarten. Not very quick off the mark. And nothing to retract.
In the third, I apologised to US controllers for calling them, sometimes, unprofessional in the second post. Didn´t at all retract "almost all" hmmmmmm.

We all know you from the "old SAF" Techman. Nothing better to do, have you?

As one said; " if you hate us so much, why this morbid urge to hang around us" Nuff said!!

Trust me, we have a lot of things in SAS that you are craving. We read you like an open book.

You say that we take ourselves too seriously.....Now, when we call it like it is, as I just did above, and others like scando have done, then why is it that you and checkhauler, come out of your sad little holes, like somebody lit your a**es?? :)?? Funny little thing that is.!!
Does it occur to you now, who´s winding who up?? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Hope that some day, you´ll find some sort of peace and learn to accept, that you can´t win ´em all!

Grow up Techman! :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Hung start (edited 23 June 2001).]

Techman
30th Jun 2001, 20:17
Surely I must now retreat after that most exellent post, which cleary demonstrates superior selective amnesia and chronological disorder.

Cant win 'em all?, what did I lose now?
Please tell.

(By the way I am now available in paperback.)

[This message has not been edited by Techman]

xdc9er
1st Jul 2001, 00:42
Hate to jump into the converstion here guys, but does anybody know about a company called Trans Jet from Sweden , a few of my colleagues are there right now ( Ex Air Aruba ) , any info on the company would be appreciated.

Hung start
1st Jul 2001, 01:03
Techman, check "old" SAF threads if possible, and you´ll see that my memory, at least, is in good order.

Had enough of your childishness. Try and contribute with something on this forum. You´d "sell yourself" a lot better, even in paperback!

Can you please do as you promise, retreat!!

Not going to explain to you my previous post. Was sort´a hoping you would get it!!

Now as somebody said, put a sock on it and get on with life...!

[This message has been edited by Hung start (edited 30 June 2001).]

Techman
1st Jul 2001, 01:46
Are you sure you know yourself what you have said, with all this editing and deleting.

[This message has not been edited or deleted by Techman.]

Hung start
1st Jul 2001, 13:54
Now you sound like a 3 year old. Are these your only arguments????

Some edits for spelling, one for being, on second thoughts, too offensive towards you.

Only shows that some of us, but sadly not you, actually engage brain a little before hitting submit button.

Now, p*** off to kindergarten!

Techman
1st Jul 2001, 18:25
Well, if you engaged your brain before hitting the submit reply button, you wouldnt have to edit or delete your posts, would you?

Are you sure you dont want to edit your last post just a little bit?.

Hung start
1st Jul 2001, 22:47
Most people here don´t need a post explained in detail as much as you do Techman, but for the last time, I´ll do you that favour:

When I deleted posts with faulty spelling and one for being on the rough side, I engaged brain before hitting the submit button for the final time, that is before letting the post stand as it is.. Jeez, you are slower than I ever thought.

Techman
1st Jul 2001, 23:05
Nice try, nearly saved it.

Hung start
1st Jul 2001, 23:53
Pretty good, wasn´t it. Took all out of your reasoning.
If you had arguments, we could actually have had a discussion here. Look what you did instead.

BTW, you pointed out that I was quick off the mark, look at your own 18 mins. :rolleyes: Another complaint of yours down the drains.

Now, off to some interesting discussions, I´ll leave you to bah bah´ing.

Ciao.

Techman
2nd Jul 2001, 05:37
You see, for some reason you think that this is actually a discussion.
Dont you see the red flag that is been waved infront of you all of the time?.
Apparently not. Although it really is a no brainer.

No instead you are using things, previously written, out of context, being less than truthfull and very selective with your memory.
And all along you are being lead around the ring by your nose, like the proverbial bull.

Sure you dont want to edit a bit more, 'cause nearly saved aint pretty good.

TowerDog
2nd Jul 2001, 06:05
Tehcman:

Jeez, what is yer mission here tiger?

I see on yer profile that ya are a PFE?

I thougth PFEs have better things to do then screw with real pilots?

Who edited what and why, etc...???

Ya wanna dance with a bigger Arse Hole than you?

Lets go dancing:

Get lost idiot.

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

Hung start
2nd Jul 2001, 14:39
There you go Techman, another nonSAS pilot, and one who never applied, thinking you´re an idiot.

