PDA

View Full Version : Merpati Nusantara Airlines

noox89
2nd Jan 2012, 13:15
Anyone going to apply for this job? They fly Xian MA60, this is the first time I hear about this airplane:D They are hiring 24 F/O and you have to self sponsor TR.

wellwisher
2nd Jan 2012, 13:19
Just got the e-mail from them. Maybe it's a good idea for now to kick-start. but i want more confirmations since they asking for 24K upfront. :uhoh:

noox89
2nd Jan 2012, 13:27
It should be a local commuter. Pretty large fleet though, I will apply as well. But I will need some kind of assurance before I pay:(

tarmac12
2nd Jan 2012, 21:33
If you didn't know Malaysian's get first pick and seeing as there are about 300 malaysian kids with a fATPL without a job the odds of you getting a spot are slim at best.

I was in Indonesia recently and can tell you the Airline is honest but as for the agent I don't know anyone who has dealt with him before. I do know he is an FO with an airline in the region.

ccm737
3rd Jan 2012, 10:18
Hello, i've recived the email yesterday and i'm still in doubt for paying the 200 USD.
What is the guaranty? if you pay you will have the place for screening?
Because if you go to the Merpati website there is no info about careers!!

duncanidaho50
3rd Jan 2012, 12:11
How do you know the places arent filled allready? Who is going to tell us when the 60 people have payed and not to send any more money?...
I could set up a skam like this in no time..

kestrel101
3rd Jan 2012, 12:20
Hello Everyone,

If it's not too much trouble could someone message me the contact details for this programme.

The previous posts in another thread seemed to have been deleted and it had the relevant information i.e (email, requirements, documents)

Thank you for your time.

PosClimb
3rd Jan 2012, 12:29
so let me get this straight...

you're paying $200 for an assessment, but the airline is going to pick and choose out of that group who they want.

So it's a $200 interview fee.

Someone's making some money.

adeash
3rd Jan 2012, 14:29
hi kestrel, you can get the requirements at www dot flygosh dot com

kestrel101
3rd Jan 2012, 14:33
Thank you Adeash, found them!!

pudoc
3rd Jan 2012, 15:54
Not sure I'd trust any company who can't even buy a proper e-mail address.

josemarb
3rd Jan 2012, 17:58
Same for me. Received the email yesterday but, honestly, i dont trust the agent. Too far though to make the step and risk if it's really a true interview.

JLMF
3rd Jan 2012, 19:20
I think we can trust them, in fact I´ve seen pictures from one of the convoatories they did.

Sounds like they have ordered like 20 planes, so trying to make money but at the same time is limited to 60 persons, I think.

Trying to know more about it..

prax687
4th Jan 2012, 04:23
@ ccm737, PosClimb

Even I had the same doubt about the 200$ fee
I mailed them back to be honest about the program
there might be some hidden terms..

200$ times 60 = 12000$

someone's not making some money.. huge..

tarmac12
4th Jan 2012, 04:40
Merpati does have a proper HR dept and most new joiners have simply shown up to the office in Jakarta and handed in a Resume. You could wait a week or 6 months but they have been recruiting walk in's for a while now. No 24k up front either.

Emailing HR will not get you a response anyway. Your best solution is to email the guy and ask if he has filled his quota yet. You must remember that the $200 is just to hand in an application. It doesn't guarantee you and interview. He could take money off 500 people to get his 60 apps.

Also with Merpati you don't get paid until checked to line and that can take months.

Luke SkyToddler
4th Jan 2012, 04:48
I worked as an instructor with a bunch of Merpati cadets back in the 90s ... we had 35 cadets per year attending the school, over 3 years we trained a total of 105 guys. I have never ever seen such a circus in my entire life.

By the end of the 3rd year, 3 cadets from year 1 were dead back in Indonesia, and also 1 from year 2 ...

There is no amount of money on this earth that could make me pax on Merpati. And parents if it is your son or daughter reading this and considering applying for this job, and if you value your kids' lives, then lock them up and do not let them near the place.

prax687
4th Jan 2012, 07:29
Its the same Agency which recruited for sriwijaya earlier now doing it for Merpati it earlier mentioned preferences would be for malaysian citizens but they welcomed all..

A question triggered up for other nationals & this was mentioned in a blogsite could it be the malaysians in majority who making it up to siriwijaya..??

Also the agency listed FATPL as a minimum criteria but accepted applications from those who didn't posses FATPL and took away 500RM from each applicant..
why did they accept? just to make money..???

there is no info on the sriwijaya results how many malaysians & other nationals
went in..

this seems to be little tricky..

JLMF
4th Jan 2012, 09:57
Any more info?

kestrel101
4th Jan 2012, 13:57
I've been offered an interview for next week with them, I haven't paid anything yet.

The whole thing sounds a bit dodgy!! Booking a flight to Jakarta with 1 weeks notice = $$$

Anybody hear anything else

Thanks.

Job-Seeker
4th Jan 2012, 14:01
I got also an appointment for the test and interview. I haven't paid anything yet.
But I am still uncertain to do this..

power.r
4th Jan 2012, 14:16
I have been invited to an interview next week in Indonesia.

I hope its legit, but it sounds too good to be true.

If anyone else has heard of fly gosh or have an interview also next week please share your details.

They stated on my email that i got just a couple of minutes ago that there are
37 PLACES LEFT!

Could anyone else confirm was this also on their email?

Another reason I am suspicious, why cant we pay by credit card?
doing a bank transfer is the only way for the 200usd where as if we paid by credit card we would be guaranteed a refund if it were a fraud transaction/company!

Cheers

power.r
4th Jan 2012, 14:18
I have been invited to an interview next week in Indonesia.

I hope its legit, but it sounds too good to be true.

They stated on my email that i got just a couple of minutes ago that there are
37 PLACES LEFT!

Was this on your email invitation?

Another reason I am suspicious, why cant we pay by credit card?
doing a bank transfer is the only way for the 200usd where as if we paid by credit card we would be guaranteed a refund if it were a fraud transaction/company!

