PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to our Moderators

PAXboy
31st Dec 2011, 02:08
With another year closing, I would like to thank our Mods for their continuing support and patience. Whilst there are many of them on PPRuNe our leading light is TightSlot who, as I understand it, gives up spare time to make sure that we are not killing each other or libelling someone.

Thank you TightSlot :ok: :ok:

I tried to find a good image of a large cream cake but they were mostly on commercial sites, so I decided that you might like to see your old friend again.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/3/3/4/0316433.jpg

If anyone can find a picture as a suitable virtual gift for our mods, please have a go. BUT play nicely ... := :p

grounded27
31st Dec 2011, 03:02
To comment on the pic, neat to see that classic 737 with it's signature "whale tail", looks so disproportionate to modern aircraft given how short it is, like a mini 747SP.

BYveterangirl
31st Dec 2011, 10:47
I remember the old girl well. Met my husband on Romeo Mike. Had some fun jollies with the B707s in those days too.

TightSlot
31st Dec 2011, 13:29
How very kind - Thank you. I'm presently sitting in a dark, cold and foggy LAX hotel, smoking breakfast at a table by the pool at 06:00 having been up for 3 hours. Starbucks should open shortly and that will help me start the pre-flight prep and paperwork for the flight home. ****, shower and shave and then see in the New Year somewhere over Canada. Wouldn't have it any other way...

As to seeing my old friend single galley Romeo Lima: It takes me back to the days. From memory (it was either her or G-AWSY) she had the highest number of flight cycles of any -200 series 737 and she was eventually stripped down by Boeing to find out what a high-time airframe looked like! They'll probably do the same to me one day.

Happy New Year to all of you, wherever you may be - At least I'll be the only one without a headache in the morning...

(BTW - Green Text days are now over, since my iPad Xmas gift makes it difficult to do)

Basil
31st Dec 2011, 14:11
looks so disproportionate to modern aircraft given how short it is
Hence FLUF :E

ATB & HNY to mods - only been banned once - we should have a little enamel badge to wear with pride :p

PAXboy
31st Dec 2011, 15:23
TS Your morning start sounds ghastly to me - so it's great that you have found the right job for you!

I have often deliberately chosen to fly on 25th and 31st Dec and one of the best was leaving BJL, Banjul in The Gambia, on Christmas Day 1988 on an ex-BCal/newly BA DC10 (or might have been Tristar??) I had chosen a week's mini break in the sun and to travel back on 25th Dec for a quiet ride, which it certainly was, cabin about 25% capacity. The inbound arrived before dawn 05:00-ish from LGW and was due out around 08:00.

I was chatting with the CC on board as it was so quiet and she told me to look out for an unusual departure. The inbound crew were going to be on the beach and the climb out took a non-SID line with a distinct port wing down salute!!!! Most of the pax would not have noticed but it was fun to see them waving at us. The flight was brilliant. We had great food that was much more BCal than BA, the CC wearing party hats.

In December 1997, we chose the 31st/1st for the JNB/LHR on a VS 340 and it was busy but quiet. So I hope that, by the time you read this TS, you had a quiet and enjoyable New Year's ride home.

SamYeager
31st Dec 2011, 17:36
I would like to thank our Mods for their continuing support and patience.

@PAXboy - I thoroughly agree with your sentiments. :ok:

eightyknots
31st Dec 2011, 18:59
Creeps!:rolleyes:

Sunnyjohn
31st Dec 2011, 19:54
Thanks, PAXboy - as a one-time moderator (not here, I hasten to add), I know what a pain the job can sometimes be. Thanks from me, too.

Rwy in Sight
31st Dec 2011, 22:11
Yes, moderators here in PPRuNe have show repeatedly that they are the masters of balance. They keep us all happy and participating.

Rwy in Sight