You admitting that you´re just out to pull people by their nose, really just drives home the point, that it shows more about a lack of intelligence, and a pretty sad life on your part than anything else.

You´ve already excluded yourself from being taking seriously in the future, time to stop making an even bigger fool out of yourself.

Towerdog, thanks. We´ve talked about shortcomings at the SAS recruitment dept. before, and they have, rightfully, taken a beating now and then. But isn´t Techman just a wonderful and prime testimony to the fact, that sometimes they get it exactly right :) :)

Techman
2nd Jul 2001, 16:43
Hung Start, you know very well my history with SAS. So please dont use statements for dramatic effect when you know very well they are not true. Thank you.

Tower Dog, maybe it is a flaw in my personality, but it is just so damn easy to get these guys going. Especially Hung start.

Who is the bigger arse, then one who leads or the one who follows?.

Hung start
2nd Jul 2001, 17:03
Nobody followed you. You were quite alone from the start, except for checkhauler and one more.

Reading all your ballony once more, and knowing your history....I have nothing to retract. Personality flaw, You got that right.....

Ciao.

checkhauler
2nd Jul 2001, 17:05
Why then are they so friggin anal?

Hung start
2nd Jul 2001, 17:22
:)

Techman
2nd Jul 2001, 18:27
Something must have happened in their childhood.
I bet they still look before they flush.

You seems to have followed along just fine, why else would we be here 6-7 post after you declared your last reply.

Come on Hung, all this hinting at me failing the SAS tests must be for public consumption only, since you know otherwise.
You are a clever boy, you must be able to produce something smarter than that.

[This message has been edited and not deleted by Techman for dramatic effect.]

[This message has been edited by Techman (edited 02 July 2001).]

Diesel8
2nd Jul 2001, 18:51
Lige tyndt nok, drenge!

I truly find it hard to believe, that there is any point to this discussions.

Incredibly juvenile, but quite funny.

"Mine IS bigger than yours"

Hung start
2nd Jul 2001, 18:53
No, I don´t know otherwise. Quite the contrary!

You´re right. I´ve got something better to do right now, than to continue mudslinging with you. Need to check if I remembered to flush.

Last piece of advice: Get yourself a new username. And a life!

Techman
2nd Jul 2001, 19:41
Right on Diesel8, it is a pointless exchange of words, which Hung start apparently takes seriously. But as you said it is quite funny.

Oh my, Hung start if you have looked at the old SAF posts, as you said you did, you know you not telling the truth.
Do you really read what other people write, or do you just see what you want to see.

Mine REALLY is bigger than yours.

Hung start
2nd Jul 2001, 23:07
Diesel8,

You´re absolutely correct. This is the sillyist thread I´ve ever indulged in, and can´t say that I´m proud to have participated this long. I wish that I could have been blessed with the ability that so many of you have, to just ignore this kind of nonsense. Ashamed to say that I haven´t, and while blushing visibly, take my 50% responsibility for a most childish bunch of crap!!!!

I have for 400 some posts always tried to have some serious discussions, some more than others, but one thing that I detest, and admit to not having any patience with, is personal attacks, or just degrading comments about people unknown to the poster. Be it a single person, or a group.

I have never ever written anything degrading ( go see for yourself )about any group or company unbeknownst to me.
I have disagreed with many, on many subjects concerning our professional life, but only two people have I really ever gotten into a personal mudslinging match with.
Techman is one of them. Why?
Again, I think of myself as pretty easygoing, but I do detest personal attacks on an anonymous forum. It´s just too damn easy!
Sorry that I took part in it.

Techman, that explanation was also for you.
The seemingly one thing that has kept you coming back to this thread, has been my repeated postulations that you failed the SAS tests. Now, you being a FE, I know very well ( I think) that you haven´t failed them. Because SAS has no airplanes with FE seats in ´em....! But I was merely trying to show you how your own medicine looks. That is, only provoking others for the sake of provocation....! So I lowered myself to the level you started out at. Something that I, once again, am not proud of.

But you started ( sounds childish, I know ), and admitted all along, that winding up ( especially SAS folks ) is great fun to you. Hence I wanted to see how you reacted to the same medicine. And reaction I got. Lawdy!

I mentioned the old SAF threads because you found the same joy in attacking SAS folks back then. Reaction I got, again. Seems you don´t like your own medicine.