Cheers

Speedbird744
4th Jan 2012, 14:22
Stay away from this if you want to keep your life. All crew and pax onboard killed in an MA60 accident back in May 2011.

Job-Seeker
4th Jan 2012, 14:22
37 slots left, was also written in my email. I got it 1 hour ago.

CY333
4th Jan 2012, 14:23
Got the email also......

Speedbird744
4th Jan 2012, 14:25
I got the email too. They are getting desperate, before it was the case that if you paid the 200USD you would confirm an interview slot. Now we all have interviews.

kestrel101
4th Jan 2012, 14:28
Same email as above, 37 places etc.

All sound way too dodgy, I think I'll just forget about it for now.

noox89
4th Jan 2012, 14:28
I got the same e-mail as well... My gut tells me that this is not worth it. One week notice, journey to the other side of the world, 200 bucks before hand, generic e-mail address and other responses. Other thing is the Airline itself. Anyway I wish luck to those who are attending! Hopefully it is not a scam and the MA-60 is a safe airplane:O

Jerry Lee
4th Jan 2012, 14:29
The airline is on the blacklist and the MA60 has no FAA certification, nor EASA certification.
That it is a banned airline is not important, you will gain experience anyways. Your next job won't probably be on the MA60 and you may have to pay for a TR later, but that's better than nothing though.

Guernott
4th Jan 2012, 14:30
Hi guys!

I am still waiting the email... Could you just give me your profile please??
Thanks in advance

JLMF
4th Jan 2012, 15:11
Same here , dated for 11th January.. i'm confused, but I think I'll go..

power.r
4th Jan 2012, 15:12
What about fly gosh?

does anyone know anything about them?

have they successfully recruited people before?

I noticed the f book page was only created in November 2011

power.r
4th Jan 2012, 15:14
have you transferred the 200 usd?

have you secured an interview?

Job-Seeker
4th Jan 2012, 15:15
Another question: Do you guys have an exact time when to show up? In the mail is only the date, 11. Jan.
That's all is a little confusing
And I have another prob. When I try to transfer the money the SWIFT code is invalid.
Does anybody have the same prob?

JLMF
4th Jan 2012, 15:16
Avia integrated, on behalf of Merpati Airlines would like to invite you to come to Jakarta, Indonesia for an interview and test.
Test consist of a computer base phycometric test and an interview session.

Date :11 January 2012 ( Wednesday )

Venue : Merparti Jakarta Office
Gedung Basarnas, Jalan. Angkasa,
Block B.15 Kav 2-3 Kemayoran
Jakarta Pusat , Indonesia

Please bring along with each candidate during interview & test session the
following:

- Photo (colour: size 3x4 cm; 4x6cm each 2 pcs) with red background
- Softcopy of the colour photo in JPG with red background
- Latest Resume/CV
- Copy of Passport (at least 18 months validity)
- Copy of Licenses (CPL, etc)
- Copy of documents (ICAO English Proficiency, etc)
- Copy of last Medical Record
- Copy of Log Book
- Copy of last Education certificate
Please burn the softcopy data in a CD

Attire : Formal

First of all i want to apologize if i am not able to answer/reply to some of your question as there are simply too many applications. I will however try to answer
some of the common ones below.

Who are you Andy and what is Flygosh?
You can read my profile at http://flygosh.********.com/2011/11/i-was-selected-and-featured-in.html

If i pass the test and interview,when will the training commence?
If you pass,training will commence immediately provided you pay the first installment for USD12k

When will the results be out?
As soon as possible and may even be the very next day itself. The airlines want you guys to start training as soon as possible

Is the course fee of USD24k to be paid at one go?
No it will be broken into 2 installment,first one ( if you pass), you agree to join and pay USD12k and the next USD12k when you start your training.

Is the booking fee USD 200 or 24k?
Obviously it is USD 200 and not USD24k

How many slots left now ?
As the time I am writing this there are 37 slots left.

Is there a due date?
It will be on a first come first serve basis and once we hit 60,this opportunity will be close

Is it true that Malaysian will be given priority?
This is not true as 90% of our candidates are not even malaysians.

Who will pay for my travel,visa,transportation and accommodation cost ?
You will have to bear the above cost and just to inform you that jakarta airport does provide visa on arrival services.

Should i go for this?
Best you read my advise at http://flygosh.********.com/2011/01/have-interview-coming-upshould-i-go.html

How long is the test and interview?
It will be a ONE day event so make sure you arrive Jakarta on jan 10, and you can go back on Jan 12 unless you wanna stay here for holiday

power.r
4th Jan 2012, 15:41
I cannot find anything on "PT Avia Integrated Indonesia" either

they are the beneficiary of the money transfer! :ugh:

Job-Seeker
4th Jan 2012, 16:22
So guys, what do you think about it??

JLMF
4th Jan 2012, 18:59
I think is worth it

Turboprop_cap_84
4th Jan 2012, 19:08
Hi guys!

I received the same email, 200USD, 37 seats left and so on.

I personally don't believe them. Someone above said that the SWIFT code was invalid.

It's a generic email not adressed to me but to all of us, strange and not proffesional. The adress of the venue is not exact neither, no check-in time,...

Maybe if you go personally to Merpati HQ you can get a better feedback than paying 200USD to these guys.

Happy landings

Job-Seeker
4th Jan 2012, 19:19
Sorry about the Swift-Code.. That was my fault, not a mistake by the agency..
It works..

prax687
5th Jan 2012, 02:57
Avia is a malaysian agency it has got ties with merpati for recruitment alone..
The 200$ goes to Avia's pocket..

Merpati and its officials are clean and decent.. Avia a couple of months back did recruitment for sriwijaya..
Anybody if known, likes to share how many expats other than malaysians were recruited for sriwijaya..??

mynameisjon
5th Jan 2012, 06:40
The arrogance of some of you guys is just amazing.

Indonesia as of today is still a very face-to-face oriented country. You can hand in resumes via email and you'll never get a reply.

Expecting every recruitment agency to have a website is plain stupid.

1. You pay the 200 for the assessment. This is the same as with Jetstar's cadet programs.

2. They close the applications as soon as the hit 60 applicants. The fact that some of you haven't even paid and have been offered an interview slot shows a lot.

