PDA

View Full Version : Web pages not downloading fully...!

Thoroughly Nice Bloke...
2nd Jan 2012, 10:37
Hi Guys,

My Dell desktop has developed a problem in that it doesn’t download some websites in full…! The Met Office and Facebook spring to mind, and when I try to login to some sites nothing happens MacAfee for instance I can’t login to renew my subscription…! On Facebook it downloads the top part of the site where your name is and nothing else, when you click on your name it “de-presses” to acknowledge you’ve clicked on it but nothing happens…!

I’ve checked that the internet options are the same as my laptop and run the W7 CD and as far as I’m aware Java is up to date.

Oh and it’s running W7.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

TNB :confused:

Ant
2nd Jan 2012, 11:49
Are you using Firefox? Had similar problems here with a past version of FF. and had to resort to Internet Explorer to get some sites to load properly. Current flavour of FF (9.0.1) works as it should.

Thoroughly Nice Bloke...
2nd Jan 2012, 11:59
Hiya,

No I'm using Internet Explorer.

TNB

Spurlash2
2nd Jan 2012, 12:23
Firstly, I would clear out your Temporary IE files. Tools|Internet Options|Browsing History. See if that makes a difference.

Then, if no joy, try a reboot of the router and computer, to see if that changes anything.

If still not working, you could try another browser; Chrome, for instance, and see if that works.

Are you up to date with Windows Updates?

Thoroughly Nice Bloke...
2nd Jan 2012, 13:42
Deleted history has made no difference, tried to download Chrome but couldn't as the download button doesn't work...!

I'm using my laptop on the same Router with no problems and all W7 updates are up to date...!

My last Desktop was hacked by someone using a program called "Dreampack PL" could something like that have happened again...?

TNB

Spurlash2
2nd Jan 2012, 14:35
Dreampack PL is a p/w recovery tool, so highly unlikely to be affecting your browser.

Download Chrome on your 'good' computer and put the exe file on to the 'bad' computer. Load Chrome.

Have you done a reboot of your router and computer?

green granite
2nd Jan 2012, 14:40
Don't download Chrome unless you're happy to have google following all your surfing habits, use SRWare Iron instead, same program less the google tracking bits.

M.Mouse
2nd Jan 2012, 14:47
I have not heard of pages only half loading being caused by a virus of some sort but when you say you are unable to log in to Macafee that can often be a symptom of a virus.

You appear to have tried all the immediately obvious checks and so my next move would be to go here (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407) and follow the simple and comprehensive instructions to the letter. If your problem prevents you downloading some of the needed files then a workaround is to download them on to a memory stick using another PC.

OFSO
3rd Jan 2012, 18:39
PPRuNe isn't loading properly on my PC either, just started in the last couple of hours.

I know, I really should get out more !)

EEngr
4th Jan 2012, 16:36
What parts aren't loading?

Some pages have gobs of banner ads and enforce loading order. Or won't render properly until all the graphics have arrived and their size is accounted for. So if some ad server is hanging or slow, the entire page may appear to be buggered up.:{