PDA

View Full Version : Atpl gs recognition between caa uk and other jaa caa

aminzakhama
7th Jan 2012, 07:53
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone had an experience of doing ATPL GS as Distance learning in UK schools and then doing the actual THEORY EXAMS , flying school and practical tests in ANOTHER JAA STATE.

I've got my PPL and had done all the GS tests successfully in serbia (as that was the only option). However, the study was an uphill struggle, as I'm not a native speaker there. Now comes the time to progress to ATPL and I find myself in a conundrum:
All the schools I've asked over here would only provide theory GS in croatian, while the actual examinations are to be in English. I find it funny having to struggle through croatian only to revert back to English for the exams.
Trouble is -
and if this will be affected by EASA TOOK OVER IN APRIL 2012.

Any thoughts/links will be greatly appreciated!

zondaracer
7th Jan 2012, 08:37
You have to check with the country´s Aviation Authority. Every country is different. For example, I know Finland allows you to take your ground school in one country, and test in Finland. They also accept exam results from other countries.

The countries that accept UK exam results to my knowledge (there probably are more) are Ireland, Greece, France (yes really!), Finland, and probably more. Spain does not accept exam results from other countries for example.

So, to answer your question, every country is different, and I don´t know how it will change with EASA.

aminzakhama
7th Jan 2012, 08:43
Thanks for the replay,but i m talking about ground theory stUdy,not exam results,such like if i have finished uk jaa approved ground instruction for jar atpl ,and about to apply for exams in another jaa country;),HERE IS SERBIA ,it happened to me before for PPL theory exams,the serbian cad required the certificate of ground theory completion and the JAR APPROVAL OF MY UK GROUND SCHOOL.

zondaracer
7th Jan 2012, 09:26
Like I said, every country is different and you have to call your licensing authority. Finland allows exactly what you want to do, but I have no idea about Serbia.

Jidi
7th Jan 2012, 10:10
Romanian CAA also accepts ground school from UK. All they asked for was the copy of UK CAA's approval for Bristol :) I'm not aware of Serbia, but it's a short ride from Serbia to Romania. The best answer you will get from Serbian CAA, drop them an email or better phone them.