3. If you think that airlines need to give you a month's notice to give you, a dime a dozen cpl holder with no type, no time and no experience, an interview, you are NEVER going to get a job.

power.r
5th Jan 2012, 09:16
So are you off to Jakarta?

noox89
5th Jan 2012, 09:33
I do not think that we are ignorant. Suspicious is the right word. It is not about the 200 USD, it is about the flight ticket cost. Return ticket from Czech Republic to Jakarta costs another 1000 USD or more. If I go to an interview I expect some kind of pre-selection. Now it looks like that they are offering the interview to everyone who applied providing that you have paid 200 USD for the slot.

Cleared for take-off
5th Jan 2012, 10:54
I haven't applied to them but I've got friends flying for them already and they are both non-Malaysians, one flying the MA60, the other on the B737-800.

I don't know anything about the agencies you guys have been mentioning in this thread, but they way my friends got in is by talking to them over the phone and then heading over there for interviews. The way it use to be over there more
than a year ago was that they just took who ever applied.... believe it or not.

VarigMD11
5th Jan 2012, 11:30
I work in Indonesia and I find it incredulous that some of you would even consider working for Merpati.

They have the worst safety record of any airline in the country and regularly stick one of their aeries into the side of a mountain. Only recently, about 6 months ago, they crashed one of their MA60's in Papua as they tried to descend below weather on a VFR only approach, killing all on board.

Also, to pay USD 24k for a type rating you can only ever use with them seems a rip off!! If you really want to fly for Merpati you might as well come see them face to face and they might give you a right hand seat on their widowmaker, the CASA 212, helll they will even pay your type rating :ok:

Please think twice before deciding to buy that ticket to Jakarta!

Job-Seeker
5th Jan 2012, 12:00
You are maybe right, but I think it is worth a visit. I guess most of us are currently unemployed and seeking a First Officer job.
I can only speak for me, but if I don't try it and I don't find somewhere else a job I would probably kill me.
Of course it's a lot of money to invest, but you have to invest something to gain something.
I have read some of the accidents reports and according to them most of the accidents were caused by human error. So, I assess myself as a good pilot. But I can't judge how it is to fly there. So I will decide after the interview and test if I would like to work for them or not.

parker007
5th Jan 2012, 12:52
can anyone tell me what all airlines can recruit in indonesia if you go by yourself to hand over your resume?the information will be really helpfull...

PosClimb
5th Jan 2012, 14:28
They're interviewing 60 people and hiring 24.

So your odds are less than 50 percent.

If you're in Europe, you're looking at around $1000 for airfare plus hotels and food and the Test fee.

So maybe $1600 when all is said and done.

It money is no object, go for it!

noox89
5th Jan 2012, 14:43
Try to google, this is the first thing that jumps at you http://traveloscopy.********.com/2011/05/merpati-indonesian-air-crash.html

Even though lot of us may be solid Pilots, this is still multi-crew airplane and decisions are made by captain and F/O together. I can just imagine that mixture of zero turbo-prop experience f/o and crapy captain can lead to an accident. I do not want to discourage anyone, that is just my reason together with luck of urgency, why I am not going.

Weeman5
5th Jan 2012, 15:17
Got a email from Merpati Airlines today...

Like all other emails they write they have 37 slots left, want me to meet at Jarkarta 11.01.12

Im not going. It will be around 2600 dollars for me in travel fairs, hotel, food, course fee etc.

Sounds a bit sneakey for me.. And if you read about Merpati Airlines on the internet a lot of people are afraid of flying with them...

flying_peanut
5th Jan 2012, 15:19
Applying to this is all about how risk averse you are. As someone who works in Fraud investigation, I really do not like the sound of paying $200 to someone who operates off a gmail account. However that said, those that have applied have not been asked for the $200 which sounds a bit more promising.

I'm not going for it, because I have weighed up the pro's (might get an airline job and build flying hours) against the cons (could be a scam, could waste £1000, would have to beg my other half to move to Indonesia, poor safety record of airline, cost of type rating that would be useless afterwards, and i've not even started looking at other more local options yet).

If you are prepared to lose the initial layout then go for it though because you may strike lucky!

power.r
5th Jan 2012, 15:41
I have decided not to go for several reasons:

1) 24000usd for the TR on an MA60 a/c
2) After the TR and 3 yrs down the line, I will have to find work an MA60a/c, so I will be stuck in Asia for another while, as its Chinese a/c
3) I cant even contact the recruitment company to ask a few questions, or contact fly gosh
4) 3 year contract? What does this mean? It could mean I fly 3 hours per month for the next 3 years for all I know. They don't specify how many hours will be logged.

Thats my opinion and decision after thinking long and hard.

Back to square one.....for now!

bedix84
5th Jan 2012, 16:02
Don't lose your valuable time&money...searchig job is made by local judgment doesn't mean wasting money far-east adventure!

captkirk3000
5th Jan 2012, 16:41
I saw the advertisement as well for the job with Mertapi. No decent respectable company should/would make candidates pay for an interview or pay for training. It would be different case if they made you sign a training bond!
I know times are tough and we all want the best for our careers but, consider all the facts. You are actually paying your employer to work!

Luke SkyToddler
5th Jan 2012, 19:22
Come on you muppets if you're going to pay-to-fly, at least do it on something that isn't a joke non-certified aircraft and a nightmare airline.

The time that you log will be worthless in the western world, and the actual "experience" will mostly consist of sitting still and shutting up while the captain scud runs a visual approach into a hick uncontrolled Indonesian strip in the mountains, with u/s navaids and huge CBs and terrain all around.

I would imagine that most chief pilots in Europe would run a mile from a CV that had Merpati and the X-60 as the main experience.

dood
5th Jan 2012, 20:31
Or it could be seen as valuable experience of the type that is no where to be found in Europe. I think worrying about what chief pilots think is a bit of a non issue considering there is very little under the pilots belt at present anyway. The worst case scenario is pilot has more experience and rated with experience in arguably a demanding and new environment but will need some extra training to meet European 'chief pilot' standards.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but if pilots from Europe can go to Africa to build time in a 208 why not Indonesia in a more sophisticated aircraft. Expressing your views on what a 'chief pilot' will think is rather presumptuous.

