PDA

View Full Version : Connecting through Riyadh and Jeddah

750XL
7th Jan 2012, 17:05
Hello everyone,

Next month I'm heading off to South East Asia on Saudi Arabian Airlines connecting via Riyadh on the way out, and Jeddah on the way back. I'll have around 5 hours in Riyadh and 7 hours in Jeddah airport.

I've had a google around but can't really find any information on the facilities at Riyadh and Jeddah airport.

If there's anyone who has gone through either of these airports recently then it'd be greatly appreciated if you could let me know what the facilities are like, namely shops for food/drink and WiFi. Any other tips would be appreciated too :ok:

Thanks

iraqi
7th Jan 2012, 18:03
Absolutely disgusting airports..... Bathrooms very filthy, very limited number of shops... Food and drink places are available, but again, the food choice is limited and somewhat stale.
Other than the above, absolutely NOTHING to do... Web is available through one of the coffee shops... But then most sites are blocked.

750XL
7th Jan 2012, 18:08
Thanks for the reply, sounds promising :ooh:

Just another quick question...

Is there any lounges available at RUH/JED that you can pay to get in? As far as I've seen, the only way to get into one of the exec lounges is to fly J/F.

Thanks

iraqi
7th Jan 2012, 18:19
I have used the lounge in jeddah... Not very nice at all...i doubt they have any longes where you can pay...

Best to go there with a couple of good books and some decent music.

TightSlot
7th Jan 2012, 18:20
Maybe just sit at the bar and get trashed?

vctenderness
7th Jan 2012, 19:28
If I had to travel to the far east I would do anything possible NOT to go any where near Jeddah/Riyadh!

However I have paid to use the lounge in Riyadh and it was OK.

Enjoy!

750XL
7th Jan 2012, 20:12
If I had to travel to the far east I would do anything possible NOT to go any where near Jeddah/Riyadh!

Temptation of flying on a 743 and a 5 day old 773 was too much, and the fact they were £100 cheaper than the nearest competitor. I'll probably live to regret it :}

Thanks