PDA

View Full Version : BA misinformation

radeng
2nd Jan 2012, 15:18
So I need to go to Dublin in May. The BA website tells me that Dublin is served. But it can't be booked! I know that it's a codeshare with Aer Lingus, so I called the Exec Club. It turns out (but the website doesn't tell you) that it can only be booked as part of a through ticket from somewhere. Even more annoying is that I already have a BA flight that arrives from Chicago that morning, and I can't add it on.

It's the waste of time and lack of flexibility that is so annoying.

ExXB
3rd Jan 2012, 09:53
I can understand why you can't do it yourself on-line (change in destination / point of turnaround would require a recalculation of the fare) most online booking tools are not setup to do this (very complex programming required).

Why not give their Res agents a call and ask them to do it for you. Dublin, without a London stopover (normally considered as being 24hrs) might even be cheaper than LHR.

It's been quite a while but my experience with the Exec Club is that they have no fare / res training. In one case, while I was still gold, I could see availability that they couldn't see. And this was intentional.