VarigMD11
6th Jan 2012, 07:13
Luke Skytoddler is spot on.

Indonesian aviation is in league of its own. Most Indonesian captains don't speak good English, have no real concept of CRM and don't follow SOP's. Its no joke, there is a reason why their safety record is what it is.

I recently witnessed a Batavia 737 land in a thunderstorm with a 10kt tailwind on a 1800m runway, only touching down around half way. I started to get my camera out as I thought I was witnessing a YouTube moment. They managed to stop 2 meters from the end, using full reverse all the way (even below 40kts). Pretty much sums it up I think.

If you still feel like its something for you, then by all means go ahead and sell your soul to Merpati. Just remember you were warned!

G-ALICE
6th Jan 2012, 15:23
Im going to the interview anyway. I have a airbus type rating with 300 hours and no job. Its to me important and 50/50 good to me.

power.r
6th Jan 2012, 17:49
@ G-ALICE

There recruiting for the MA-60 a/c, you know that right?

There looking for 24000usd to do a MA-60 type

Its not airbus pilots there looking for, unless of course you are going to pay for another type rating?!

power.r
6th Jan 2012, 17:50
Is there anybody else going?

I know G-alice and Jobseeker are, but anyone else I wonder??

NorthernGoose
6th Jan 2012, 19:42
Make sure you all research Indonesia in-depth first and really take a deep look into the airlines your looking to get involved with. Being in Indonesia myself I can confidently say it does not operate like any other country in the world and if not taken seriously you might get severly taken advantage of. Research Jakarta and other Merpati bases including Kupang... are these places you want to be? Then give a read into Merpati's past... crashes, scandals, the fact that they are government owned and have had their fair share of problems over the years. Also consider the usefulness of an MA-60 rating.... I'm not going to tell anyone to do anything one way or another thats your choice but I HIGHLY recommend you do some research before you pack up and move or even get your hopes up.

VarigMD11
6th Jan 2012, 23:08
G-alice, check out Garuda Citilink. They are looking for A320 co-pilots with thpe ratings but low hour requirements. If you have to go to Indonesia, they would be a safer and more stable job choice.

PlanetEarth
7th Jan 2012, 09:36
It's amazing how many people are turning a blind eye to all the warnings in this thread. Are you just ignoring them, or are you not reading properly.

Merpati airlines, aka "hati-hati Merpati" (google translate it) is probably the worst airline I can ever think of, and one that I would NEVER ever fly with as a pax, even for free and hell no, not as a pilot either. Even if they paid for my type rating and gave me 200k a year.

This airline is death incarnate, and I have not seen so many scary and frightening things as what the Merpati crews do in their flying.

I fly in the skies of Indonesia every day, and we sure give Merpati a wide berth.
Their CRM is non-existant, good luck with getting the captain to understand what you're saying, or to heed your warnings.
They regularly go in extremely bad weather, and approach VFR only runways (no navaids) in amazing feats of scud running near zero visibility and low ceilings.

Ask yourself this, is your pursuit for a job worth your life? Is your pursuit for a job worth the risk you put on yourself, and your family?

I would think two, three or four times before having anything to do with this airline.

power.r
7th Jan 2012, 10:42
Well I'm not going, and I have tried asking who is going?

I think there are two people who have commented on this discussion are going next week.

Would like to hear how may turn up in Jakarta next week and the outcome?!

VarigMD11
8th Jan 2012, 09:53
So latest news for you Merpati wannabees. MA60 ran off the runway on landing at Sampit near Surabaya yesterday.

Job-Seeker
8th Jan 2012, 12:21
The Aviation Herald (http://avherald.com/)

noox89
8th Jan 2012, 12:45
Not that bad but still it adds up to everything been said here. Job-seeker, are you going to attend the interview?

wigwag
8th Jan 2012, 13:58
Yes Planetearth, yes to everything,

They are turning a blind eye to it and everything else, because they think it wont happen to them.

They and the industry is so :mad:up that pilots are willing to do quite literally anything to get those 500 hours on type.

As long as P2F is here, and, "500 on type required", then there will be those without the cash to splash, so therefore prepared to do everything they can.

Solidarity is the key, but that will never happen, not amongst Pilots, solidarity is a dirty word these days. Me, Myself and I.

noox89
8th Jan 2012, 14:31
Good timing on that incident, just 4 days before the interview...

wellwisher
8th Jan 2012, 15:43
Just attend the thing, after that the choice is of course yours.

romght
11th Jan 2012, 07:23
Hi guys,

Hope everythings were good for the interview today for you...
It would be interesting to have some feedback about that day..( Q and A, interview, sim check, yours feelings, psychometric test and so on....
Thanks and see you in the clouds :)

tarmac12
11th Jan 2012, 17:54
Well they didn't have any trouble filling the room. Wonder how many people who get an offer go through with it now they have a little better idea what they have got themselves into.

Or maybe they will only realise what they have done once ATC try to kill them!

There are actually worse operators out there so to anyone who gets a job good luck.

No, I wasn't there myself.

romght
13th Jan 2012, 11:46
Hi guys!
Any feedback for merpati assesment?

adeash
13th Jan 2012, 15:06
It was a tiring two day event as we start as early as 7.30 am all the way till evening.

They already posted all the pictures at www dot flygosh dot com

Day 1 was a brief introduction about the program and we did a CPL aviation and also a 4 hour phycometric test which is really exhausting.

Day 2 was the best as those who pass the interview proceed for a sim check on the A320. Though it was only a short flight, the A320 was such a joy to fly.

Results will be out in two weeks, fingers cross!!

aircupidon
13th Jan 2012, 16:04
was it the MA 60 interview or the citilink A320 interview?it should normally be the MA-60 then the 320 right?

adeash
14th Jan 2012, 01:47
This was for merpati Ma60 .Apparently their sim centre is in surabaya and the only available sim in jakarta was the A320.

