PDA

View Full Version : Maersk Air - the begining or the end?

Toolowgear
8th Nov 2001, 18:40
What is going to happen in Maersk Air Denmark? Apparently they did not get the wetlease with two aircrafts in Kazakhstan (what a place), so will they sack the announced 22 pilots. If they do, will they do it the same way, as they sacked the engineers – nearly 75 - some had been there for more than 25 years – the management just didn’t like them?

LimaNovember
9th Nov 2001, 21:29
As far as I know they did get the Kazakhstan contract for two B737s. Where did you get your info from?

About the location; who cares these days as long as it makes your bank manager happy ;)

jimbob
9th Nov 2001, 22:27
Last time I heard they did get the contract....Also heard that no pilots will be fired.....

Devils Advocate
10th Nov 2001, 20:11
I too heard that Maersk Air (the Danish one) got the Kazak contract.

That said, one rumour I also heard was that it was cheaper to get rid of the UK pilots than the Scandanavian ones - something to do with the local state rules on redundancy payments, etc,..... and there was silly old me thinking that we were all part of one glorious European ideal........ ho hum

LimaNovember
11th Nov 2001, 16:18
Toolowgear,

"You`ve said A, so you have to say B". Tell us where you heared about Maersk not getting, or going to Kazakhstan.

Mujaffa
11th Nov 2001, 16:35
It is true. According to one of my friends in Maersk Air, the base commander has just written a post on the internal union net, where he annonced, that the whole deal is postponed untill further. If the deal is going to continue, it will be a lot different from the first annonced - so I guess that "toolowgear" is very right in his post.
I do feel sorry for the guys and gals who are going to leave the company - according to my sources it should be an ok outfit, despite the way they apparently run the flight operation - she tells me, that FR and DM is more less the same. Managemenet by fear

LimaNovember
19th Nov 2001, 10:13
Toolowgear,

I can only repeat what I said in my previous posting. It`s ok that this is a rumours network, but going quit like an oyster...?

Toolowgear
6th Dec 2001, 22:12
Sorry I have been away for the last four weeks, and it wasn't my plan to stay silent!

I have just talked to a first officer from Maersk Air, and they have been told, that money is pooring out of the company. They are going to lose more than 200 mill. d.kr this year, and the same amount next year.

With reference to the Kazak project, it is obious for everybody now, that the project is dead.

But, somehow I think they will get back in black - just like I hope the rest of our companies will - better sooner than later!

[ 06 December 2001: Message edited by: Toolowgear ]

OSCAR YANKEE
2nd Jan 2002, 22:46
Status at this time is that a number of Engineers (think it is 20) have been sacked due to outsourcing of C-checks on the 737. No Pilots have been fired nor will anyone be. (At least in the current situation.) A number of "sommerfugle" have not been hired on a permanent basis, but have been promised a job this summer again. All in all I hear that people think Management has dealt quite OK with the problems so far.

Jetavia
4th Jan 2002, 02:12
Sure hope that Maersk Air will be in business many more years .. Maersk is my number 1 choice of companies I would like to fly for ..