PDA

View Full Version : BGT course in NZ

fophil
6th Jan 2012, 19:20
Hi all,

I have a simple question for those with some knowledge on BGT courses in NZ. Looking at applying to Air NZ and one of the min requirements is for a BGT endorsement. I have an OZ license with ATPL subjects but not sure if Aero and systems pass covers me for the BGT requirement.

Does anyone know if one can sit the BGT exam under NZ CAA, while living in OZ? Or would I have to do it NZ and have an NZ lisence first!

Thanks

Luke SkyToddler
6th Jan 2012, 19:47
You won't get air nz without a bunch of turbine time anyway - and clearly if you have that, you qualify as having a BGT.

You also won't get air nz without a few dads and uncles in the company, and freemasons handshakes, and voodoo rituals under a full moon, and your CV happening to land on top of the pile on the one week per decade when they hire, etc etc, but that's probably not what you meant :rolleyes:

fophil
6th Jan 2012, 20:16
Ok thanks for that. Unfortunately don't have any uncles or aunties there, but doesn't really answer my question! Got to dream though! Cheers

southerner
6th Jan 2012, 20:47
Hi, you need the BGT exam credit to be able to obtain a turbine aircraft rating of any sort on a NZ license. Obviously you will need to convert to a NZ license for an Air NZ job. Remember having the Aussie ATPL subjects will not convert to be any use under the TTMRA unless you hold the actual ATPL license so your exams will be no good at this point (until you have the hours for it to be issued and can then go back and upgrade at a later date and so on).

So you will need the exam credit. Having done the component in your ATPL exam it should be an easy enough self-study refresher for you and can then just sit the exam with ASL NZ. It can not be done with ASL Australia, and must be sat in NZ. Aviation Services Ltd (http://www.aviation.co.nz) should provide more info including costs on this for you. You can sit the exam before having your license converted if you wish.

Good luck!

fophil
6th Jan 2012, 23:44
Hi Southerner,

Many thanks for your info. I am converting my lisence to an NZ one and an the info on sitting it without having the conversion done is of great help to me, as I tried ringing NZ CAA but got nowhere!

Thanks heaps for that

fophil