PDA

View Full Version : ATP written test

born to suffer
3rd Jan 2012, 14:09
Hi guys
When I Graduated from the aviation school in 2004 I did the ATP course at royal jordanian air academy, and pass the ATP Jordan civil aviation authority exam,total cost was about 1800 US$, I was happy and every thing was ok, after 4 years I get a job and start flying the b 737-800
Since my written exam is expired I decided to go back to Jordan and retake the exam, However the Jordan CAA told me to take the exam you need a letter from one of the two flight school operating there, anyway I went to the school which I did the course in 2004 with, and asked them for a letter, the answer was " you have to take the course again or pay us the course fee_ no need to attend the classes_ which is 1200 and we will grant you the letter.
I said no thank's and I want to the other school and the answer was pay us 800 and we will grant you the letter,
I was like What the F**k they are trying to take advantage of me and I left.

Now please any Advice?
Where could I do my ATP exam?
Or should I go back to Jordan and pay 800$ for a piece of paper and do the exam?:ugh:

40&80
3rd Jan 2012, 19:31
I think you should get these two different quotations (for a 10dollar letter) in writing from the two flight schools.
Photo copy these and take the photo copies to the head of the Jordanian CAA.
Ask him if this amount of money is what he has approved to be paid under his jurisdiction and if not how you should now proceed to be able to resit your already passed and fully paid for exam.
Hopefully he will **** all over these two flight schools...unless he owns them!

born to suffer
4th Jan 2012, 17:02
.unless he owns them!:}:}:}
Well he might.
the quotation will state this is the fee for the ATP ground school course, but the hush hush thing is pay us the fee and you don't need to attend the classes and we will give u the letter otherwise there will be no letter