PDA

View Full Version : SAS query (from Australia)

Freddy One Bar
31st May 2001, 04:35
G'day. I was just wondering whether there might be any SAS pilots out there who could help me witha query regarding employment with SAS.

I am currently living in Cairns, Australia, flying F/O on a EMB120 Brasilia on international ops, I am 29 y.o with approx. 1600 hours, but only 110 multi command. I have around 500 hours turbine F/O time, with a current Aussie ATPL. My parent were both Danish citizens until shortly before I was born (now naturalized Australians.) I am currently learning Danish.

My question is : Would I be in a position to apply to SAS given my above qualifications and family connection to Scandinavia? I have looked at the SAS website, but I do not believe I can apply until I am in possesion of an E.U passport. Any information supplied would be much appreciated.

compressor stall
31st May 2001, 08:55
My query to the CP a couple of years back resulted in being told that I require more time in "heavy aircraft" before I could get a dispo for immigration. (Direct translation).

Exactly what "heavy aircraft" are I don't know. I suggest you download the application form now as it will take you a few weeks to collate all the information required! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

BTW - I am 28, also living in Cairns, (lovely wx eh!) 2000 hours, 700 Multi, Aussie ATPL and fluent in Norwegian, but no EU passport. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

PS Language pracitce at the Woolshed on a Tuesday night is invaluable! ;)

------------------
Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
William Blake

Balusboy
31st May 2001, 09:35
SAS do take foreign nationals. I was offered a job interview last year. I have Norwegian parents and 2000+ hours at the time. I went over for a couple of months to Norway to re-familiarise myself with the language because all the psych testing is in a Scandinavian language. Unfortunately i had to return to Aus prematurely and never got around to doing the first stage testing. But all it takes is to get an application in with them and with your experience you'll get an interview!
Any jobs with HL on the Braz for me? Have 750 PNG time.

Lukim yupela!

Freddy One Bar
31st May 2001, 11:53
G'day stallie, I must catch up with you at some time! I've been meaning to follow up on the Cairns Gatbash post, but have not had a chance.

Balusboy, apinun wantok, yu mas kisim long dispela samting kwik piksa leta bilong mi (lukim long 'who'!) Mi no save long yupela. Yupela laikim wok long HL, yu mas lukaut long bikpela man antap (CP G. Mengersen)Toksave long mi tasol!

------------------
This is not a good country for one's virtue.........

Nick Figaretto
31st May 2001, 17:16
Wow!

I'm not sure that kind of language is appropriate in SAS... :) :) :)

Nick.

------------------
"I have found that alcohol taken in sufficient quantity produces all the effects of drunkenness."
~ Oscar Wilde

compressor stall
31st May 2001, 18:38
G'day Freddy,

Hope to see you at the bash...if not I'll email you as I have some questions about your company as I've been thinking of sending an app away...

Happiness is fanging around in a Shrike :)

I should add that at the time of my app I had only 800 hours in nothing bigger than a PA44 http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

------------------
William Blake

[This message has been edited by compressor stall (edited 31 May 2001).]

Fokker-Jock
6th Jun 2001, 00:44
The requirements for an application to be registered are as follows:

¬ CPL with instrument rating (B + I)(will be supplemented according to JAR)
¬ ATPL theory (written/frozen) (D theory)(will be supplemented according to JAR)
¬ *Minimum 700 hours total flight time, of which minimum 200 hours must be on 2-engine aircraft.
*Minimum 100 hours of total flight time as pilot-in-command.
¬ Education on Artium/Senior High School level (12years) or equivalent with 2 years education in mathematics and physics/natural sciences,
Danish: "studentereksamen" or "HF"
Norwegian: "allmennfaglig videregående" with minimum 2 MY and 2FY
Swedish: 3-year "gymnasium" with "Matematik C, Fysik A"
Presently, a general dispension applies forone year in both subjects. However, applicants fulfilling formal requirements will be prioritized.
¬ Command of one Scandinavian language
¬ EU or Norwegian citizenship
¬ Maximum age at time of employment is 40 years, minimum is 22 years
¬ Maximum height is 195 cm and minimum is 163 cm.

After evaluating your application SAS will advise you about contacting an SAS accredited aviation psychologist for further required testing on SAS´account.
For registration, military pilots are accepted without civilian licenses as well as pilots with a non-Scandinavian license.

Scandinavian licenses are required before employment can be considered.

The flight time requirement is waivered for pilots who have attended the following pilot schools:
- Danish Aviation College
- Norwegian Aviation College
- Trafikflygarhögskolan (TFHS) in Sweden
and for pilots trained in the armed forces.

Semper paratus
20th Jun 2001, 19:21
FYI SAS has just as of July 19 decided to remove the Scandinavian language requirement at the time of application. However you still need EU or Norwegian citizenship before applying.
Check www.sasflightops.com (http://www.sasflightops.com) for details and latest updates.

compressor stall
21st Jun 2001, 11:13
Just my luck - they remove one of the requirement that I do have! :rolleyes:

------------------
William Blake