PDA

View Full Version : Still looking !!

500e
6th Jan 2012, 12:24
Hardman & Co - Leaders in Corporate Research Pegasus (http://www.hardmanandco.com/Research/Pegasus_01022010.pdf)

Good read :uhoh:
Now who is interested in heli company with potential ??

Hughes500
6th Jan 2012, 18:52
500e obviously too much time on your hands !!!!!!!

500e
6th Jan 2012, 22:39
How did you, oh never mind I will get my coat & lunch box:}

vfr440
7th Jan 2012, 06:34
That'll be a modern Djinn, then?
Several hours later.
This rang bells. I did an evaluation of such a project 3 years ago for another 'investment financial house'. Pretty in depth too. Here's my summary for what it's worth

Technically the project has merit, albeit some more research into position of engine/compressor and weight / C of G considerations is needed. Also fuel quantity to be carried and where the tanks would be located.
Modern materials would be of major benefit eg composite blades, carbon fibre construction etc
Costs of these materials?
Tooling for same?
Certification is major drawback. Would have to be fully certificated for commercial use - AND
Therefore the 5 seater would be essential but quantum of financial resources would have to be significantly more?
A JV with EC would ease the burden, but may stall politically. Also the ‘adoption’ of what the French may consider their original IPR could be a cultural set-back.
Two principal cautions to be aware of

The R66 is already in development and will have a full TC. An update on the programme could be obtained from a visit to HAI (end of Feb, 09)
Current financial climate - and an up-to-date forecast of light helicopter likely sales is essential. That of the report was flawed and in any event is 25 years old and thus out-of-date info.

Just for interest! - VFR