PDA

View Full Version : What is the story among other Scandinavian airlines?

dick badcock
20th Oct 2001, 16:15
I heard from a good source that Premiair is shedding 70 pilot jobs. Braathens is still accepting applications, but no course start until spring (at the very earliest!). What is the story with Maersk, Novair and Sterling? Are they still hiring, or would I be wasting postage stamps on sending in applications?

Laminar
20th Oct 2001, 20:11
Novair most likely will sack around 15% of its pilots!

Payscale
21st Oct 2001, 11:48
Premiair sacked 44 (47?) pilots.
Maersk are 10% too many (unconfirmed)
SAS Commuter 18 pilots too many. Confirmed.
SAS Airline 150-200 too many. Confirmed.

The trick is not to fire anyone but offer reduced time and early retirement for the older captains.

Techman
23rd Oct 2001, 23:36
Apparently Premiair is letting 47 pilots and 22 Flight Engineers go. So that could be where Dick got his 70?.

PrettyBoy
24th Oct 2001, 08:21
Any info regarding Skyways? It would be interesting to know how this downturn in the economy is affecting domestic loadfactors. Some consolidation is unavoidable, me thinks.

Payscale
24th Oct 2001, 12:08
Someone told me MUK will reappear as ArrowNet! funny name for a airline... ;)

They are trying to fly exec and cargo with their "new" FokkerWulffs....Banzai! :rolleyes:

TheDrop
24th Oct 2001, 12:37
Se http://www.muk-air.dk ... ikke opdateret i flere år - flyver man mon stadig til Bremen ?

KADS
24th Oct 2001, 13:35
PrettyBoy -

Someone told me (very much a rumour only!) that about 10% were to be made redundant. 2001 has been a sad chapter indeed....

Nick Figaretto
24th Oct 2001, 13:49
I also heard that Skyways is sacking pilots. Not sure how many, though.

What's the story in your airline, Dick?

Nick. The Prick.

(I'm a poet, and didn't know it! :D)

PrettyBoy
24th Oct 2001, 17:24
A sad situation all together. Condolences to everybody involved. Knows how it feels, have been laid off six times in my young career :( :( :(

Things changed though. My company is hiring as I write and plans to hire plenty next year so not doom and gloom everywhere! In any case, when these things happen, it makes you appreciate what you have. Can be easily forgotten in good times.

LimaNovember
24th Oct 2001, 20:15
Prettyboy,

Since your company is hiring, why not give all those looking for a job an adress, phone or fax number. Even better, a name to contact. Then, tell all pilots without a job what kind of a/c your company operate.

Tks.