Well I am really glad since I have never been in a sim before especially flying jets and this is really a good experience.I heard that they will be doing A320 soon for citilink.

ReverseFlight
15th Jan 2012, 08:49
adeash, are you saying that Merpati was doing an A320 sim assessment for a potential MA60 entry ?

Job-Seeker
15th Jan 2012, 12:59
That's right...

kestrel101
18th Jan 2012, 11:05
Hello,

Just saw this advertised on the usual website "Co- Pilot ( Direct Entry ) - Merpati Airlines - Walk in interview - Jakarta" 25th of Jan 2012

What's the story with this one? Did they not recruit people from the first recruitment drive?

Thanks.

VSGJ
18th Jan 2012, 11:24
They just selected 9 people. Its all Money making Scheme i guess. All the best for the guys who got the job.

No RYR for me
18th Jan 2012, 13:34
Having seen the aircraft I agree with the statement "All the best" since you need it... :uhoh:

fowannabe
18th Jan 2012, 14:21
Hello everybody!

I have received an e-mail for the selection process on 25/26 January but I'm to undecisive whether to go or not.

Is here anybody who was already at the interviews?
What is the average time between successful completion of the interviews to the beginning of Type Rating?
Could someone describe compass test, sim assesment and the interview process?

Thank you for your answers.

adeash
19th Jan 2012, 03:07
Though I did not pass the selection, I can surely say that this is not a scam or they want money out of it.

I have the privilege to meet them and I must say that they are really genuine people who are trying to help us get job.

If you think about it,if they are going after your money, they would have close one eye and pass all 24 candidates instead of taking the trouble to do a 2nd selection. Maybe with pass mishap, Merpati is increasing the standard of new pilots they hire now.

The A320 session cost USD1500-2000 an hour and by the look at the use for that day,in fact they could be making a loss since we only paid 200 each. Whether we pass or not they still have to pay for it.

No, they did not pay me for typing above, just that I feel I should voice up since I have the privilege to meet the people behind that is helping us get job .

dcoded
19th Jan 2012, 07:10
Hey Saw your post.
Sorry you did not make it thourgh.

I might be going for the Sriwijaya assessment for type rated pilots.

Was just going to ask you a little about the process you went through at the day.
I know you did some kind of pshycometric test. Could you tell me a little more about that?

And also,
Did you have some face to face interview? And did it contain ATPL and tech questions?

Thanks!

Cleared for take-off
19th Jan 2012, 09:41
Yah, it's be great to hear some more details from you adeash. Also what sort of experience did you go in with? welcome to PM me

romght
19th Jan 2012, 14:58
Yes guys

Could we have some feedback about the psychometric test
some question for example.

Flywiz
22nd Jan 2012, 03:16
Hi guys ... I did go for the interview*
Though it was a long 2 days it was worth it .
The first day consisted of a online hr assessment . This checks you on your personality . Straight forward but don't lie you will easily get caught .

The second test is your aviation test . You need to know your FAA cpl level stuff . Piston engines , met , regulations etc

Then you have a series of psychometric tests chks you on your mathematical abilities , reasoning , logic and speed . I think there were over 10 tests . Some were quite basic but a couple were really challenging .

Then you go on to your interview round . Mine lasted for more then 40 mins . They ask you technical questions on multi engines , charts , basic aerodynamics , and a lot on your past . Again I would suggest be honest and if you don't. Know a answer just say you don't .

Finally the sim chk on the A320 . Look I understand you have a question why the a320 . All they want to see if you can do the basics . It's a very easy aircraft to fly and all they expect is control and meeting the standards . They expect you to do a takeoff , climb , turns , steep turns , holding and a approach . All the basic stuff .

Well best of luck to anybody who is going .

quagmiree
29th Jan 2012, 20:08
deleted as this is very old

klutch cargo
8th Feb 2012, 16:49
Hi Guys
Well, I received this just an hour ago and much as I'd like to get my first airline job I'm not going for this one. There are far too many details that do not convince me much not least the fact that most surely I'll have to pay for another type rating again in 3 years' time.
It seems that the interview is a 3 day event now and not 1 as it used to be. So exactly how many people have they interviewed so far? In how many days? I know someone who was called for an interview on January 11th. Once again in his letter they said that slots would be allocated on a first come first served basis.
I wonder how many candidates they have interviewed so far. There is no guarantee := that you go there and compete with 30 or more candidates for 2 or 3 slots. Meanwhile they have earned some US$6000.
Sorry guys but I remain very sceptical.
The only positive note is that you can now pay by credit card. Hurraaaay!!
Take care everybody and keep posting!!

Dear All,

Avia integrated, on behalf of Merpati Airlines would like to invite you to come to Surabaya, Indonesia for an interview and test. Test consist of a computer base test, sim session, phycometric and an interview session. The pilot recruitment will be a 3 day event and will be held at Surabaya. Surabaya is 60 min by flight from Jakarta.
Date :25 - 27 February 2012( Saturday to Monday )
Venue

Merpati Training Centre (MTC)
Juanda Airport – Surabaya 61253
Indonesia

I am sure you all notice that we did a merpati intake on Jan 11 ( http://flygosh.********.com/2012/01/merpati-airlines-pilot-recruitment.html ) and there are few more slots left so they are inviting again for an interview session on Feb 25-27. Once again in order not to miss this opportunity, you need to pay USD200 booking fee to confirm your slots .You can pay via credit card or bank wire/TT into account. The account details is below this email so make sure you read the entire emailto fully understand this program. For those who wish to pay via credit card, please reply to this email with " your name -( I want to pay via credit card ) and i will send you the credit card payment link. Do not worry about visa as jakarta airport have visa on arrival which simply means that you can get your visa the moment you arrive in jakarta airport. This will be a first come first serve basis to those who have paid the USD200 booking fee to secure their slots. Please see attached file for event details.