But please, lets do as we have both said that we would do. Stop this nonsense now, and ( try to ) lay all this BS behind us. I for sure am not going to spend much more time on this subject. But I´d feel more childish than I already do now, if I hadn´t tried to explain, and ( sort of ) straighten things out between us, before moving on to ( hopefully ) better threads.

Here´s to you; I´ll never learn to understand what makes you say the things that you say/said ( in this thread). But we aren´t going anywhere. Then why continue.
How about we "erase the board"?? I would really like to be able to join another discussion in the future on this forum, and be able to seriously and non biased, discuss professional ( or other) matters with you as a participant.

I´d hate to want to disagree, just because it´s you! Look at the various Singapore threads. Lets not lower the Scandinavian forum to those standards. I´m not just asking you, I´m saying this on my own behalf as well.

Hung start.

Techman
3rd Jul 2001, 00:33
Arhh, now you went and did it.
You really aren't very good at this game, are you. For instance lying is a no no.

See you around.

Ya old buddy Techman.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/Itchscratch.gif

Hung start
3rd Jul 2001, 02:19
Didn´tsay I was lying..just throwing bait at ya´

http://www.animation-central.com/toon/homer1.gif

And boy did you take it...

How could I lie to you, when you know better about your own situation than I possibly could?? Or are you telling me that you were worried about what the others would think??

Come on buddy, bricks and glasshouses!

Here´s a thumbs up to you and I for letting go. Sorry for having spoiled your next couple of days.

Diesel8
3rd Jul 2001, 08:44
Well, happy to see you both agree to disagree. Let that be the end of that.

Some people you just do not hit it off with and while it is a shame, it is also a fact of life.

Sadly, since I think the two of you would get along marvelously after a couple of adult frosted beverages. Then again make it about ten and a couple of shots.

Take care,

D8

fanbelt
3rd Jul 2001, 15:18
Check hauler's mail may be somewhat childish, but I must agree the, SAS lightweights out there in the world are really uptight on the radio. In the middle of the night, somewhere over India or Pak, if I hear a Scandinavian callsign i always say hi in swedish and nine times out of ten no freakin' reply...
Relax boys, LFV is not listening...

Hung start
3rd Jul 2001, 15:28
Might be because Norwegians or Danes are occupying the seats, and that they are so darn tired of controllers all over Europe saying " hej do " (swedish) every time we are handed over. :)

Techman
5th Jul 2001, 03:40
Diesel8, I would NEVER have a beer with Hung start...., unless he pays of course.

Are you working part time work for the U.N.?
Maybe we should call you Medi8or.

As I indicated in my last post I will not reply anymore to Hung on this thread.
But you just gotta love lines like "Didn´tsay I was lying..", http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lol.gif that one just cracked me up.
Or what about "one thing that I detest, and admit to not having any patience with, is personal attacks, or just degrading comments about people unknown to the poster. Be it a single person, or a group.", hmmmmmm someone mentioned a glasshouse a few posts back.
The group is of course a reference to SAS.

I challenge anybody to find any downgrading comments about SAS or persons unknown to me, made by me, on this thread.
And the bit about lying, well look in Websters if anybody is unsure about the definition.

Techman http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/angel3.gif

KADS
5th Jul 2001, 14:11
Hung, it's pretty funny actually. I've often noticed how there is no reply to the "hej då:s", by non-swedish SAS pilots, but wasn't aware that people were that annoyed. Hehe. You need to advertise your 'farvel' a bit more ;)

Hung start
5th Jul 2001, 14:26
Techman, didn´t you just reply :) As I said, no more mud from my side, I´ll just let you think about why so many others on this thread gave you the thumbs down regarding your statements.

KADS, you see, I always try to say good bye/ see ya´ in English or better yet, in the controllers language. Only ( almost ) Swedish and French pilots insist on saying Farvel :) in their own language. If a controller says "hej do" to me, I´m not about to reply in Swedish, being Danish! Funny little thing that is. Ate logo!

Ramrise
5th Jul 2001, 15:09
I myself am pretty annoyed with the "hej do". Being danish I always say "farvel". This works great with Zurich as they have a load of danish controllers. Otherwise it is up to us to spread the word.

Ramrise

[This message has been edited by Ramrise (edited 05 July 2001).]

Techman
8th Jul 2001, 04:52
I will take the lack of response to my little challenge, as proof enough.

