PDA

View Full Version : Bah Air Ops (BAS) .. Whats going on ??

IndAir967
31st Dec 2011, 22:51
Whats going on with BAS OPS ? Had to wait 20 minutes for the air stairs to be
driven to the aircraft and another 15 minutes for pax transfer coach to arrive !!
Could hear a lot more guys complain on their frequency. Despite not dealing with
very heavy traffic like some other airports in this region do .. Bas Ops never seems to get its act in its place ! :rolleyes:

Landflap
1st Jan 2012, 09:25
It's always been like that.

Desert Budgie
2nd Jan 2012, 17:26
When BAS Ops don't answer the radio on 131.9, change your call sign to 'Gulf Air' momentarily and they will answer.

Ask the chap on the radio for the phone numbers for the different departments. For example, get the number for Bapco for the fuel, BAS technical services for air stairs and pushback and ground operations for the buses. Then deal with each department directly. The guy on the operations frequency is useless, and when you start shouting at the ground staff they always explain they were never called to attend to your aircraft!

DB :ok:

MATMAX
2nd Jan 2012, 19:14
"When BAS Ops don't answer the radio on 131.9, change your call sign to 'Gulf Air' momentarily and they will answer."
Is this a fair and normal way of doing things ...?
"when you start shouting at the ground staff" , this too ???
Do you want me to come and see you and shout on you mostly when you do not even know whats going on ???
DB , do you think you are alone on earth and everything is dedicating to you ...?
Did you ever wonder if people could be busy already ...?
Typical way of acting of nowadays pilots , when they are not taken by hands ... they are lost ...
Grow up buddy and use your brain ...

SCATANA
3rd Jan 2012, 01:19
They only answer the second time you call them :ugh: always been like that.

Gotta feeling DB is Ex GF.

Desert Budgie
3rd Jan 2012, 05:53
Matmax. My goodness! I think maybe what I've said has been taken slightly out of context!

Shouting maybe a slight exaggeration, but expressing some pent up frustration when taking a delay of 45 minutes because nobody is communicating between departments may be more accurate.

Example, at 6am local, there is not much going on and there has not been a departure for 30 minutes. We have called ahead and the chap on 131.9 explains there is a pushback on the way. The scheduled departure time comes and goes. Another 15 minutes pass, 30 minutes pass and every time we call 131.9 the pushback should be there. Eventually the chap at BAS explains the technical department are not picking up their phones. We ask for the number, call technical, they pick up immediately and explain they did not even know we had arrived. Pushback arrives 5 minutes later.

Another example, we are arriving at a reasonably busy time of the evening. PNF gets on the radio to BAS 15 minutes before arrival. Tries calling 3,4,5 times over 2 or 3 minutes without success. PNF explains he can't understand why BAS is answering Gulf Air with initial contacts but ignoring us. We try again a few minutes later, no response again but he is still responding to GF. Maybe there is something wrong with our radios, I don't know, but for s**ts and giggles I throw out a 'Gulf Air' to see if there is anyone home, at which point BAS responds immediately 'Gulf Air calling???' I think that is the only time I've played that trick but I'm not the only pilot to do so when being ignored.

When talking to the ground staff, I get the feeling that the staff from different departments at BAS don't like each other. If I ask why they are not receiving messages from their operations they reply 'This man is an idiot.'

These reasons are why we have the seperate BAS department numbers saved on our company phones and when we call each department individually and request a service they arrive promptly. Leave it to the chaps at 131.9 and you'll be lucky if anyone knows your on the ground.

DB :ok:

MATMAX
3rd Jan 2012, 22:12
DB , i am sorry to read that you have to deal with childish , immature and un-professionnal people but , to me , that is not a surprise there ...
do not worry , passengers can see through windows ...
if you are a Captain , just make a PA announcement to explain it to them !!!

White Knight
3rd Jan 2012, 23:11
Do you want me to come and see you and shout on you mostly when you do not even know whats going on ???

Hey Max - shout at me on MY aeroplane and you'll be off jt before you know what's hit you...

Idiot..... Giving good engineers a bad name... Shame on you MAX!

Back to your MECCANO set boy:D:D:D:D

crewmeal
4th Jan 2012, 06:17
It's always been like that.

Strange. I thought a handling agent as such was paid to 'handle' an aircraft. If they refuse to answer a basic radio call then the line of communication will break down.

Need I go on?

MATMAX
10th Jan 2012, 14:41
So whiteknight , you are un-professional and also violent , if we meet , give it a try but do not be surprised by what will happen to you ... i am scared !
Oh and i said to all my buddies Engineers around the world and even the ones in dxb about you and your techlog entries ... mister ex-BA ...

MATMAX
10th Jan 2012, 14:43
yes crewmeal , go on please.