Please bring along with each candidate during interview & test session the
following:

- Photo (colour: size 3x4 cm; 4x6cm each 2 pcs) with red background
- Softcopy of the colour photo in JPG with red background
- Latest Resume/CV
- Copy of Passport (at least 18 months validity)
- Copy of Licenses (CPL, etc)
- Copy of documents (ICAO English Proficiency, etc)
- Copy of last Medical Record
- Copy of Log Book
- Copy of last Education certificate
Please burn the softcopy data in a CD

Attire : Formal

First of all I want to apologize if am not able to answer/reply to some of your question as there are simply too many applications. I will however try to answer
some of the common ones below.

Who are you Andy and what is Flygosh?
You can read my profile at http://flygosh.********.com/2011/11/i-was-selected-and-featured-in.html

If i pass the test and interview,when will the training commence?
If you pass,training will commence immediately provided you pay the first installment for USD12k

When will the results be out?
As soon as possible and may even be the very next day itself. The airlines want you guys to start training as soon as possible

Is the course fee of USD24k to be paid at one go?
No it will be broken into 2 installment,first one ( if you pass), you agree to join and pay USD12k and the next USD12k when you start your training.

Is the booking fee USD 200 or 24k?
Obviously it is USD 200 and not USD24k

Who will pay for my travel,visa,transportation and accommodation cost ?
You will have to bear the above cost and just to inform you that jakarta airport does provide visa on arrival services.

Should i go for this?
Best you read my advise at http://flygosh.********.com/2011/01/have-interview-coming-upshould-i-go.html

How long is the test and interview?
It will be a 3 day event so make sure you arrive Surabaya on 24 Feb, and you can go back on 28 Feb unless you wanna stay here for holiday. As for hotels, you can book Tilla Mas, Sinar Hotel or Hotel Bandara.

This is fake and a scam?
I guess that is why you see some pilots are flying and some remain jobless for years.The difference between them is onetake action and the other one procrastinate and complain
and hoping that one day miracle will happen and pilot job will drop from the sky.

I will be there during the test and looking forward to see you guys soon.The airline has given you an opportunity, now is up to yourself to grab it and play your part.As for the B737 and A320 rated pilots, be patient and we will call you guys soon for interview especially on the opportunity by citilink.

Remember to send me your payment slip ( USD 200 booking fee ) as proof to confirm your slots. Pls do not reply to this email as I may not be able to respond.If you have further question, please post it at the forum Fly Gosh Forum • View forum - Other Airlines (http://www.flygosh.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=3951e51a2acf54511b7dfe07315bc683) and I will try my best to reply ( if i have the time )
Important notice for candidates from India

We received many applications from India and have shortlisted enough Indian candidates. If you receive this invitation by any chance, please disregard it.

Regards,
Andy

For my tips on interview, you can download my ebook at http://flygosh.********.com/2011/05/fly-gosh-ebook.html

Dear All,

I am please to announce that Avia integrated has secured the opportunity to recruit pilots for merpati airlines. You can read more about the airline
at Merpati Nusantara Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merpati_Nusantara_Airlines)

As for the min requirement go to http://flygosh.********.com/2011/12/co-pilot-direct-entry-merpati-airlines.html

Understand that there will be plenty of questions but not to worry, as usual we will have a Q and A session during your test in Surabaya..

However I will provide you with the common Q and A below : -

How much is the course fee ?
The total course will be USD 24000

What is this money for ?
To pay for your working permit, visa, type rating and all other necessary thing to get you fly and work legally in Indonesia

How long is the contract?
3 years

How much is the salary?
You will get an average USD3000-3500 per month ( depending on hours )

Where am i base?
Indonesia

How long can i recoup back my investment of USD24000?
With a contract of 3 years, you can expect a total of a six figure income of USD126000 so expect to get back your investment ONLY about 7 months

Where will i be doing my type rating for MA60?
The airline will send you to China

I already have a B737/A320 and have send you an application before,should i go for this?
This opportunity is actually for CPL and i will send you all a separate job for rated A320 and B737. However if you want to be safe and want a job as soon as possible,
you are of course eligible and i leave that decision to yourself . My advice will be to wait for the upcoming A320/B737 job which will be soon somewhere around the 1st quarter of 2012

Why should I pay since the world owe me a living and i should get everything free for life?
We spend a lot of time and resources to get this opportunity to help you kick start your career in the airlines.If you have this mindset, I guess is best we do not waste each others time so we can focus on candidates who are serious in their career . A lot of potential pilots took the risk to pay for flight ticket and hotel to come to jakarta, knock on doors to try their luck and most end up go back empty handed. Imagine the amount of money we save you guys with this opportunity.

Tell me how do i SECURE the slot so that I don't lose this GOLDEN opportunity ?
Please bank USD 200 booking fee in to the following account and send us a payment slip as proof

Bank: OCBC NISP
Branch: Kemang Pratama – Bekasi - Indonesia
USD Account no:
Swift Code:
Beneficiary: PT. Avia Integrated Indonesia

Who is Avia and how can I trust it ?
Have a look at http://flygosh.********.com/2011/08/sri-wijaya-pilot-recruitment-organise.html

If you have further question, feel free to discuss about it at Fly Gosh Forum • View forum - Other Airlines (http://www.flygosh.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41)

kestrel101
8th Feb 2012, 17:55
Anyone attending the interviews this time from 25th-27th of Feb

Does anyone have any more info on the selection procedure etc??

Weeman5
8th Feb 2012, 21:15
There are realy looking for new people. I've turned them down the first time but they have invited me again for a session in late Feb... Damn they are desperate! I do not intend to attend there session..

4FellowPilots
8th Feb 2012, 22:10
Hi Fellow pilots stay away from Merpati and Avia Team. I attend last interview January 11 & 12. This agency will not say the truth. Last time we are total 48 foreign pilots, just imagine they made 10000$. I am not saying that all are very good pilots, but from out of 48 they selected 12 only. Most of us came for next day return ticket as per Andy(Flygosh) email. Then instead of 1 hour psychometric test more than 5 hours test.(we are going to fly airplane....what we need more than anything flying skills and aviation knowledge. One who failed from that intake he promise that another company(express air) hiring for Dornier first officer(he will say same thing one who goes for new February interview)

In his flygosh website mentioning that he is helping pilots...I don't think that.
They had another intake after 11,January what happened for January 26 or 28 why he didn't put pictures for that??? he posted only January 11th photos??
then they don't want one who failed first intake(Januray 11) apply again for Januray 26,2012. Then again he is sending emails to all previous(Januray 11) pilots for February interview with 200$ registration why??? what is that mean? Again need pocket money....