Hung start
8th Jul 2001, 13:05
Take it the way you want. I take it, people had enough of this thread. That should explain the lack of responses. To shoot down your " proof ", go back and read what has already been said of you!

Nick Figaretto
9th Jul 2001, 16:26
Kan vi ikke bare gi faen i denne thread'en her, 'a? Jeg tor det meste er sagt... ;)

-Så kan vi heller starte en egen "Hej då" -thread...

Nick

checkhauler
11th Jul 2001, 18:15
Here's the kicker, I have never flown into Newark as a pilot... But with all the responses I got after my first post there is doubt in my mind that SAS pilots are real friggin anal. Loosen up guys...

Hung start
11th Jul 2001, 22:11
Hmmmmmmmm, what to say next to keep it going ehhhh! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[ 11 July 2001: Message edited by: Hung start ]

KADS
11th Jul 2001, 22:59
It is time soon to ask the moderator to close this thread on grounds of patheticness......

Flathatter
13th Jul 2001, 12:08
70+ replies and counting. You all have made checkhaulers point many times over. Congratulations, what a bunch of arses.

Hung start
13th Jul 2001, 17:27
And I guess that your replies count just as much as those other 70 some replies, don´t they Flathead??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My goodness, you are a sad case. Look at your language....grow up!!!!

Techman
15th Jul 2001, 03:47
one thing that I detest, and admit to not having any patience with, is personal attacks, or just degrading comments about people unknown to the poster. Be it a single person, or a group.

See above.

TowerDog
15th Jul 2001, 05:28
Okay guys, it is tit for tat.

Ya both win.

Cloud surfer
15th Jul 2001, 12:26
Somewhere along the line.. (I'd say starting - but not ending - with post number one) the P in PPRuNe was lost.

Let's stop disgracing our profession...

hdaae
4th Aug 2001, 12:01
Well...The US controllers have impressed me, but I have to agree that they like slang. If you have a decent grasp of the english language you will have no problem understanding them, BUT if you thow in ..say...asian cadets training to become Airline pilots, they you got a intresting mix.

Im currently a CFI training cadets for a asian airline, and the cadets have very diciplined study habits. They memorize the radio standards, but as you all know, US ATC loves to do their own thing, and that creates lots of misunderstandings.
Of course, in busy class B airspace we usually have LOADS of flight schools around, which SATURATES the radio waves with below average radio operators, and I cant help but admireing the US controllers that sorts out the mess these pilots makes (even thou the non standard radio procedures they sometimes uses is part of what makes it messy in the first place).

What im getting at is that the US controllers have to deal with heavy airline traffic in ADDITION to really intense pilot training activity in the same airspace. Add to that the fact that there is sometimes NO TELLING what the training aircraft might do, you just HAVE to admire the cool and skill the US controllers display.

that being said....IF they just would use standard frases...some of the probs might have been solved.

BUT..ive jumpseated a couple of SAS flights into Newark, and the flight crew were VERY relaxed and had no probs handling the radio workload. I mean, the local US pilots has english as first language. Their SHOULD have flawless pronounciation...anything else would be embarrasing. But as far as scandinavians on the radio here in the US. We usually keep it to the point and according to standards. No point keeping the frequency tied up with useless slang if U can do it short and robotic-like. We are not trying to win a personality contest up there. We are trying to get passengers from point A to B with no mishaps and incident. Good and short comm procedures is part of that picture.

[ 04 August 2001: Message edited by: SkyBug ]

Bad-Man
5th Aug 2001, 22:51
Hej SAS kolleger
Jeg fatter ikke I gider køre videre med dette skvadder.
De idioter der ikke kom ind i firmaet har som sædvanlig travlt med at bevise de kan pisse højest op ad væggen.
Lad dem dog, og lad dem hungre for svar.
:p

Techman
6th Aug 2001, 00:57
Men Bad-Man dog, er du ikke lidt bag efter kurven?.

3 uger siden sidste indlæg, så må det altså også være på tide, at nogen sætter en stopper for dette her.

PrettyBoy
6th Aug 2001, 18:14
Ok, so how come SAS pilots ARE so friggin anal? No, just kidding. Lets put this one to rest now. We'll never be able to agree on this but it has been fun (at times at least).

Let all the anal ones at SAS do their thing and all the jealous ones who did not get in do theirs. Stalemate. :eek:

[ 06 August 2001: Message edited by: PrettyBoy ]