PDA

View Full Version : FREE TRANSPORTATION ON NYE. NATIONWIDE in the US

SassyPilotsWife
29th Dec 2011, 23:06
TO: A Gift to ALL PILOTS, CREW MEMBERS and ANYONE READING THIS.

FROM : A Wife, Paramedic, Mother, Friend and someone who has seen and worked on New Years Eve. There is no way to reverse time. There is no way to reverse or fix a bad choice. I always say to every pilot I know, fly safe. Now I'm asking you to just BE SAFE. CALL. IT's FREE ! Here is my gift to you....

" Tipsy Tow offered by AAA: You don't have to be a AAA member, from 6pm-6am on New Year's Eve/Day they will take your drunk self and your car home for FREE. Save this number: 1-800-222-4357 . This is available nationwide! Please re-post this if you don't mind helping save lives and careers.

Please share this post on your FacePPRuNe, email to all friends, share this on your company bulletins, etc.. Drunk driving is an equal opportunity for anyone. No matter how many years, hours, seniority you have or whether your in the left or right seat or even the 3rd seat, no matter if you use a joy stick or wheel, no matter your age, your color, your race or your religious preference, you all share the same risk. Don't question it, there is no SOP. There is no CRM. just call.

MarkerInbound
30th Dec 2011, 08:24
Just for the record, it's not available everywhere and where it is they'll only take you 3-10 miles.

DownIn3Green
30th Dec 2011, 19:19
Marker...Don't know where your 3-10 mile info comes from, but I just sold my bar and the "AAA Tow 'N Go" is co-sponsored by AAA and Anheiser/Busch...we were in a rural setting where 10 miles didn't even get you to town...

Maybe it's just a local thing...still a great service, though...BTW, here in West Fla this program goes on from Thanksgiving thru New Year, and also other times during the year... (Memorial Day, Labor Day and July 4th weekends, for example)

Check with your local watering hole for details...if you drink Bud, you've no doubt co-sponsored this program tenfold!!!

DownIn3Green
1st Jan 2012, 01:22
OK...I didn't use the service, however it's 2115L where I'm at and I'm all tucked in and have no worries...Can't wait to read the arrest reports in the local papers or here on PPrune in the coming week...

Could "Babbling Babbit" be so dumb as to try the "Fairfax Grand Prix" one more time before he gets probation???

Happy New Year to ALL!!! Nomatter what your beliefs or where in this world you are....Dale

MarkerInbound
1st Jan 2012, 07:31
Each area's AAA is a separate organization and sets their own policies. In SFO it was only good for 5 miles this year, Dallas was 10 and I saw some place down to 3. There wasn't a Tipsy Tow in MSP this year but Miller dumped a bunch of money on the public transit system and all the buses and trains were free after 6pm.

SPW was copying a Facebook post that was going around but like a lot of them, there are details that are left out.

I had my 6.5 euro beer with dinner and was blown out of bed by the fireworks by the LUX train station.