My advice please stay away from this MA60 and Merpati/Avia team. Paying 24000$ waste. They says you can fly with in 2 or 3 months but no. In 10000$ you can get Boeing 737CL type rating, 20000$ for 737NG or A320. He says again in 7 months you can get your money back how? Human Resources(from Merpati) says 3000$ how it possible?:=

If you have lots of money(may be your parents) then go....lots of night clubs there, STADIUM AND V2....many more in BLOCK M:=.

4FellowPilots
8th Feb 2012, 22:12
Better not, me too.. tell your friends too. Why wasting money and time??

4FellowPilots
8th Feb 2012, 22:19
Sorry Bro..Sim section was not Not FULL FLIGHT SIMULATOR...only 15 minutes. Last time I attend the process(they said one day but it was 2 days from 8am to 8pm)

Halfwayback
9th Feb 2012, 12:38
Just a word of caution to those reading this thread.

Please use the Search Function in the Toolbar above and look for threads with Merpati or flygosh.

HWB

adeash
9th Feb 2012, 13:16
oh come on -4fellowpilots, obviously you did not pass and same as myself. But to not be a gentleman and spread bad stuff when you don't have the standard to become a pilot is degrading to the profession.

From 48 candidates and they pass 12,that is a 25% success rate unless you expect 100% passing rate each time. Indonesia is upping the standard.

Cathay pacific fail as many as 99% and only 1 % or less pass and many go back as a failure,does that make cathay a scam?

You are just bias cause this is Indonesia.Grow up boy.

Job-Seeker
9th Feb 2012, 13:41
Well, I attended the first assessment too. They said I failed because of their age requirements and the online psychometric test. I am cool with that..
So yesterday I received the same email as stated above. Afterwards I wrote back that I am a little bit confused and what happend to the guys from the second assessment??!!

I got an answer in which flygosh wrote that it was his fault to send me the email and that I should disregard it.. My ass!! Now I am wondering what had happend if I had already paid the 200 Bucks.. and I got no answer why are they doing already a third assessment..

At the beginning, as I received the first invitation I was suspicious than I attended that thing and I was sure that it isn't a fraud, now I am again suspiscous. :)

ReverseFlight
9th Feb 2012, 17:07
They said I failed because of their age requirements
Job-Seeker, what's wrong with being 23 ?

Job-Seeker
9th Feb 2012, 17:20
Actually I don't know. That's what they said to me.

4FellowPilots
9th Feb 2012, 22:36
---Adeash--You are right I failed, but that was good for me. You know why, I got a Pilot job now. Let me ask you if they are looking for good standard why they are calling again same pilots?? (one who failed on January 11,2012)

MTBUR
9th Feb 2012, 23:17
I know a guy who is 21 who passed the first one, and is at merpati now. Flattish didn't find a problem with him (or his money) a month ago!

Whole thing is a bit sour. I spoke to the Andy bloke when he was pestering everyone who ever contacted him to come and asked if it was pay to fly (before the original ad came out). He said it wasn't and the next day there was the email saying it was. He also has the tendency to swear a lot and say how people are scamming him all the time...

adeash
10th Feb 2012, 01:21
4FellowPilots, it's normal and common sense for them to hire again since they have so many Ma60 aircraft and in dire need of pilots.

Which airline you see only hire once, Cathay pacific is hiring monthly for their low hours pilot scheme and at times twice per month. I am quoting them as I have an assessment with them soon. I failed once last year and i am so glad that i am given a second chance.

For me if I fail, i do not see it as failure but take it positive as what i gain is valuable experience. This means that i need to improve and try harder next time.

As for Avia the agent,in my opinion if they want money and scam, they would have just close one eye and pass everyone but they did not do so as they want to uphold and hire quality pilots. If this is the case and even if i pass,i won't be happy knowing that i pass not because i am good but because they want my money.

If an airline who have to a p2f scheme and passes 100% who pay to join,I rather not join airline like this who favors money than quality.

If you are one of the top 12 who pass,i bet you would post a different thing here. If pass, you say is worth it and good experience, you fail, you say this is scam and waste of time.But i guess is normal for people to be upset when they dont pass, you just have to take it positively.

Just my 2 cents.

Luke SkyToddler
10th Feb 2012, 02:30
Adeash - if you think that taking a bunch of 200 hour muppets from the other side of the world with absolutely zero IFR or multi engine experience, making them pay to fly out there, and charging them $200 for an assessment / $24000 for an utterly worthless type rating on a non-certified sh!t heap Chinese turboprop, at one of the most dangerous and poorly regarded airlines on earth, is "upping the standard", then I'd hate to see what you consider is "lowering the standard" :eek:

If they were serious about "upping the standard" they'd get some people with some total time and some proper experience in rough strip and tropical ops, there's plenty of experienced GA guys in Africa / Australia / Caribbean who'd fit the bill. Of course they might actually have to pay them a salary and pay their rating.

"Upping the standard " my @ss

cgwhitemonk11
10th Feb 2012, 08:29
Just got the email today:

''already have a B737/A320 and have send you an application before,should i go for this?
This opportunity is actually for CPL and i will send you all a separate job for rated A320 and B737. However if you want to be safe and want a job as soon as possible,
you are of course eligible and i leave that decision to yourself . My advice will be to wait for the upcoming A320/B737 job which will be soon somewhere around the 1st quarter of 2012''

I am A320 rated and not interested in Merpati right now, but do I just wait and see if they email me about the A320 assessment?

fowannabe
10th Feb 2012, 11:54
Hi guys!

For you who were on the interview, did they ask some technical questions about MA60? To explain something etc?

And what kind of questions they asked about Merpati itself ( eg. fleet, headquarters...?)

