PDA

View Full Version : HIMS Program Motivation

HIMSProgram
5th Jan 2012, 15:21
I am trying to become a pilot but got a DUI over 5 years ago and it was slightly over a 0.15 BAC so I have a terrible disease.

There has been a team of dedicated HIMS Psychiatrists committed to getting me the treatment I need, however, I currently do not see how I have a problem. So my condition is one of the worst cases.

I am inspired by their commitment to get me the help I need. From the rigorous analysis, and some of the most intense testing they have put me through gives me inspiration of their commitment to safety. These are the people I admire highly, and inspire me to get out of bed every morning. So I think I am at a really good starting point and it is only a matter of time before I see my problem with alcohol.

Any advice?

Farrell
5th Jan 2012, 17:48
There was a very enlightening and candid series of posts written on here a few years ago by a pilot who suffered from alcoholism, but sadly I cannot remember his name.

Use the search function to see what you can dig up. I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Farrell
5th Jan 2012, 17:50
I remember now: LProuse is the username

Click here (http://www.pprune.org/non-airline-transport-stuff/295673-his-honour-judge-flying-lawyer-5.html#post3636804) and read post 93

Click here (http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/440735-lhr-inebriated-dl-pilot-sentenced-six-months-7.html#post6233947) and read post 131 and onwards.

Best of luck.

HIMSProgram
5th Jan 2012, 20:18
Ah yes, Lyle Prouse, I've heard of that fellow.

I have been considering purchasing myself a new Mercedes to help soothe my suffering.

HIMSProgram
23rd Feb 2012, 04:57
Hello,

I received a letter from the american government requiring me to get a psychiatric evaluation for a DUI I got a long time ago.

I've since decided it might be a good idea to clear this planet from psychiatry.

Has anyone ever done drug/alcohol detox at a church of scientology to get a medical in America? I haven't had a drink in a long time and I don't need treatment because I'm not going to fly drunk and I don't like alcohol.

~HIMS Program

welliewanger
23rd Feb 2012, 06:03
Church of scientology... I assume you know what goes along with that?