PDA

View Full Version : Deal To Supply New 84 x F-15SA To Saudi Arabia Signed

RAFEngO74to09
29th Dec 2011, 17:23
The deal to supply Saudi Arabia with 84 x new F-15SA and upgrade 70 previously supplied F-15S to F-15SA standard has been signed.

The F-15SA is essentially similar to the F-15K supplied to South Korea.

The significant upgrades included in the F-15SA standard aircraft are the APG-63(v)3 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar
and the 29,400 lbf F-110-GE-129 engines.

U.S., Saudi Sign Boeing F-15 Fighter Deal Proposed in 2010 - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-29/u-s-saudi-formally-sign-boeing-f-15-jet-deal-proposed-in-2010.html)

The deal includes the following equipment:

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-14661.html

Looks like a seriously good bit of kit !

Trim Stab
29th Dec 2011, 18:28
The USA will probably find this very embarassing in a few years time when the Saudi regime is finally overthrown.

racedo
29th Dec 2011, 18:59
The USA will probably find this very embarassing in a few years time when the Saudi regime is finally overthrown.

Nope as they will then have a new BFF (Best Friends Forever)....................well until that goes sour. History just keeps on repeating itself :ugh:.

The Old Fat One
29th Dec 2011, 19:11

More embarrassing than selling the ingredients for chemical weapons to Saddam?

Or stingers to afghans?

Or the Yalta/Potsdam/Balflour/any treaty you like

Or any number of instances of Realpolitik throughout the ages.

What a quaintly naive view of international relations you have.

orca
29th Dec 2011, 20:01
Is this significant in that the Saudis are F-15 and Typhoon customers and appear to be buying more of the former and no more of the latter?

racedo
29th Dec 2011, 20:38
Is this significant in that the Saudis are F-15 and Typhoon customers and appear to be buying more of the former and no more of the latter?

Only if you add in the US support for overthrowing secular regimes and replacing them Islamic (Sunni) ones............. payback has gotta come some way.

Finningley Boy
30th Dec 2011, 07:51
If I may be allowed a slight thread drift, are the Australians still looking to purchase 100 x F35s?:confused:

FB:)

ORAC
30th Dec 2011, 09:24
Is this significant in that the Saudis are F-15 and Typhoon customers and appear to be buying more of the former and no more of the latter? Not necessarily. The Saudi's see keen to modify as many of the original order of Tranche 2 Typhoons as possible to Tranche 3 standard with GA capability to make them dual/swing-role.

If there is a follow-on order I'd expect it to be for full Tranche 3 capability and with an AESA radar, which means any order might be several years away.

It may be strongly influenced by whether the Typhoon wins the India MMRCA contract, where the decision is expected within the next 2 weeks (http://ktwop.wordpress.com/2011/12/28/indian-mmrca-decision-imminent-as-political-support-peaks-for-the-eurofighter-typhoon/).

SAMXXV
30th Dec 2011, 12:01
:*Later, rather than sooner, the USA & UK will realise that supplying Saudi Arabia (one of the most corrupt & hypocritical nations on the planet) with state of the art weapons/aircraft was a mistake of global proportions.

Saudia Arabia can buy whatever it wants - until the oil runs dry - as it will eventually. SA is the most corrupt nation on the planet. - their are over 2000 Saudi Millionnaire/Billionaire "Princes/Princesses"). They spend their summers on the cooler "Golden Mile" in Marbella/Puerto Banus after being flown in to Malaga on several 747's. Literally "hundreds" of Saudi Royal Family descendants cruise the one way harbour "strip" in Puerto Banus every night in summer in the latest Ferraris/Lamborghinis etc. The older Arabs use £300,000+ Rolls'. Hordes of Burkha clad women roam the port with minders buying ridiculously priced designer branded clothes.

I have a first floor apartment directly overlooking the marina (above the "Piano Bar") & have watched this every year since 2001.

What I don't understand is that the Arabs (Saudi Arabia & many other Middle East nations) are allowed to bring semi & fully automatic rifles (machine guns) & pistols into Spain, the UK & all EU countries, unless they come in the "Diplomatic Bag".

I will say with 100% certainty that ALL the Middle East countries bring into ALL EU countries whatever weaponry they wish, after bribing the import agencies. Been there & seen it first hand..

Lets see 500N, ORAC/ Catzoue etc comment.

Wrathmonk
30th Dec 2011, 13:40
I will say with 100% certainty that ALL the Middle East countries bring into ALL EU countries whatever weaponry they wish, after bribing the import agencies. Been there & seen it first hand..

Then may I humbly suggest you take your evidence to the relevant authorities so that they can pursue possible prosecutions. Or are you that paranoid that you believe every official in the Home Office / Police Service / HMRC etc is corrupt and under the pay of Iran / Saudi / Russia / Insert Random Country of your choice.

Alternatively, sell your story to the papers - they like nothing more than a bit of Johnny Foreigner bashing, particularly if it includes corrupt civil servants.

But just watch out for the thick set gentlemen wearing an ill fitting, and lumpy, suit and dark glasses if you do either of these. Don't say you haven't been warned.:ok:

air pig
30th Dec 2011, 13:49
Wrathmonk, remember the old saying from the 'Spooks' era 'beware the black omega's'

Have a good new year.

Regards.

Air pig.

SASless
30th Dec 2011, 14:06
TOFO,

What a quaintly naive view of international relations you have.

Yeah....we know...like.... Lend Lease, the Marshal Plan, NATO, and maintaining numerous Military Cemeteries from two World Wars in the UK and Europe!

What could we have done without you over the years!

(Imagine two very erect fingers raised in your direction....either on one hand in the British version or one center digit on each hand in the American way!)

ColinB
30th Dec 2011, 23:40
Yeah....we know...like.... Lend Lease, the Marshal Plan, NATO, and maintaining numerous Military Cemeteries from two World Wars in the UK and Europe!

What could we have done without you over the years!

(Imagine two very erect fingers raised in your direction....either on one hand in the British version or one center digit on each hand in the American way!)
Is this a bad time to mention the 1916-19 and 1941-45 wars?
I wish you a prosperous New Year. Peace and Goodwill to All.

NutLoose
30th Dec 2011, 23:54
You can sell em what you want, but pull the contractors out of the country and they would be back to towing them with camels..

Thought the Afghan Stingers were time critical on the software front? Probably wrong, but read somewhere if not used in a certain time they became inop.

glad rag
31st Dec 2011, 15:53
The deal to supply Saudi Arabia with 84 x new F-15SA

But who's going to fly them? :E

Courtney Mil
31st Dec 2011, 16:38
Nut, I thought that was the electrics. Might be useful to know what the time limit is, but I guess the people that it really matters to might know. :cool:

GreenKnight121
1st Jan 2012, 01:23
But who's going to fly them? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Some of the pilots of the 100+ F-15C/Ds the Saudis will be decommissioning as their new Typhoons & F-15SAs are delivered.

The Sultan
2nd Jan 2012, 01:55
A related question. Where is the Israeli funded memorial to the sailors they murdered on the USS Liberty? The US has a Holocaust Museum funded by the US tax payers and we did not cause that.

When selling advanced aircraft and missiles the US needs to only consider what is in our best interests. To my knowledge the Saudi military has not overtly and with premeditation attacked and killed Americans operating in international waters.

The Sultan

racedo
2nd Jan 2012, 18:06
To my knowledge the Saudi military has not overtly and with premeditation attacked and killed Americans operating in international waters.

Remind me again which country supported, supplied and recognised Taliban Govt in Afghanistan pre2011 and where did most of the 9/11 Hijackers come from.