Thanks

Tekor Bali
10th Feb 2012, 14:03
Hi.
I would like to know if someone here is going to the interview on 25 February?
Certainly the company has recently had some accident, both with MA60.
And $ 24,000 is a lot for this turboprop, but it is always a chance to fly having a salary, not like pay to fly style! I hope.......
To go or not to go...

JS-A
13th Feb 2012, 13:37
Anyone attending? I am... Does anybody have any feedback from the previous assessments?

Tekor Bali
15th Feb 2012, 17:31
I woul like to go, but I don't know if we are on time for the 200dollars...
Just ten days from here.
Someone with informations about interview??

Podcast
17th Feb 2012, 15:05
Hey guys,

Sorry, it is not about Merpati exactly, but the flygosh thing...

MTBUR
18th Feb 2012, 00:14
With delays and the purchases of the ma-60, xian gave merpati a number of type ratings and renewals for free. I dunno if this has now been exhausted, last time I heard it wasn't. It's just because people will pay to fly they are doing it

lionelair
19th Feb 2012, 10:21
FYI:

Transport: List of airlines banned within the EU - European commission (http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/list_en.htm)

"LIST OF AIR CARRIERS OF WHICH ALL OPERATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A
BAN WITHIN THE EU

MERPATI NUSANTARA AIRLINES / 121-002 / MNA / Republic of Indonesia "

justasmallfire
19th Feb 2012, 11:47
CEO resigns ? Last time I was in Indonesia they were grounded at one place for not paying their fuel bill.I guess they need as much cash as they can get if the government has quit bailing them.
Bali News: In the Event of Rapid Decompression (http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp?ID=7877)

lee_apromise
20th Feb 2012, 05:29
With that kind of financial troubles, what if people fork out $25K and suddenly it goes bankrupt? There will be no way of getting that money back :=

jetjockey696
21st Feb 2012, 04:46
It may be heavily burdened with debt and known for its checkered safety record, but state carrier Merpati Nusantara Airlines says it can turn a profit this year by more than tripling the number of passengers it carries.

And its growth plan extends through the next seven years, during which it will take possession of 40 new aircraft following a deal it struck last week.

Sardjono Jhony Tjitrokusumo, the airline’s president director, mapped out the beleaguered carrier’s targets on Monday in Jakarta. It is shooting for a Rp 67 billion ($7.4 million) profit, with revenue to grow 200 percent to Rp 3.6 trillion.

Such a result would be an impressive turnaround given the airline is estimated to have lost Rp 146 billion last year, according to state asset-management firm Perusahaan Pengelola Aset.

A massive surge in passenger numbers is central to the carrier’s goal. Sardjono said the airline was aiming to carry 5.5 million commuters this year, up 260 percent on 2011.

The “golden year” predicted by Sardjono follows four challenging years for the carrier. From 2008 to 2011, PPA guided a debt restructuring at the airline. Last November, the government injected Rp 561 billion to keep it afloat, following a commitment by Sardjono to trim staff and cut costs in an effort to improve its efficiency.

To meet the passenger goal, Merpati will be increasing its fleet to 36 airplanes, from the current 25, with the addition of 11 new Boeing B737-400s.

Later in the decade, the airline will be taking delivery of 40 Chinese ARJ21-700 aircraft, which can each accommodate 100 passengers. The airline is set to progressively bring them into operation between 2013 and 2018.

Sardjono said that the ARJ21-700, although assembled in China, would have 40 percent of its metal content produced by state-owned aviation firm Dirgantara Indonesia in Bandung.

He said that the deal for the Chinese airplanes had been clinched at an airshow in Singapore last week.

Sardjono acknowledged that at present, Merpati had “negative equity, liquidity and cash flow,” but he added that there were no other airlines capable of flying to the isolated destinations it serviced.

Iskandar Abubakar, the Transportation Ministry inspector general, said the new aircraft should reinforce Merpati’s capability to serve lightly trafficked routes, especially in eastern Indonesia.

“Although Merpati also wants to serve western Indonesia, we are asking Merpati to focus on servicing pioneer routes in eastern Indonesia, because at present only Merpati is capable of reaching them,” Iskandar said.

Last year, Merpati provided services between more than 25 domestic destinations, with hubs in Jakarta, Denpasar and Surabaya, as well as international flights to East Timor, Malaysia and Papua New Guinea.

Its fleet also includes Fokker 100s, Twin Otters, Cassa C-212s and MA-60s.

Jakartapost...

smiling monkey
21st Feb 2012, 10:57
.. more about Merpati from today's Jakarta Post (http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/02/21/merpati-looks-buy-us12b-airplanes.html).

Merpati looks to buy US$1.2b airplanes
The Jakarta Post | Tue, 02/21/2012 10:42 AM

JAKARTA: Ailing state-owned airline company PT Merpati Nusantara Airlines plans to buy 40 100-seat ARJ 21-700 jet aircraft from China for approximately US$1.2 billion, a company executive said.

Merpati’s president director Sardjono Jhony said Monday that Merpati has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC), AVIC International Holding Corporation and state aircraft firm PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PT DI) to buy the planes.

“This year is our golden anniversary and we aim to fly higher and grow stronger,” he told The Jakarta Post.

The airline will receive four RJ 21-700 units in 2013 and the rest will arrive gradually until 2017, Jhony said. “By the end of 2017 we will have 75 airplanes.”

The airline currently has 35 aircraft; 25 of them are operating in a daily basis, including six Boeing 737 series units, five Twin Otters, two Casas, one Fokker-100 and 11 MA 60 11 units.

Albatross01
1st Mar 2012, 04:44
Hi all, Anyone from this group had an email from Merpati or the agent about their result.

Tekor Bali
1st Mar 2012, 06:53
Hello.
Can anyone tell something about the selection of 25 -27?
How many pilots were there?
News about the company from FlyGosh?

Albatross01
2nd Mar 2012, 11:03
I estimate about 50 candidates arrived for testing. The quality of applicants was actually quite good overall. A lot of JAA license holders were there. Also some locals Indian and Malaysian pilots. Competition was tough. Recieved an email today saying the results will hopefully be out tomorrow. Good luck to all.

PilotWA123
20th Apr 2012, 04:19
Does anyone know how many have been selected?