View Full Version : Learners World trouble

otis cornbread
2nd Jan 2012, 05:43
After completing about 80% of the prerequisite course material a few nights ago, I was kicked off the website due to system maintenance. Frustrating, and now I am trying to complete it again and when I click on Learners World I get an "EKP cannot connect to the database" error. WTF? Anybody else experiencing this?

Bob Hawke
2nd Jan 2012, 13:38
Oh yah, it's appalling. Fleet office issued a notice about it as a "work around" for Macs, I believe, for me belatedly. I just went to work earlier and used the company computers but they really do need to pull their craniums out of the sand on this - 21 st century guys.

The other thing about LW. It doesn't retain a part attempt any more. That's even more frustrating.

asianeagle
2nd Jan 2012, 14:36
I try once and once only, if it don't work, I don't bother:ugh:

treboryelk
3rd Jan 2012, 01:21
If a Mac is being obstructive, Its doing you a favor by stopping you doing something you shouldn't be doing anyway!

I love my Mac!

Iron Skillet
3rd Jan 2012, 03:31
Good idea, Buster, but FOP doesn't care, the AOA takes years to send a rarely-effective email about anything, and many of us have RTPC prerequisite training to do that is already without credit...thanks to everyone volunteering to work for free on their own time on their own computers they bought themselves.

Bob Hawke
3rd Jan 2012, 08:28
Noted. Wont happen again.