PDA

View Full Version : NVFR Recency requirements

Avgas172
27th Dec 2011, 04:00
Yeh I know I should be able to find it myself, but seek guidance from the AIP guru's regarding recency for carrying pax on local night flights in our 206 all input appreciated, happy new year all.....

triathlon
27th Dec 2011, 04:28
Look in the CAO's dude.

outnabout
27th Dec 2011, 05:17
I agree - CAOs should be your first port of call.

And if you're going to be charging a fare for night VFR in a SE aircraft, I wait with interest to hear the outcome of the prosecution.

Ozzie Mozzie
27th Dec 2011, 06:32
The reference is CAO 40.2.2.5

To fly under NVFR, 1 hr at night within the previous year and within the previous 6 months carried out at least 1 take off and landing at night.

To fly with pax, you also need to have the 3 night t/o and landings within 90 days.

Can't seem to find the reference (thought it was in the cao 20-series but it remains elusive for the moment) but as I recall PVT and AWK flights by night are fine, but passenger carrying charter is out in singles.

Howard Hughes
27th Dec 2011, 10:08
Always thought part of holding a rating was knowing the 'privileges and limitations' of the rating, or am I just old school? :E

MakeItHappenCaptain
27th Dec 2011, 12:46
Ozzie.
CAO 40.2.1 Para 14
Flights under NVFR procedures.

The essence of this is that the NVFR rating is only able to be used for PVT and AWK operations.

HH.
Agreed. Should be revised with an AFR theory component at least, maybe a couple of questions as part of an IFR renewal by the ATO for others?:rolleyes:

Avgas172
27th Dec 2011, 19:52
Thanks for the reference to the CAO's, as I said I could have looked it up but was just too lazy after Christmas.
And if you're going to be charging a fare for night VFR in a SE aircraft, I wait with interest to hear the outcome of the prosecution.
Thats what I like about Pprune ... there is always some d#*head willing to push the CASA guilty and prove yourself innocent line here .... where in the post did anyone mention charging for the flights :mad: get a life dude! .... not everyone in the world wants to be a lowly paid sky god on half of what a cleaner gets in the mines, some of us actually love ..... flying.

Avgas172
27th Dec 2011, 19:58
Always thought part of holding a rating was knowing the 'privileges and limitations' of the rating, or am I just old school?

HH old bean, actually it's just knowing where to find the reference to the 'privileges and limitations' of the rating, and in this case I chose the much greater knowledge base of the Pprune Guru's to assist me in doing so.
cheers
A172

NIK320
27th Dec 2011, 22:53
Thats what I like about Pprune ... there is always some d#*head willing to push the CASA guilty and prove yourself innocent line here .... where in the post did anyone mention charging for the flights http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif get a life dude! .... not everyone in the world wants to be a lowly paid sky god on half of what a cleaner gets in the mines, some of us actually love ..... flying.You did say 'all input appreciated' and that's what you got.
Surely you expected a response like that when you decided typing 'CAO night VFR' into google was too difficult :hmm:

Avgas172
27th Dec 2011, 23:54
Not all of us are google freaks mate, and don't call me Shirley.